Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New York City LEB Providers?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

New York City LEB Providers?

jakejake Member
edited September 2013 in General

Anyone know of any providers offering VPS directly in New York, NY?

I know of...

Iniz

Kazila

vr.org

OpenVirtuals

Unfortunately it's Monday and I cannot seem to think of anymore so that is all I got for now. :/ can anyone else think of any? Any personal experience, reviews, etc is welcome. I'm looking for a VPS located directly in NYC for my DNS cluster.

Comments

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited September 2013

We are here :). Pm me if you want a custom plan :)

I don't think many lowender can or will vouch for us since we never do any crazy pricing or promo :(

• +1 for NinjaHawk. The guys over there know their stuff.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

DigitalOcean NY2 is directly in NYC.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited September 2013

others:
    Ubiquity Servers 1GB/$6 cloud

Digital Ocean

End of Reality $5 monthly 2GB RAM/50GB Disc/2TB bw special <- price will change to $5 after adding to cart, promo code wht6

NYC providers I've used and would recommend: Vr.org (not LEB) for Xen and cloud, Iniz and Openvz.io for openvz, End of Reality, and Digital Ocean (used them for a DNS server).

Iniz benchmarks:
    regular 2GB plan (non SSD):

--- /tmp (simfs /vz/private/xxx) ioping statistics ---
    10 requests completed in 9001.4 ms, 20534 iops, 80.2 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.0/0.0/0.1/0.0 ms

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 1.50798 s, 712 MB/s

openvz.io 3GB plan

--- /tmp (simfs /vz/private/xxx) ioping statistics ---
    10 requests completed in 9001.4 ms, 16779 iops, 65.5 mb/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 0.0/0.1/0.1/0.0 ms

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 2.43499 s, 441 MB/s
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran

@seriesn said:

I don't think many lowender can or will vouch for us since we never do any crazy pricing or promo :(

I can! So far so good! I went with NinjaHawk because of the sustainable pricing. I feel better knowing you charge a bit more meaning you hopefully don't cram as many people on your nodes. There are providers I use for messing around and there are providers I use for production stuff. NinjaHawk is one of the 'production stuff' providers.

Thanked by 1seriesn
    edited September 2013

I can! So far so good! I went with NinjaHawk because of the sustainable pricing. I feel better knowing you charge a bit more meaning you hopefully don't cram as many people on your nodes. There are providers I use for messing around and there are providers I use for production stuff. NinjaHawk is one of the 'production stuff' providers.

Should probably mention they are also a major advertiser on a forum you own, so that people know you're not being entirely impartial here.

Thanked by 1DeletedUser
  • InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

To be fair Ninja Hawk's NYC location is actually awesome and I've had no issues whatsoever so far. Network, hardware etc is good.

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • MannDudeMannDude Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2013

@rm_ said:
    Should probably mention they are also a major advertiser on a forum you own, so that people know you're not being entirely impartial here.

Should probably mention I have a service with them, and it's good. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Guess I can no longer comment on the services of providers who use vpsB or advertise there. My bad.

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited September 2013

. I feel better knowing you charge a bit more meaning you hopefully don't cram as many people on your nodes.

A comparison of 16 yr old Prometeus (cheap, non overloaded responsive nodes) to 15 yr old JaguarPC (expensive, overloaded sluggish nodes, frequent complaints of downtime, disk crashes, data loss) would indicate that paying more doesn't necessarily mean there will be fewer people crammed on a node, or that a higher priced VPS is better suited for "production stuff".

@rm_ said "Should probably mention they are also a major advertiser on a forum you own"

I wouldn't know who is or isn't advertising on VPSBoard because....

AdBlockPlus
    1. click custom filters
    2. add filter group "VPSBoard"
    3. click add filter "http://ab.vpsboard.com/media/resources/"

bye bye annoying animated ads!

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • @seriesn said:

Dont be sad ;p I vouch for you. I had a box for 3 months. Nice support and a nice price :)

Thanked by 1seriesn
  • Hey @Jake

We have VPS services in New York City @ 100 William St w/ Zayo/GTT connectivity.

Hosted on Ubiquity's network, we've had some great feedback so far from my clients.

Reece

edited September 2013

If only it was that easy, they change their ads domain all the damn time, yesterday it was "a.vpsboard.com", blocked that, today all the ads are back... evaded my filter by changing the domain to "ab". Guess tomorrow it'll be "ac" or some other b/s.

• seriesnseriesn Member
    edited September 2013

@NickEsposito said:
    +1 for NinjaHawk. The guys over there know their stuff.

@MannDude said:

@Infinity said:
    To be fair Ninja Hawk's NYC location is actually awesome and I've had no issues whatsoever so far. Network, hardware etc is good.

@trexos said:
    Dont be sad ;p I vouch for you. I had a box for 3 months. Nice support and a nice price :)

Thanks a ton for the kind words :)