Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any recommendation for Colo in UK
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any recommendation for Colo in UK

winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

Hi,

It'd be my pleasure if you can share any location in London, UK for colocation (or nearby location if possible -Maidenhead, etc.).

Any positives or negatives along side the network that might be critical to know? (preferrable the one with direct connect to LINX).

The other requirement would be: they will need to advertise our IP. The budget would around US$ 60 - 150/mo, with less than 10TB (5TB possible) of traffics on 1GB port and 1A power.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• https://www.clouvider.co.uk/
    seems to be a very reputable here :)

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • Clouvider & Zare can do this within your budget. Zare is in Bristol or London, I can't remember Clouvider off the top of my head.

Thanked by 2Clouvider Zare
  • winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep

@gtwrk, Thanks but have to skip him for now.

@6ixth, Thanks for mentioning Zare, any experiences would be appreciated rendering to their services?

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited December 2017

@winnervps said:
    @gtwrk, Thanks but have to skip him for now.

@6ixth, Thanks for mentioning Zare, any experiences would be appreciated rendering to their services?

It's primarily a two man operation with I think 1 extra guy but he doesn't really answer tickets. They are really nice and really quick at answering tickets but generally they don't do colocation so I believe your median price will be 70 GBP a month (that was what they last quoted me). I'd definetely recommend them just due to the fact that they don't hide behind the company if you get what I mean, they genuinely try to help if you require it. @Zare

• You could probably reach out to RedStation which is an IOMart brand and has Maidenhead as a location. Zare would be London and Bristol.

Psychz recently opened London but I believe only allow for full racks currently but may be an option in the future.

• NorthHosts.

• @WSS said:
    NorthHosts.

He might want his stuff back?

• @lurch said:

@WSS said:
    NorthHosts.

He might want his stuff back?

I'm dead LOL, even funnier the fact I lost 2 SFP transceivers to them worth $150 or so.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Would definitely recommended @Clouvider, any reason not?

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@Clouvider has been really great!

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep

Thanks for recommending us guys! We are happy to colo your server in London or Bristol. Someone from our team will be emailing you shortly with a quote.

PS. We have 5 staff :)

• @Zare said:
    Thanks for recommending us guys! We are happy to colo your server in London or Bristol. Someone from our team will be emailing you shortly with a quote.

I live in Sweden, so in no way, shape or form am I a customer of colocation at Zare, or probably will ever be. But out of curiosity - what kind of prices does a normal 1U cost with you guys? Power, network and an IPv4 included.

• @emgh said:

@Zare said:

I live in Sweden, so in no way, shape or form am I a customer of colocation at Zare, or probably will ever be. But out of curiosity - what kind of prices does a normal 1U cost with you guys? Power, network and an IPv4 included.

You should probably give an idea of the power you require, the bandwidth you require and port speed you require too.

• @IThinkUFailed said:

@emgh said:

@Zare said:

You should probably give an idea of the power you require, the bandwidth you require and port speed you require too.

In Sweden most colocation providers has a default package that does all the basic. Usually unlimited power, to a resonable limit. Network speed can wary from 100 to 1gbit. But a hundred is surely enough. For the bandwidth, let's just say a TB? I'm just interested in price differences between UK and Sweden, mainly.

• JSCLJSCL Member, Host Rep

If you fancy a stretch outside of London and something a little different, we offer colocation in the Isle of Man :)

• 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited December 2017

@emgh said:

@IThinkUFailed said:

@emgh said:

@Zare said:

In Sweden most colocation providers has a default package that does all the basic. Usually unlimited power, to a resonable limit. Network speed can wary from 100 to 1gbit. But a hundred is surely enough. For the bandwidth, let's just say a TB? I'm just interested in price differences between UK and Sweden, mainly.

My last quote was this, probably the same now.

• London
    • 1U Rack space with 1A power - £75 ex VAT.
    • 10TB Bandwidth included, additional transfer at £5/TB per month
    • 100Gbps DDoS protection

• Bristol

• 3U Rack space - £50 (I'm guessing this would be 16.66 GBP for 1U).
    • 1A power - £30 (£30/A)
    • 10TB Bandwidth included, additional transfer at £5/TB per month
    • 100Gbps DDoS protection
  • @JSCL said:
    If you fancy a stretch outside of London and something a little different, we offer colocation in the Isle of Man :)

Your bandwidth prices are literally insane. 5TB on a 100Mbps port is 210 GBP a month?

• @6ixth said:

@JSCL said:

Your bandwidth prices are literally insane. 5TB on a 100Mbps port is 210 GBP a month?

Do you know where the Isle of Man is?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • ZareZare Member, Host Rep

General pricing

Bristol - 1U, 0.5AMP, 10TB - £40.00 ex VAT

London Docklands - 1U, 0.5AMP, 10TB - £60.00 ex VAT

Thanked by 1emgh
  • 6ixth6ixth Member
    edited December 2017

@Zare said:
    General pricing

Bristol - 1U, 0.5AMP, 10TB - £40.00 ex VAT

London Docklands - 1U, 0.5AMP, 10TB - £60.00 ex VAT

How much per A in both locations? (Considering moving a server from NL to your Bristol location but I use around 1A).

• winnervpswinnervps Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

Hi folks,
    Thanks for mentioning many names here. I was doing a research on the network, and probably would come up to two names (from here and others)

• I can definitely recommend Zare for colocation. We colocate in both of their locations.

Thanked by 1Zare