Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for: dedicated (root) server w/ GPU.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for: dedicated (root) server w/ GPU.

JaySNLJaySNL Member
edited December 2017 in Requests

As the title says, i'm looking for a dedicated (root) server to setup a videostream (see: ).
GPU is a hard need because of encoding, NVENC preset. It's to follow the current Volcano activity 24/7 in Bali, and maybe for future setups as well. No profits, all donations or out of own pocket.

Req: 4c/8t (i7, Xeon, doesn't matter)
Ram: 16gb
GPU: anything that beats an Intel HD solution. GTX 550ti and up, you name it.
Network: Atleast 100/100 metered (30TB or so) or unmetered.
Storage: Anything, 1TB and up if more than enough.

Budget: 50-80 a month.

Thanks for the replies!

Thanked by 2dgprasetya ariq01

Comments

• i'm impressed, someone actually has a legitimate use case for one that isn't donation begging while streaming pirated content or shitcoin mining

:)

Thanked by 1jar
  • Jay Mohr was on SNL? I gave up watching by then.

The GPU really kills this since you can't handle HD3000 (lawl), I can't think of anything - Hetzner's offer is 100 Euro/mo, so..

@hzr said:
    i'm impressed, someone actually has a legitimate use case for one that isn't donation begging while streaming pirated content or shitcoin mining

Yeah, I looked it up, too.

• @hzr said:
    i'm impressed, someone actually has a legitimate use case for one that isn't donation begging while streaming pirated content or shitcoin mining

Is it usually that bad? We're just trying to keep a lot of people interested and up-to-date as to what happens on the other side of the planet, hell, we're actually learning some stuff while we're watching, which is interesting.

@WSS said:
    Jay Mohr was on SNL? I gave up watching by then.

The GPU really kills this since you can't handle HD3000 (lawl), I can't think of anything - Hetzner's offer is 100 Euro/mo, so..

@hzr said:

Yeah, I looked it up, too.

My nickname is a combo of name + initials + country.. And I know Hetzner has one, the €99 a month isn't necessarily the issue, it's the +99 setup fee, excl. VAT you pay as well.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited December 2017

JaySNL said: Is it usually that bad? We're just trying to keep a lot of people interested and up-to-date as to what happens on the other side of the planet, hell, we're actually learning some stuff while we're watching, which is interesting.

The usual use case for these is breaking the gpu by mining shitcoin then chargebacking, or using it to run a youtube stream of stolen/pirated content while layering the description and screen in donation begging (and if not enough donations, chargeback the entire duration), or other various forms of ToS violations and abuse (such as botting in runescape, then chargebacking after the provider's entire IP space is blacklisted/banned)

I have a lot of legit need for a ton of GPUs (machine learning/tensorflow) so these idiots make my life a lot harder.

Thanked by 2WSS chrisp
  • Ikoula has GT710s for cheap. No setup.

Thanked by 3WSS uptime Ikoula
  • @JaySNL said:
    My nickname is a combo of name + initials + country.. And I know Hetzner has one, the €99 a month isn't necessarily the issue, it's the +99 setup fee, excl. VAT you pay as well.

They had some no-setup deals over the celebration of capitalism, but I don't recall if they had a GPU-enabled system for that. @Hetzner_OL - got anything for a good cause?

• They did yeah, I just transferred off my GPU a few days ago @wss

• @dediserve has GTX1070 that's a little above your price range monthly, but no setup.

• @hzr said:
    Ikoula has GT710s for cheap. No setup.

Didn't know they were around, good price, but checked specs, it's slightly better than HD4000 apparently...

• JaySNL said: Didn't know they were around, good price, but checked specs, it's slightly better than HD4000 apparently...

what are you even running out of curiosity? does intel qsv not work for this case?

• JaySNLJaySNL Member
    edited December 2017

@hzr said:

JaySNL said: Didn't know they were around, good price, but checked specs, it's slightly better than HD4000 apparently...

what are you even running out of curiosity? does intel qsv not work for this case?

OBS, 3-4 video feeds + window captures + audio notification apps. It gets the job done, but hardly keeps 30fps - only when preview is off. Video feed is stil choppy when watching back live, not fluent enough to my taste though.

