Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH SoYouStart : what's your Santa Claus wishlist ? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH SoYouStart : what's your Santa Claus wishlist ?

Comments

• PayPal subscriptions please?

Also, waiting list for server orders please?

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • Please review Performance of soyoustart Network to the southeast (TICKET#1201068843)

• stefemanstefeman Member
    edited December 2017

Combination of good CPU, HDD space, and recurring discount like that SP-64-D offer that was given in german speaking ovh site a year ago.

E5, 64GB, 4x2TB for 45€ recurring.

People paid 200€ just for transfers.

Thanked by 3fxf karjaj wokenwoll
  • SetsuraSetsura Member
    edited December 2017

I too echo the above statements of "more HDD pls". Some sort of service like hetzner's storage boxes so I could just buy some storage and mount it on my existing OVH stuff would also be cool.

@stefeman said:
    Combination of good CPU, HDD space, and recurring discount like that SP-64-S offer that was given in german speaking ovh site a year ago.

E5, 64GB, 3x2TB for 45€ recurring.

People paid 200€ just for transfers.

Was the SP-64-D, also 4x2TB https://www.ovh.de/dedicated_server/bare-metal-servers/sp-64-d.xml.

Definitely was a nice server though.

Thanked by 3stefeman fxf wokenwoll
  • NVMe nominees

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • https://labs.ovh.com/amd-ryzen - on SYS and 65 euro :)
    and maybe AMD EPYC 7401P ?
    and in 2018 CPU i9x, i9-7920X and etc

Thanked by 2svmo wokenwoll
  • and of course the launch of new data centers

soyoustart in UK PL DE; Kimsufi price in PL and USA location we wait some years

• LeeLee Veteran

wokenwoll said: what's missing from your point of view ?

Your support is sub standard, no really, its awful. a $2 LET host is capable of supporting their client better than you are.

So how about focusing on that?

Thanked by 2fLoo WebProject
  • Yep, OVH support is utterly trash and non existent. Sad story. Hetzner is lightyears ahead!

• Below is relevant to OVH, not SYS...

Cloud uptime is really horrendous. Object storage is frequently down. Regularly have issues creating and destroying instances.

How about some sensible GPU offerings. Most of our platform is OVH dedicated with a smattering of cloud (all in GRA) but our main research/analytic nodes had to be moved to Hetzner for their 1080s. Your GPU instances are underpowered and overpriced, and for ad-hoc data science, your dedicated GPU servers are just too massive.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

iwaswrongonce said: Cloud uptime is really horrendous. Object storage is frequently down. Regularly have issues creating and destroying instances.

what do you expect, its still in beta or gamma stage and never come out from their labs.

fLoo said: OVH support is utterly trash and non existent. Sad story.

The EU support is sucks, different story is Canadian/US support, more professional!

alice2k said: soyoustart in UK PL DE; Kimsufi price in PL and USA location

The UK and other new locations are not 100% completed - pointless to mark them as completed and done as these new locations can't offer exactly the same service as FR datacenters, example: the same number of IPv4s and the same price!

• @WebProject said:

iwaswrongonce said: Cloud uptime is really horrendous. Object storage is frequently down. Regularly have issues creating and destroying instances.

what do you expect, its still in beta or gamma stage and never come out from their labs.

Uhh, no? It's definitely not in beta/gamma.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

@iwaswrongonce said:

@WebProject said:

Uhh, no? It's definitely not in beta/gamma.

you are not first person who complaining about downtime on their cloud service

• WebProject said: Haha, My personal choice is RBX as it seems to me better connectivity than other DCs in FR.

Maybe it is true, I can't compare, however SBG is a bit closer to my home than RBX ;)

• 1Gbps uplink.

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • I would like to see paypal subscriptions or card subscriptions :)

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • SYS: $7 please.

• @wokenwoll, allow DDOS pro/game for all services within the OVH network. Not being able to turn on/off ddos protection for soyoustart and kimsufi makes these services pretty much worthless because it takes quite some time until VAC protection kicks in which makes it an unreliable protection. I still have few kimsufi servers from back then when OVH was just one website, before they split into SYS and kimsufi and I can enable and disable ddos mitigation just fine.

Also, what @WebProject said in his post https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/2558425/#Comment_2558425

6) loyalty discounts

8) Anti-DDoS Pro should include all layer of protection otherwise it's not Pro it's just basic protection with some 2 - 3 tweaks extra and nothing more.

