Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Black Friday in September! Grab a 150GB HDD, Unmetered VPS for only $5/mo in Texas or New York!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

It's Black Friday in September! Grab a 150GB HDD, Unmetered VPS for only $5/mo in Texas or New York!

jnguyenjnguyen Member
edited September 2013 in Offers

You're just in time for GreenValueHost's "September Black Friday" VPS Blowout Sales Event! From now until September 31st, the following plan will be available for purchase in Buffalo, New York, USA (ColoCrossing DC) or Dallas, Texas, USA (TierPoint DC)

Features:

• OpenVZ Virtualization
  • SSD Cached Disk Space (RAID 1 or RAID 10)
  • SolusVM VPS Control Panel
  • Premium Bandwidth
  • Choice of New York or Texas location
  • INSTANT Activation
  • 45 Day Money Back Guarantee

• 150GB SSD Cached RAID Storage

• Unmetered Bandwidth (100mbps)
  • 2048MB Guaranteed RAM
  • 2560MB Burstable RAM
  • 1 IPv4 Address (Additional IPs available @ $1.5/m per IP - Bulk IPs available @ $1/m per IP)
  • Price: $5.00 Monthly

Order Link (Buffalo, New York) - https://secure.greenvaluehost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=152

Order Link (Dallas, Texas) - https://secure.greenvaluehost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=153

Questions? Please feel free to contact us by replying to this thread or by submitting a ticket to our sales department.

Comments

• CoudioCoudio Member
    edited September 2013

Private seedbox allowed?
    EDIT: Also can you provide test files?

• @Coudio said:
    Private seedbox allowed?

Yes, that is allowed.

• Allow seedbox?

• @MorningIris said:
    Allow seedbox?

Private seedboxes only.

@Coudiot - Please submit a ticket and we'll get these to you as soon as we can.

• c0yc0y Member
    edited September 2013

Why do you hide it being OpenVZ?

Also, why do you still use burst kernels? Burst RAM is a terrible thing as apps rely on swap availability and might claim the burst RAM. Not to mention the .32 kernels should be standardized by now.

• @Frost said:
    Why do you hide it being OpenVZ?

Also, why do you still use burst kernels? Burst RAM is a terrible thing as apps rely on swap availability and might claim the burst RAM. Not to mention the .32 kernels should be standardized by now.

It's based on provider preference. Although vSwap may provide a more true sense of available memory, burstable RAM doesn't slow things down (artificially). We manage our node efficiently so that each client will be able to use their guaranteed and burstable RAM.

We don't try to hide the fact that the virtualization is OpenVZ. OpenVZ is the only virtualization that uses Burstable RAM, so one can automatically assume that it's OpenVZ.

• c0yc0y Member
    edited September 2013

@GreenValueHost said:
    It's based on provider preference. Although vSwap may provide a more true sense of available memory, burstable RAM doesn't slow things down (artificially). We manage our node efficiently so that each client will be able to use their guaranteed and burstable RAM.

There's literally no difference in regular RAM and OpenVZ's "Burst" RAM except for the OOM acting different. If you are so sure you can guarantee the RAM then just assign it as RAM. A lot of applications, especially Java, don't work well without swap. It is in fact not slowed down in practice, it's just to make Linux swap it too.

You should have known that, but I guess it's the Solus host trend.

@GreenValueHost said:
    We don't try to hide the fact that the virtualization is OpenVZ. OpenVZ is the only virtualization that uses Burstable RAM, so one can automatically assume that it's OpenVZ.

@Chief said:
    Please be informative in your offers. Please list out basic specifications (amount of memory, storage space, monthly data/bandwidth and port speed), virtualization method (Xen, OpenVZ, KVM, etc)

• I think I'll get one of these OpenVZ from @GreenValueHost is just fine with me for $5 a month with those specs.

Can you give me a test ip for both locations and possibly a speedtest file so I can make my decision on which is better for my intended purposes ( CDN/Cloud portion ).

The sooner the better!

• What's the CPU? How many cores are available to the container?

• @GreenValueHost
    Are you sure it's instant activation? I've been waiting 15mins since the payment and still nothing.

• you said private seedbox alowed ?

ex ( bittorrent allowed ? dmca apply ?)

• Got it, quite fast support. Thank you @GreenValueHost

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited September 2013

There was a small issue that halted instant activation and it was quickly resolved.

@blackeye - If it's legal in the UNITED STATES and not prohibited against our Terms of Service, it's allowed. DMCA applies. If we catch you intentionally spreading stolen copyrighted content, your VPS will be terminated.

@VictorZhang - We use Intel Xeon E3-1240v3 Processors for our nodes.

@Dorkfiles - Please submit a ticket to our sales department in our helpdesk and we'll be more than happy to assist you with that.

• @GreenValueHost
    Dorkfiles - Please submit a ticket to our sales department in our helpdesk and we'll be more than happy to assist you with that.

Ticket #363756

• no INSTANT Activation, please check invoice #1322, thanks....

• Ordered and received instant activation! Thank you @GreenValueHost

• Is it possible to have custom packages?

• any test ip? benchmarks?

• wow @greenvaluehost do you allow seedbox at your vps ?
    i was thinking you're disallow it
    i will get one, but anymore offer with higher storage ?

• Lol how many times has that question been asked!

• Found typo; 2024MB -> 2048MB

• Anyone have a box in NY that I could ping/trace from here on LET? I want to order one from NY but the support has yet to reply.

• cpu core ?
    can you added skrill

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@GreenValueHost Can I use 100% of the disk?

Also, shoutcast allowed?

• KupolKupol Member
    edited September 2013

@Dorkfiles
    I have NY one. Here is the IP. 192.227.129.114. Here is a test file. http://192.227.129.114/100MB.bin

• Thank you so much! Just ordered one.

The resource usage policy scared me. No thanks

• @Kupol Your i.p is blacklisted.

• KupolKupol Member
    edited September 2013

@Morninglris

By who? I haven't checked that, thanks for information.