WSS said: They had some no-setup deals over the celebration of capitalism, but I don't recall if they had a GPU-enabled system for that. @Hetzner_OL - got anything for a good cause?

@WSS said:

@JaySNL said:

They had some no-setup deals over the celebration of capitalism, but I don't recall if they had a GPU-enabled system for that. @Hetzner_OL - got anything for a good cause?

I'm already a customer with Hetzner, i really do value them, the 99 + 99 tag is just a bit out of my league to be able to do this for i dont know how long..

• exception0x876exception0x876 Member, Host Rep, LIR

The following deal is for OP only :)
    Intel Core2Quad Q9550, 8GB RAM, 500GB HDD, nVidia GTX1060, 100Mbps connection, $70/mo

If you are interested, send an email to [email protected] and mention that you are OP of this thread.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider
    edited December 2017

https://express.ikoula.com/fr/serveur-dedie

they have dedi's starting at €29.99 with a GT710 in them.

edit: sorry I see it has been mentioned.

Thanked by 2uptime Ikoula
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    edit: sorry I see it has been mentioned.

That new logo's getting to you, I see.

WSS said: That new logo's getting to you, I see.

If I give you the same budget do you think you can get a better one made that will fit the current site?

• @AnthonySmith said:

WSS said: That new logo's getting to you, I see.

If I give you the same budget do you think you can get a better one made that will fit the current site?

Considering I suck at ripping offcopying things that exist after 2003, probably not.

WSS said: Considering I suck at ripping offcopying things that exist after 2003, probably not.

well then, you will just have to learn to live with it, I cant do any better, and actually, tbh, I like it!

• Chemtrails did it.

• @hzr said:

JaySNL said: Is it usually that bad? We're just trying to keep a lot of people interested and up-to-date as to what happens on the other side of the planet, hell, we're actually learning some stuff while we're watching, which is interesting.

The usual use case for these is breaking the gpu by mining shitcoin then chargebacking, or using it to run a youtube stream of stolen/pirated content while layering the description and screen in donation begging (and if not enough donations, chargeback the entire duration), or other various forms of ToS violations and abuse (such as botting in runescape, then chargebacking after the provider's entire IP space is blacklisted/banned)

I have a lot of legit need for a ton of GPUs (machine learning/tensorflow) so these idiots make my life a lot harder.

U dont need GPU for runescape botting.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Member, Top Host

You can send sponsorship requests to [email protected]. Please note, though, that we tend to support charities that are associated with education, the environment, and humanitarian needs. --Katie, Marketing

Thanked by 2jetchirag MikePT
  • IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

Hello,

I'd like to study your project, would you mind fill the form here please ?

https://www.ikoula.com/en/ikoula-supports-your-projects

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • FlamesRunnerFlamesRunner Member
    edited December 2017

The GT 710 is, as I mentioned before, utter trash.

YouTube drops frames, let alone transcoding, etc.

NVIDIA really screwed up with that one.

• IkoulaIkoula Member, Host Rep

That seemed pretty clear to me and GT710 is not the only GC we can provide.

If i asked details to OP it's because, among other things, i'd like to know what he exactly needs.

• Take a look at paperspace.com. Might not fit your specifications but could be useful.

• serverofferserveroffer Member, Patron Provider

Dedicated servers with GPU add-ons and on-board GPU from €19. If you need more specific model, please ask our live support. We can do custom configuration.

Thanked by 1willie
  • KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

In my experience NVENC and Quick Sync are roughly the same quality with a high enough bit rate. I would recommend looking for a server with a newer i7 in it which should be easier to find and cheaper than a GPU.

Also since you're using OBS, is there any reason you don't go x264 for better quality at lower bit rates?

• serveroffer said: Dedicated servers with GPU add-ons and on-board GPU from €19.

I see some nice server deals there (especially with annual prices) but no interesting GPU's. Built-in HD Graphics don't count ;)

• serverofferserveroffer Member, Patron Provider

@willie said:
    I see some nice server deals there (especially with annual prices) but no interesting GPU's. Built-in HD Graphics don't count ;)

GTX660 no good ?