Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Request] Five Dedicated 12-Cores / 24 threads Intel servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Request] Five Dedicated 12-Cores / 24 threads Intel servers

antonpaantonpa Member, Patron Provider
edited December 2017 in Requests

Hello,

I need 5 dedicated 12 cores (24 threads) servers, with 64GB RAM, 1Tb HDD and 1Gbit shared channel (ab 30TB per server), for example X5650 server.

Also we need BGP anounce /24 our network for them.

Waiting for best prices.

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Location? Can I assume that 16 or 20 cores are also acceptable?

• antonpaantonpa Member, Patron Provider

Location - any, 16 and 20 acceptable, but need low price

• @antonpa said:

What do you call a low price?

30TB + 12 or more cores, probably will cost in the vicinity of $250/m per server

• 30TB is a 100mbit line dedicated to you at least (or 100mbit on a gigabit pipe). That'll run you about 50 usd for traffic alone.

Server will consume about 300w of power, or just over 200kwh per month. At 15c/kwh that's 30 usd for power.

Then there's hardware cost, support cost (higher due to bgp), cooling cost, space cost. I dont see anyone offering this under 150 usd ever, and if anyone offers it at 200usd you should probably jump on it asap as you won't see it much cheaper.

The 250 usd quoted by @randvegeta seems very reasonable, especially considering the heaps of ram you need.

Thanked by 2randvegeta Clouvider
  • hostfavhostfav Member, Host Rep
    edited December 2017

We can provide you following server in our NY Datacenter. 3 in Stock.

2 x 8 Cores Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2450L @ 1.80GHz (2 Sockets) Total 32 Cores
    64GB RAM
    2 x 1TB SATA
    30 TB @ 100 Mbps
    BGP announce/24
    $199/mo

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

What are you planning to use the servers for?

@FoxelVox said:

@antonpa said:

What do you call a low price?

I need 80-90 USD for server

@qps said:
    What are you planning to use the servers for?

Servers for VPSs

@randvegeta said:
    30TB + 12 or more cores, probably will cost in the vicinity of $250/m per server

I have same servers in Russia for 80 USD per server with unlimited bandwidth, but have problem - they are ended and will appear in January again, but I need this 5 servers immediatly

We have 2xX5650 / 64 / 1000

teamacc said: or just over 200kwh per month.

Normally double that to account for cooling.

teamacc said: That'll run you about 50 usd for traffic alone.

I think that kind of pricing is only realistic with a 1G+ commit on HE.net. In Europe at least, most up-streams cost more like US$1 /Mbit or more. Even Cogent cost more than $0.50 /Mbit. More if you consider the local loop costs.

I think $250 /month is cheap for such a request, but not unreasonably so. It would be a sustainable price.

OP is asking about 5 x servers, I think we can do the following in Lithuania.

Dual E5-2650v2 (16 Cores / 32 Threads)
    64GB RAM
    1TB HDD

x 5 Servers

500Mbit Dedicated Bandwidth, shared between all 5 servers.

Total Monthly Fee: EUR 1,125 / US$1,325 (approx $265 / server)

One Time BGP Setup Fee: EUR 85 / US$100

antonpa said: I need 80-90 USD for server

That's not going to happen. That barely covers the bandwidth cost. Power costs will run any EU or Asia provider US$60 /month alone.

I don't think Russian prices are that low, but even if they were half, that's still $30 /month just from power.

• bacloudbacloud Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

2 x 2620v4 ( 16 cores/32threads ),64GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDD, 1 Gbps @ 50TB - $200/server and I will include free IP's announcing if you order 5 servers.

Thanked by 1yrcy0418

@bacloud said:
    2 x 2620v4 ( 20 cores/40threads ),64GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDD, 1 Gbps @ 50TB - $200/server and I will include free IP's announcing if you order 5 servers.

Good deal! But isn't the 2620v4 8 cores?

edited December 2017

@randvegeta said:

@bacloud said:
    2 x 2620v4 ( 20 cores/40threads ),64GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDD, 1 Gbps @ 50TB - $200/server and I will include free IP's announcing if you order 5 servers.

Omg, you are right. I was thinking about 2630v4 :) Thanks!

Thanked by 1randvegeta

@bacloud said:

@randvegeta said:

@bacloud said:

Omg, you are right. I was thinking about 2630v4 :) Thanks!

I just bought a bunch of the 2620v4. Was actually surprised it had 8 cores since the 2620v1, v2 and v3 were all 6 core. The extra 2 cores is a nice addition on this budget CPU. Especially at only 85w TDP. I haven't bench marked them yet, but I'm hoping it will perform better than a 2670v2.

@bacloud said:
    2 x 2620v4 ( 16 cores/32threads ),64GB RAM, 2x 1TB HDD, 1 Gbps @ 50TB - $200/server and I will include free IP's announcing if you order 5 servers.

Its not lowend solution - you talk about regular price - for this price I have couple of offers, and as I say in Russia I have much more better price. And already have some offers with price lower 100 USD per server.

• Maybe the price difference is somehow related to the exchange rate?

antonpa said: Its not lowend solution - you talk about regular price - for this price I have couple of offers, and as I say in Russia I have much more better price. And already have some offers with price lower 100 USD per server.

Actually it is pretty low end price given the spec. Don't be rude just because you're cheap. If you can get it at a better price, then get it at that better price.

Both @bacloud and I have already gone into some detail as to why your pricing is unrealistic or unsustainable. At least that is the case for most providers where we have power costs in the range of $0.10 - $0.20 per kwh and bandwidth at $0.50 - $1 /mbit.

Ignoring the physical server itself, for most providers, the cost of bandwidth will be from $50 - $100 per server, and power from $20 - $60 /month. Not including the hardware, space, labour or infrastructure, the minimum running costs look to be $70 - $160 for most hosts.

You factor in the cost of the server, which will typically run from around US$1,000 or more, labour costs, physical space costs, infrastructure cost and whatever other overheads a host has, and $200 /server looks positively cheap.

So don't be a dick because you are too cheap to pay a proper price. If you can get it for $80, go get it for $80.

• randvegeta said:

https://www.hetzner.com/epyc-server

AMD EPYC 7401P 24-Core (48 threads), 128GB ram, 2x 960GB data center NVMe SSD, 50TB traffic, 169 euro/m + 169 euro setup fee. This machine will beat the pants off a 2x5650 or anything of the sort.

edited December 2017

@antonpa said:

@bacloud said:

Its not lowend solution - you talk about regular price - for this price I have couple of offers, and as I say in Russia I have much more better price. And already have some offers with price lower 100 USD per server.

x5650 launched at 2010, used for 6 - 7 years. Those servers already earned their own price and made profit to provider. So they can provide them cheap as bargain servers

2620v4 launched at 2016, My offer was servers for brand new, never used servers. Those servers simply can't be cheap. They have never earned any single eur/dollar to us.

Thanked by 2Clouvider WSS
  • zevuszevus Member
    edited December 2017

@antonpa said:
    Hello,

I need 5 dedicated 12 cores (24 threads) servers, with 64GB RAM, 1Tb HDD and 1Gbit shared channel (ab 30TB per server), for example X5650 server.

Also we need BGP anounce /24 our network for them.

Waiting for best prices.

nm, the ipv4 would be an issue (for this dacentec server, plus it's 95th percentile)

but "12 cores (24 threads) ", this is such a wide range. this could include some ancient half decade+ old xeons