Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPS provider with the best IP reputation - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPS provider with the best IP reputation

2»

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

hexuk said: How is that allowed at all? Surely thats not exactly legal?

It's totally legal, it's their service and they don't force anyone to use it. Their users are often not intelligent enough to recognize that their email provider is the issue, they blame everyone else. As a result, hosting providers often feel obligated to accept responsibility for something they can't control.

Thanked by 1hexuk
  • @hexuk said:

@jarland said:

hexuk said: Ok so would using a relay like yours improve deliverability chances to inbox with Microsoft emails ?

If it did, it would be a stroke of luck by causing just the right amount of good values to overrule the bad values, which could be offset again by as little as a sneeze. I'd highly doubt that it would help.

But we don't have any bad IP reputation and don't send any spam at all and go to inbox everywhere else so surely having a relay to a service like yourselves would do something?

What he is saying is it might do something but probably not enough. Microsoft (and a couple other companies) are extremly picky in what mail they accept. I had 10/10 too and would not even reach junk folder. Maybe your domain contains the letter 'a'? Maybe 2 persons clicked 'this is spam' 10 years ago. Thing is unless your mail is outright rejected you don't know why they don't like it and changing random things (like mailsever IPs) might not be enough to outweight their unknown other reasons.

@hexuk said:
    How is that allowed at all? Surely thats not exactly legal?

Depends on juristication. In the US it's fine afaik. IIRC it's a different matter in places like germany but you are dealing with an US company so...

Thanked by 1hexuk
  • @mksh said:

@hexuk said:

@jarland said:

hexuk said: Ok so would using a relay like yours improve deliverability chances to inbox with Microsoft emails ?

If it did, it would be a stroke of luck by causing just the right amount of good values to overrule the bad values, which could be offset again by as little as a sneeze. I'd highly doubt that it would help.

But we don't have any bad IP reputation and don't send any spam at all and go to inbox everywhere else so surely having a relay to a service like yourselves would do something?

What he is saying is it might do something but probably not enough. Microsoft (and a couple other companies) are extremly picky in what mail they accept. I had 10/10 too and would not even reach junk folder. Maybe your domain contains the letter 'a'? Maybe 2 persons clicked 'this is spam' 10 years ago. Thing is unless your mail is outright rejected you don't know why they don't like it and changing random things (like mailsever IPs) might not be enough to outweight their unknown other reasons.

@hexuk said:
    How is that allowed at all? Surely thats not exactly legal?

Depends on juristication. In the US it's fine afaik. IIRC it's a different matter in places like germany but you are dealing with an US company so...

Crazy how they can do that! Think I may proceed with MailChannels. Thanks for all your help guys, great community!

hexuk said: Think I may proceed with MailChannels

You can't buy better quality delivery, it's a good choice. There's a reason I'm about to increase my spending with them to $500/m.

• @jarland said:

You can't buy better quality delivery, it's a good choice. There's a reason I'm about to increase my spending with them to $500/m.

You could shave that in half by discontinuing the TSphotos mailman service..

Thanked by 1jar
  • @jarland said:

I guess if it doesn't work then I know there is a fundamental problem!

• mailcheapmailcheap Member, Host Rep

@hexuk said:

@mailcheap said:
    A single VPS is not sufficient to achieve high deliverability; you'll need to use multiple subnets and multiple providers, rotating IPs and resending any hard rejects.

Postal looks interesting though; the project describes it as an MTA but I'm not sure if that's a custom MTA or if they use a more traditional underlying MTA like Postfix (which is necessary for the above reasons and scalability).

Regards,

Pavin.

Hi Pavin, are you thinking of ever doing shared SMTP relays? Would be really interested if you are.

Its a huge undertaking because to maintain QoS in a shared relay is quite hard (& expensive if we have to employ the new machine learning filters). Hopefully sometime next year, once everything else is automated.

Pavin.

• deankdeank Member, Troll

If enough people mark your mail as spam, it start to go into spam folder. There isn't anything you can do.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • After switching to MailChannels emails are now going to inbox. Happy days!

@hexuk said:
    After switching to MailChannels emails are now going to inbox. Happy days!

"Pray we do not harm you further." - Someone at Microsoft, in a cubicle, I'm sure

:P

• YuraYura Member
    edited December 2017

@jarland said:

@hexuk said:

"Pay, we do not harm you further." - Someone at Microsoft, in a cubicle, I'm sure

Fixed.

• @jarland said:

@hexuk said:

"Pray we do not harm you further." - Someone at Microsoft, in a cubicle, I'm sure

:P

Hope not lol! ;)