Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpenVPN Access Server on Kimsufi? Which kernel is used
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpenVPN Access Server on Kimsufi? Which kernel is used

I try to install openvpn-as on kimsufi 2GB, it not work (can not start service).

It seen 'OVH custom kernel' not support tun/vpn. I dont want to intall new kernel. In OVH Manager > Netboot have some kernel such as: 2.6.31, 3.10.9...

Which kernel is used to run openvpn-as?

My kernel is: Linux 3.2.13-grsec-xxxx-grs-ipv6-64 #1 SMP Thu Mar 29 09:48:59 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Comments

• GunterGunter Member
    edited September 2013

You can actually install the official kernel without issue from the installation panel, just saying.

• correct me if im wrong but i think i remember reading from ovh that tun/tap is disabled for the new cheap dedi

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2013

I dont want to intall new kernel.

Just don't be lazy and switch to your distro's kernel, it's very easy too.
    http://s.lowendshare.com/8/1378445927.474.2013-09-06T053825Z-ovh-kernel.png

@cosmicgate said: tun/tap is disabled for the new cheap dedi

I'm sending you an invoice, you just broke my retardometer. :(

• edited September 2013

@rm_: I install ovh's kernel (install ubuntu 12.04 from mangaer) and boot from hd. But it can not run openvpn-as. I hear that i must change OVH kernel to stock kernel.

But i don't want to install kernel, Is there any ovh kernel can run openvpn-as?

• @sieuvocmaytinh said:
    rm_: I install ovh's kernel (install ubuntu 12.04 from mangaer) and boot from hd. But it can not run openvpn-as. I hear that i must change OVH kernel to stock kernel.

But i don't want to install kernel, Is there any ovh kernel can run openvpn-as?

No, and believe me I've tried.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@rm_ said:
    I'm sending you an invoice, you just broke my retardometer. :(

Lol :)