Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Net Neutrality] And it's gone - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Net Neutrality] And it's gone

13»

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Janevski said: I predict burstable but no continuous broadband speed for all of the connections, except for the well defined additionally paid ones. Yes, you pay for 1Gbps and your connection can burst up to 1Gbps, but you can't effectively use it for anything else except youtube, netflix or whatever package you additionally paid for.

Having "only burstable" 1gbps would delight me.

• @raindog308 said:

Janevski said: I predict burstable but no continuous broadband speed for all of the connections, except for the well defined additionally paid ones. Yes, you pay for 1Gbps and your connection can burst up to 1Gbps, but you can't effectively use it for anything else except youtube, netflix or whatever package you additionally paid for.

Are you coming on to me bro?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

WSS said: Are you coming on to me bro?

I suppose if I tell you I have a limited uplink but a strong downlink you'll want to be on top again.

• @raindog308 said:

WSS said: Are you coming on to me bro?

I suppose if I tell you I have a limited uplink but a strong downlink you'll want to be on top again.

That depends on just how limited it is. Obviously I can only endure so much..

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited December 2017

@raindog308 said:

Well, to be precise, that are 128MB and then the speed goes down, but anyhow the point is clear and goes beyond this caricature example of mine.

When i think about it, 128MB for a single connection state VPN session might not be quite enough. Anyhow...

Perhaps i wasn't clear or correct enough, burst or not, those 128MB are going to be spent.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited December 2017

Predictions seem to outweigh actual events in number by an obscene degree. It's interesting to observe.

• Who cares about speed and bandwidth, home users can always return to dial-up.

• ramnetramnet Member, Host Rep

this is really a big nothingburger.

it isn't like the net neutrality law that they had before was all that good or did all that much.

it's high time we regulate broadband as a basic utility, like most of the civilized world already does.