Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What logtool should I use to monitor pagefile usage on 250 Win servers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What logtool should I use to monitor pagefile usage on 250 Win servers?

We want to log and present pagefile usage on 250 Windows servers we have in our DC. (Vmware). We need the data from each server - not total on our VxRail.
Is there any tool that can collect and present this data "out of the box"? or any script that can collect the data on one place, then use a tool to present the data over time (day for day).

I have created a simple Powershell script that can collect the data, and send it to a FTP server. So if there is any tool that just can read the data, this will most likely be the simplest way?
We then just create a scheduled task that send this file to the FTP server.

Comments

• The old fashion way is using tools such as Nagios to monitor your server's health, including the page file usage, and get alerts. Of course if you already have another monitoring system that takes care of the other metrics on those 250 servers then you scripting option can be enough on top of what you alreay run.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

zabbix if you want free, prtg if you have a budget.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @fernandosm said:
    Nagios

kek

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

Prtg

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • mikho said: Prtg

Expensive...we really just need something to log pagefile usage. We are using AutoTask Endpoint Manager to monitor all other important things, like CPU usage, memory usage, disk usage and lots more monitor checks. But it do not monitor pagefile usage.

• snmp polling.. after a few hours, they'll bluescreen and automagically reboot. Pagefile use: Minimal.