Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My NorthHosts server has been down for 13 hours, 12 tickets updates that an admin wil fix
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

My NorthHosts server has been down for 13 hours, 12 tickets updates that an admin wil fix

myhkenmyhken Member
edited December 2017 in General

@NorthHosts what's going on? My server has been down for 13 hours an counting, and after I created my ticket 13 hours ago, I have got 12!!!! ticket updates all saying an admin will look into the issue.
How many admins to they have? And why can't they fix my issue? Any other with NortHosts issues right now? I'm creating a new thread, since people complains in the other NorthHosts thread that it was old and people should not dig it up anymore.

Here is my ticket from start to right now: (the ticket goes from bottom up on each picture)

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

Comments

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

Thank you for your ticket, this is being forwarded to the appropriate LETmin.

• The owner did a runner, host is dead, kept a lot of hardware including some of my own.

• 6ixth said: The owner did a runner, host is dead, kept a lot of hardware including some of my own.

Ok, any thread with this information?

• ChristianDSHChristianDSH Member, Host Rep
    Thanked by 1myhken
  • It's safe to say they won't be back - IP space has been revoked

• vovlervovler Member
    edited December 2017

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

That reply is an auto reply by WHMCS, it’s not a person replying.

Alexander

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @AlexanderM said:

Alexander

It's timed to happen every 30 minutes, that's quite annoying.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@vovler said:

@AlexanderM said:

Alexander

It's timed to happen every 30 minutes, that's quite annoying.

Talk about spam.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Last Active July 13 I don't think you have any chance of recovery, move on, if he has some of your kit, the guy is well known he will not be hard to find.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • They are dead. I have 2 VPS, i can't access them since several day. I cant boot them.

• You guys are lucky, my two servers with NH have been offline for months...

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@joereid said:
    You guys are lucky, my two servers with NH have been offline for months...

Wow, why you still with them? If you are still paying for these servers I bet you if you do call your card provider and explain the situation they willl be able to reverse every payment even outside of 180 days.

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

May VM found out he had a dodgy network feed installed?

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@JSCL said:

Is there any truth to this?

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

@trewq said:

@JSCL said:

I recall someone telling me that he was a VM network engineer and the network in the 'DC' was a flaky VM line.

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

VM? Meaning...?

• @MikePT said:
    VM? Meaning...?

VirginMedia an internet provider in the UK. If I recall people could only pull ~300Mbps on a single thread so people suspected it was a VirginMedia residential line of 330Mbps. Unsure if any truth to this though.

Thanked by 1MikePT

@IThinkUFailed said:

@MikePT said:
    VM? Meaning...?

VirginMedia an internet provider in the UK. If I recall people could only pull ~300Mbps on a single thread so people suspected it was a VirginMedia residential line of 330Mbps. Unsure if any truth to this though.

Ah damn... Makes sense now, thank you!

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited December 2017

@JSCL said:

@trewq said:

@JSCL said:

I recall someone telling me that he was a VM network engineer and the network in the 'DC' was a flaky VM line.

He wasn't a VM Network Engineer, he was a VM Store Manager as far as I recall. In regards to it being a dodgy VM line, I am unsure however the network was single homed to Virgin Media so this is probably truthful.

I am happy he's finally been 'brought' down of sorts, cunt stole 2 of my SFP transceivers that cost like $140 combined.

@6ixth said:

@JSCL said:

@trewq said:

@JSCL said:

He wasn't a VM Network Engineer, he was a VM Store Manager as far as I recall. In regards to it being a dodgy VM line, I am unsure however the network was single homed to Virgin Media so this is probably truthful.

I am happy he's finally been 'brought' down of sorts, cunt stole 2 of my SFP transceivers that cost like $140 combined.

Sorry to hear that. What can we do to stop this shady guy?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

prove the debt, write him a letter with 14 days to respond, contact a UK debt collection agency who will add £500 collection fee on top and charge him for the pleasure on a no win no fee basis.

Thanked by 3MikePT Clouvider MasonR
  • My LET failradar is getting better and better.

Resisted even the $12/yr offers from NH multiple times. fistpump

Thanked by 3raindog308 uptime sin
  • Luckily this happened now, and not next month, since my next recurring payment was in January. And I had an auto Paypal payment set up. So I was not "hurt" economically from this, it was just a couple of weeks left. But did never get any info from NorthHosts about them closing down.
    But of course £10/year for 1 GB RAM is not anything you can make money off?

• TBF, I'm amazed people were still with NH this far along; loads of us were jumping ship back in March/April when it was clear things were going quite badly wrong.

• Nekki said: clear things were going quite badly wrong.

I have never seen thees threads here, and I have had 0 issues up til now, I even paid £5 in June, since I have a one year contract, but pays twice a year.
    I have just used the VPS for my status page (my internal site for uptime on all my servers), but the page is always up in any browser, so any downtime is picked up fast if it happens when I'm awake. So there has been none downtime I have seen the last year, and I have never needed to contact support.

Just lucky I think. I have got full value for my money, except 2 weeks. Not bad, if people jumped ship in March/April.