Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVPN slow on Windows - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVPN slow on Windows

2»

Comments

• v3ngv3ng Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

Doesn't help.
    I just ran the MTU test:
    https://pastebin.com/DGw545jV

Sat Dec 23 19:21:19 2017 NOTE: Empirical MTU test completed [Tried,Actual] local->remote=[1525,1425] remote->local=[1522,1522] Sat Dec 23 19:21:19 2017 NOTE: This connection is unable to accommodate a UDP packet size of 1525. Consider using --fragment or --mssfix options as a workaround.

• Have you tried to uninstall network card drivers on the Windows machine and reinstall it?
    Is your speed stable without VPN connection?

No, but the same problem occurs on my laptop, so it can't be related to the NIC driver.
    The speed is stable without VPN, yes. Always more than 160 MBit/s.

• I know it does not make sense but what if you use TCP instead of UDP?

• bashlykbashlyk Member
    edited December 2017

You could also try these:

fragment 1200
    mssfix 1200

• haha I had this exact problem with Windows 7 and OpenVPN. Hopefully you will get it solved, I gave up.

• UmutUmut Member

Did you find any solution? I have tried adding fragment, mssfix, sndbuf ,rcvbuf to the config and downgrading the TAP driver but my speed is still slow on Windows 7 x64. I get 75 Mbit/s without VPN, 10 Mbit/s with VPN.

No, still have the same issue.
    I will do some more research in the next week(s).

• Try SoftEther VPN

• Try with Debian 8 instead of Debian 9.