Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best network in EU 2018 (OVH, Hetzner, Online.net, LeaseWeb) - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best network in EU 2018 (OVH, Hetzner, Online.net, LeaseWeb)

2»

Comments

• LeeLee Veteran

lion said: Damn just realized that @Hetzner_OL gets paid for (shit)posting on LET.

Hetzner only replies to comments about themselves when someone else does, hardly shitposting. Online.net do the same occasionally.

Actually quite refreshing to see bigger companies caring enough to post on a shit hole like this.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • @Clouvider said:

@dfroe said:
    I wonder why @Clouvider wasn't thrown into this round yet. :)

It was/is to expensive for me to maintain a VPS directly with them but after the last BF-deals I could grab two affordable VPS from InceptionHosting (@AnthonySmith) and VMHaus (@vmhaus), both located in Clouvider's DCs.

From my experience the network connectivity is really great. It is by far not the cheapest you'll find (thus still affordable) but you definitely get a feeling about where your money is invested. :) They have a good mix of upstreams. Usually I always find certain connections where bandwidth is limited somewhere, may it be a temporary congestion within the DC, the uplink to a certain upstream provider or a peering to client's ISP. For example Hetzner can be very difficult for clients in Germany due to known reasons. With my Clouvider machines I am actually still searching for a real network bottleneck. :) I'm very satisfied so far and from what one might read here on LET I might not be the only one. :)

Thanks for the mention and very positive feedback!

When you find one, let us know, we’ll be more than happy to fix where possible :-)!

D

I can also throw my opinion on @clouvider network here, again I'm not personally with him as a direct customer, however, I am with @vmhaus and the network is genuinely rock solid, great pings and some of the best connectivity on LET, Price is also one of the highest but its worth every extra penny

Thanked by 1vmhaus
  • @lion said:
    Damn just realized that @Hetzner_OL gets paid for (shit)posting on LET.

Who wants to hire me?

Nobody. That's why you're here.

• lionlion Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:

@lion said:

Who wants to hire me?

Is it some kind of inception when i'm posting this from my workplace?

• @lion said:

@WSS said:

@lion said:

Who wants to hire me?

How long have you worked there, Neo?

• lionlion Member
    edited December 2017

@WSS said:

@lion said:

@WSS said:

@lion said:

Who wants to hire me?

I'd rather not answer that

• @lion said:

@WSS said:

@lion said:

@WSS said:

@lion said:

Who wants to hire me?

I'd rather not answer that

Thanked by 2lion uptime
  • +1 for Clouvider's network. Best I have seen till date.

• kalimov622kalimov622 Member
    edited November 2018

I know this thread is quite old but its been pretty popular, however is anyone kind enough to make a similar poll for the Best network in US 2018 though? I would like to get some more opinions about top affordable providers in the US with a similar network of the EU companies that have been mentioned in here.

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

kalimov622 said: is anyone kind enough to make a similar poll for the Best network in US 2018 though? I would like to get some more opinions about top affordable providers in the US

Be the thread you want to see in the world

• Let a new @WSS to vote again :smiley:

• edited November 2018

@Rhys said:

@wa44io4 said:
    Check out NFOrce.Com , WorldStream.Com and M247.RO too ...
    there's many more good providers in Europe but these providers have rock solid services ...

m247 and rock solid should never be in the same sentence.

Their network quality varies by location. I've had times where their network has been subpar, but mostly it's good. Once there was an issue where the ping was high, and within 3 days it was fixed.

However, M247 is definitely reliable and I'd consider them rock solid.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@PrivacyInfinity Unrelated to the provider, but 5 minute checks should never be used to check if a network is rock solid lol.

Thanked by 2desperand kalimov622
  • edited November 2018

@MikeA said:
    @PrivacyInfinity Unrelated to the provider, but 5 minute checks should never be used to check if a network is rock solid lol.

It's an uptime monitor for a M247 server. I've never noticed downtime with them or packet loss.

If you know of a cheap uptime monitor, let me know and I'll see if it's better than my current one.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@PrivacyInfinity said:

@MikeA said:

It's an uptime monitor for a M247 server. I've never noticed downtime with them or packet loss.

If you know of a cheap uptime monitor, let me know and I'll see if it's better than my current one.

Nixstats, HetrixTools, etc. Run your own monitoring. Even the open source PHP monitors work wonders, I run 15 and 30 second checks with them via cron on multiple networks.