Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone the same? New ZXHost Storage LET VPS on Hezner failed again shortly
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone the same? New ZXHost Storage LET VPS on Hezner failed again shortly

GustafRiemannGustafRiemann Member
edited December 2017 in Help

After the CEPH disaster, I chose to believe and support @AshleyUK based on his reputation and reaction during the disaster so I continued the LET storage service on ZXHost. But it seems not smart for me as it appears by now.

The VPS on Hezner, 2 days work after I setup services, found on Dec. 9th, became irresponsible, error showed on vnc screen and cannot login while ssh connection refused.

According to the screenshot I made on vnc screen, it said:

• system tasks blocked for more than 120 seconds.
  • Not tainted 4.9.0-4-amd64 #1 debian 4.9.51-1
  • Failed to start Journal Service

I guess the storage failed again.

After dozens of attempts of trying on web management page, still failed to solve this problem, which included reboot, shut down and start up, get into rescue mode. The vps was soon locked under rescue mode and cannot do anything else at all. Again I cannot fetch my data back. Several days work missed again.

Former 2 tickets with no respond closed. Time and energy wasted. Missed bargains from other storage suppliers during the black Friday. I hesitate whether I make such a decision.

I understand maybe @AshleyUK is busy dealing with the disaster but it's not the way to keep silence as to solve problem.

Anyone with the same or similar experience, please follow up here and share your cases. As long as we get a chance to be replied as a whole from @ashleyuk.

Comments

• Yet another post about the user not making backups

• @doughmanes said:
    Yet another post about the user not making backups

Yet another user claiming another user never made backups, so fucking what? Smh. He's posting his experience on the product, as you know, this is a 'forum'.

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited December 2017

Yet another post...

EDIT: In case OP is ESL.

• 6ixth said: Yet another user claiming another user never made backups, so fucking what? Smh

GustafRiemann said: Again I cannot fetch my data back. Several days work missed again.

Duh son

Thanked by 1willie
  • why open a new thread? the original one is still alive and you already posted about your problems in it (as did all others). @AshleyUK hasn't been online here sind Nov 27th...

request a merge @Amitz @Trewq

• That one is about CEPH and this one is about the new failure for those don't want refund but use the vps' users.

@Falzo said:
    why open a new thread? the original one is still alive and you already posted about your problems in it (as did all others). @AshleyUK hasn't been online here sind Nov 27th...

request a merge @Amitz @Trewq

• The key point is not about data but the availability of the vps service.

I'm not satisfied with the situation and decide to speak it out.

Refer to data, it's less worthy than my time spent on this unstable service.

@doughmanes said:

• @doughmanes said:

He doesn't say anything about lost data. He's complaining about lost effort and lost storage deal opportunities. No backup can solve these.

• My vps was down on Dec 4th or earlier.

• More or less the same date.

@1024 said:
    My vps was down on Dec 4th or earlier.

• Thanks dude.

@bugrakoc said:

@doughmanes said:

He doesn't say anything about lost data. He's complaining about lost effort and lost storage deal opportunities. No backup can solve these.

• Another week passed. No response from staff yet. Ticket closed automatically.

• heard zxhost is already deadpooled.