Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for 120GB (minimum) storage, Europe, unlimited bandwidth, KVM/Xen
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for 120GB (minimum) storage, Europe, unlimited bandwidth, KVM/Xen

edited December 2017 in Requests

I am looking for looking for a 120GB (minimum) storage VM, in Europe, with unlimited bandwidth, KVM/Xen. Budget is no more than EUR 5.90 per month. Is this feasible?

Just to clarify, this is to run a private yum repo. Not for torrents. The request for unlimited bandwidth is just as to not having to worry about going over the bandwidth limit.

Comments

• @brightsunshine said:
    I am looking for looking for a 120GB (minimum) storage VM, in Europe, with unlimited bandwidth, KVM/Xen. Budget is no more than EUR 5.90 per month. Is this feasible?

Hi there, maybe checkout scaleway?
    Wishosting.com or Hosthatch is also very great.

• edited December 2017

@benj0x: Hello! I don't think Scaleway nor Wishosting would fit within the budget. Hosthatch has 250GB storage fitting within the budget, but does not have unlimited bandwidth.

• @brightsunshine said:
    @benj0x: Hello! I don't think Scaleway nor Wishosting would fit within the budget. Hosthatch has 250GB storage fitting within the budget, but does not have unlimited bandwidth.

Well, it'd make it alot cheaper you'd give us a bandwidth amount.
    Scaleway isn't fitting in your budget? 2,99 + 2x 50GB block Storage at them aren't enough?

• @Francisco might have some LU storage boxes in stock

• @bersy said:
    @Francisco might have some LU storage boxes in stock

As I heard, it will not be stocked in LU as they are working on block storage

Thanked by 1bersy
  • @benj0x said:

@brightsunshine said:

Well, it'd make it alot cheaper you'd give us a bandwidth amount.
    Scaleway isn't fitting in your budget? 2,99 + 2x 50GB block Storage at them aren't enough?

Last I heard you couldn't attach extra storage to the cheapest VM. Might be wrong though.

• @brightsunshine how soon do you need it and do you need it to be a VM or would you be happy with command line based storage? As soon as I find a server I will hopefully be doing a beta trail of my new project.

• Didn't @ishaq have storage boxes somewhere in the EU?

• @teamacc said:
    Didn't @ishaq have storage boxes somewhere in the EU?

Storage KVM is US only but if the requirement is only 120GB might be able to do this in EU soon.

@brightsunshine said: The request for unlimited bandwidth is just as to not having to worry about going over the bandwidth limit.

What is your estimated usage?

• @Ishaq said:

@brightsunshine said: The request for unlimited bandwidth is just as to not having to worry about going over the bandwidth limit.

What is your estimated usage?

Estimated usage is probably in the 2TB -- 5TB range. But I will want this to be for unlimited bandwidth.

@lurch said:
    @brightsunshine how soon do you need it and do you need it to be a VM or would you be happy with command line based storage? As soon as I find a server I will hopefully be doing a beta trail of my new project.

It has to be a VM.

• @brightsunshine said: Estimated usage is probably in the 2TB -- 5TB range. But I will want this to be for unlimited bandwidth.

Unmetered at what port speed? Would 10Mbps be sufficient?

• @Ishaq said:

@brightsunshine said: Estimated usage is probably in the 2TB -- 5TB range. But I will want this to be for unlimited bandwidth.

Unmetered at what port speed? Would 10Mbps be sufficient?

No, 100Mbps or more. It is for a private yum repo. So you won't see continuous traffic, but when there is traffic, I want the traffic not to be constrained by 10Mbps.

• How does this sound?

• 1GB RAM
    • 1 Core
    • 120GB RAID10 Storage
    • Unmetered @ 100Mbps (fair usage)
    • UK Location
    • $5.00/month
    Thanked by 1dedicados
  • @Ishaq said:
    How does this sound?

• 1GB RAM
    • 1 Core
    • 120GB RAID10 Storage
    • Unmetered @ 100Mbps (fair usage)
    • UK Location
    • $5.00/month

@ishaq: sounds good! Can we sort this out directly between us please?

• Just to bring this up again, anyone else can offer this? I have a VM at the moment with budgetnode, which has been working well. Looking for another.

• https://www.time4vps.eu/storage-servers/
    1 core / 1Gb RAM / 1Tb HDD (with 200 iops limit) / 10Tb for 5.99

https://contabo.com/?show=vps
    2 core / 6Gb RAM / 500Gb HDD (boosted) / 100 Mbit/s unmetered. It worths 6.99 but it really worths it.

• VPSSLIMVPSSLIM Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited February 2018

How does this sound to you?

1 GB RAM
    1 CORE
    200 GB RAID-10 storage
    Unmetered 100Mbit BW @ 1Gbps uplink (or just 100Mbit unmetered)
    NL Datacenter
    9.99$/month

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

we can do the following plan:

2GB Memory

250GB HDD

10TB Bandwidth

4 CPU cores

2.66GHz+ CPU Speed

1 IPv4 Address

1 IPv6 Subnet (/112)

Full Root Access

SolusVM Control Panel

SSH Access

Xen HVM Virtualization

Unmanaged Support Service

£5 per month (after 50% off discount)

• FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited February 2018

@VPSSlim

Take the time to read the thread maybe? I'm not sure if you posted it in hopes of it being considered, because as far as I can tell you were too lazy to read the request.

Thanked by 2emperor joeri

@FlamesRunner said:
    @VPSSlim

Take the time to read the thread maybe? I'm not sure if you posted it in hopes of it being considered, because as far as I can tell you were too lazy to read the request.

Sorry. Not sure what you are on about...

• @VPSSLIM said:

Budget is no more than EUR 5.90 per month

Thanked by 1WebProject
  • deankdeank Member, Troll

The emperor has spoken. Case closed.

edited February 2018

@emperor said:

@VPSSLIM said:

Budget is no more than EUR 5.90 per month

Right. It's up to to the OP to decide if it would work for him or not. At the end of the day he asked if it's feasible. I've read it as no strict line for offering a bit above 6EUR.