That's it from me.

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

@kalimov622 said:
    @wokenwoll, allow DDOS pro/game for all services within the OVH network.

8) Anti-DDoS Pro should include all layer of protection otherwise it's not Pro it's just basic protection with some 2 - 3 tweaks extra and nothing more.

This doesn't really matter to me since I don't work for OVH and they don't pay me to shill (damnit, really?) but I just want put in my 2c.

~ I think it's technically impossible for them to offer the game firewall on all servers, probably due to the hardware location and costs and they are lower capacity.
    ~ The DDoS protection does work well except mitigation L7 attacks, I don't think I've ever really had an attack take down a whole system for long than the time it takes for the automated mitigation to get triggered (since I typically avoid enabling permanent mitigation). Pairing the standard "Pro" mitigation with some software stacks and separate firewalls I've been able to stop basically all attacks (including L7 attacks) from affecting stuff like my site, but I make changes often. The ability to completely protect your sites/infra really comes down to how you utilize everything.

• FireVPSFireVPS Member, Patron Provider

Why only 16 IPs? Also why additional IP is $3/mo. It should be $1/mo. Please consider.

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • @reseller2host said:
    Why only 16 IPs? Also why additional IP is $3/mo. It should be $1/mo. Please consider.

It's not $3/mo, it's a $3 one-time setup fee.

• @MikeA, I do avoid permanent mitigation as well but gameservers (not those included in the game firewall) will suffer during the time automated mitigation kicks in because it may take a couple minutes or more, besides this may be abusable if attacks are just seconds long. I noticed I've included the game protection too,forget that, I'm ok with pro alone for soyoustart vs the automated protection. I also haven't experienced any L7 attacks either so I'm good.

• @fxf said:

@reseller2host said:

I believe he means if you go over the 16 free IP limit.

• Vova1234Vova1234 Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

Servers in new data centers ERI WAW LIM VIN on SoYouStart/Kimsufi.

Game configurations SoYouStart in Poland would be very cool for the CIS (Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and others), via ping.

I want a lot of dislocation in the locations to sell to customers other than France and Canada.

Thanked by 1wokenwoll
  • cpsdcpsd Member
    edited December 2017

A special order page for LET users :)

Thanked by 2karjaj wokenwoll
  • @Vova1234 said:
    Servers in new data centers ERI WAW LIM VIN on SoYouStart/Kimsufi.

Game configurations SoYouStart in Poland would be very cool for the CIS (Ukraine, Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and others), via ping.

I want a lot of dislocation in the locations to sell to customers other than France and Canada.

Those datacenters are still new so once the servers get older will be listed on soyoustart.

• FireVPSFireVPS Member, Patron Provider

Of course I meant more than 16 IPs. This really is a problem.

Thanks.

@Dextronox said:

@fxf said:

@reseller2host said:

I believe he means if you go over the 16 free IP limit.

• @fxf said:
    Thanks for making this thread, first of all.

Erm, I noticed that SoYouStart has increased prices of all servers by $6-8/mo, can you plainly undo that? As far as I can tell there was no explanation of the price increase, and certainly while none is owed, it would be appreciated.

My own use cases, mostly storage related, are pretty well covered by the offers, just not at the current price rate. I'm currently planning to cancel the server I've had for over a year after I move my data off of it.

Anyway... for new offers, higher storage capabilities in the Essential line (OP-, E3-, or SYS- lines) would be great. And paying with cryptocurrencies would also be great. I've appreciated the move SYS seems to have made to indefinitely suspend setup fees.

We explained the price increase to our existing customers by email before doing it.
    SyS was +2euros
    To sum-up, we always need to invest in our network, especially against DDoS.
    Since we include the price of network traffic in our servers prices.. we updated it.
    We wrote a full article here : https://www.ovh.co.uk/news/articles/a2536.anti-ddos-protection-why-ovh-must-keep-investing

About your requests, thx. if you can define "high storage" it could be nice.
    And what about additionnal disks in option ? you prefer all inclusive offers ?

• @ehab said:
    hmmm, will OVH have xmas discounts?

Yes for SyS at least. On the full essential range. stay tuned next week.
    And no, it will not be permanent discount, but i heard you about this subject.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @wokenwoll said:

santa clause is on his way duoda dodaa santa..