Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Business Opportunity for VPS providers - Asterisk PBX
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Business Opportunity for VPS providers - Asterisk PBX

As I mentioned in my other discussion I "used to" (they shut down) have service with a VPS provider who offered Asterisk template. There are not that many VPS offers with this out there.

A business opportunity for a VPS provider: create a Trixbox (or other Asterisk distribution) template (most feasibly done under CentOS) and offer to customers. You would need to run it on non-oversubscribed servers, and usually the fee for that would be higher. Maybe offer it with KVM plans (usually at least 512 MB of good RAM access/usage is required for Asterisk). Good peering is a must (latency, latency, latency).

Believe me, there are many people out there who would jump on plan like this, if you promote it properly. There are many people who want to use VOIP and need a remotely hosted solution, which they can set up with couple of clicks. Yes, there are providers who offer Virtual PBX paid solutions, but they charge on per-line/per-call/per-minute basis, etc. There are many people who do not want a plug-n-play solution, but rather a template they can configure themselves, but do not want to go through troubles and complications of installing and tuning Asterisk PBX (e.g. trixbox) from a command line console.

Comments

• so they dont want a plug n play solution but they also dont want to do any work setting it up. gotcha

• I'm sure one of the providers here can add a template for you.

• Ummm or go with a KVM provider and ask them to upload the ISO for you so you can install from distro like PBXinaFlash? I did it with ChicagoVPS and also TurnkeyInternet.

• Maximum_VPSMaximum_VPS Member
    edited September 2013

Elastix/Pbxinaflash/AsteriskNOW iso's already in our list since launch. Currently using Elastix on the LA node for our phone system :)

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Yep, we have these ISOs.

• @rubiohiguey said:
    (usually at least 512 MB of good RAM access/usage is required for Asterisk)

Where did you get this information?

• @rubiohiguey Most if not all providers will allow you to upload an iso to have this up and running in little time.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

I have a Xen CentOS+Asterisk template, had it for a long time but frankly there was so little interest I took it down to save on maintenance time, I could look at putting it back up again I suppose.

• Thank you all for information. I will be checking the solutions suggested.

• We've been offering it for awhile now.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1302264