Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kloud.xyz
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kloud.xyz

Hello friends,

Need your opinion on this.
I have this domain https://kloud.xyz
Do you think it can be used for production and can grow to a brand name in the future?

Comments

• armandorgarmandorg Member, Host Rep

Honestly.xyz is one of the most unprofessional domains in my opionion and if you're looking to have a serious brand, you should have a serious domain.

However, any domain can grow into a brand name.

• For a hosting company? Nope. Probably a Vape shop or something LOL.

• doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited December 2017

(Ripped from his awful ‘coming soon’ page.)

• @6ixth said:
    Probably a Vape shop or something LOL.

A Perl script-driven add-yourself top10 list! With traffic brokering!

• Id rather have a catchy .xyz domain name than a long arse .com domain if it was a new business.

• @seaeagle said:
    Id rather have a catchy .xyz domain name than a long arse .com domain if it was a new business.

Much like everyone knows to go to mxroute.io for SMTP and mxroute.com for hosted IMAP?

• @seaeagle said:
    Id rather have a catchy .xyz domain name than a long arse .com domain if it was a new business.

Seriously? Let's say you can't get .com. How about a .net? Or if you are really grasping for straws why not at least pick something pronouncable like top, win, dog, one, uno, cat, red. Hell even .wtf easily beats a .xyz.

• EXamine

Your

Zipfiles

• dont mind the domain. as long its reliable and reputable hosting. im ok. just dont use hosting with .gov even they offer for free.

• alphabet being on xyz makes it legitimate enough.
    i have about 25 .com and .com.tlcc domains (some running actual businesses and some running hobby/personal projects) and a dozen others including .net, .info (worst ime), .rocks (not sure why), .co and .xyz. if the new tld has enough volume of users it is likely to still be available for renewal at decent prices unlike some of the new domains and .xyz appears to fit that bill.

• @seaeagle said:
    alphabet being on xyz makes it legitimate enough.
    i have about 25 .com and .com.tlcc domains (some running actual businesses and some running hobby/personal projects) and a dozen others including .net, .info (worst ime), .rocks (not sure why), .co and .xyz. if the new tld has enough volume of users it is likely to still be available for renewal at decent prices unlike some of the new domains and .xyz appears to fit that bill.

soup.xyz thats the only good domain in that extension. Also you would be suprised how many syllables the y alone has in certain languages. Anyone having to pronounce your domain more than once will hate you.

• @surihost said:
    Hello friends,

Need your opinion on this.
    I have this domain https://kloud.xyz
    Do you think it can be used for production and can grow to a brand name in the future?

I think the .xyz is survivable but spelling cloud with a k isn't.

• @mksh said:
    soup.xyz thats the only good domain in that extension.

$7?

Also you would be suprised how many syllables the y alone has in certain languages. Anyone having to pronounce your domain more than once will hate you.

Funny. The things you dont know you dont know.

• @seaeagle said:
    alphabet being on xyz makes it legitimate enough.

The average joe has just learnt what Google is, let alone that alphabet is the new parent company. I think for anyone IT related that has improved the perception of .xyz's.

@armandorg said:
    Honestly.xyz is one of the most unprofessional domains in my opionion and if you're looking to have a serious brand, you should have a serious domain.

However, any domain can grow into a brand name.

Tell that to Google ;)

@seaeagle said:

+1.

• You'd be better off with a dot com. There's plenty of good names available. If you're starting a business buying a domain from a broker would be an option as well.

Trust me, if you're serious about it, spending a couple of hundreds on a good domain will pay off in the future.