Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

netcup RS 1000 Plus (advent calendar) - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

netcup RS 1000 Plus (advent calendar)

Comments

• No restock... I hope the christmas offer beats the shit out of my wallet.

• nfnnfn Veteran

Would like to get a "RS1000 Plus SAS" .. fingers crossed :)

Thanked by 3pike Ympker WSS
  • pikepike Veteran
    edited December 2017

@nfn said:
    Would like to get a "RS1000 Plus SAS" .. fingers crossed :)

Only if they kick out those Miners. I dont want to share my server with this kind...

Their offer for today is webhosting.................................. I will go to bed now

• @titanicsaled said:
    I bought one of these to try out some monero mining.

Oh well, that removed any temptation I had for this special.

Thank you.

Thanked by 1pike
  • How much noisy neighborhood affect root vps ?

• @vimalware said:

@titanicsaled said:

Thank you.

The CPU resources are supposed to be dedicated and it isn't forbidden by their ToS so what's the problem?

• @titanicsaled said:
    @vimalware said:

@titanicsaled said:

Thank you.

The CPU resources are supposed to be dedicated and it isn't forbidden by their ToS so what's the problem?

Your name is still wrong. You can't fix that by wasting bits and bytes on the interwebs.

• Free 2GB/2Core VPS for 6 months was their offer today. It's still available

• I've got one. It's basically just a 1G bump and slight space upgrade from the usual 500, when you work out the math. Plus, you're locked in for a year.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • not looking for any more Deutsche VPSen at the moment so I didn't click through enough of the process to see what payment is required to order ... but looks like it says the first six months are free? Or does it boil down to paying half-price for the whole year up front?

• @uptime said:
    Or does it boil down to paying half-price for the whole year up front?

That one. Next year, full price.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • I would not buy vServers for anything you care about- but I've said that. They're "fine", but the rootservers are much more like a real dedi, and you have better control over CPU/et al. Just, no.

• ... the horror! and what is this thing you call "full price" ?

• Take that six month price and double it. :o

• lordamercy next thing you be telling me soylent green is made of people ... too rich for my blood!

• I got plenty of Virmach to sooth your wounds, foodstuff.

Thanked by 1uptime
  • The server on sale today, Adv17 VPS 500, is the same as the regular server product VPS 500 G7 SE.

VPS 500 G7 SE is currently priced at €2,99/month if you take a contract of 12 months. This means: €35,88 for 12 months; €71,76 for 24 months; €107,64 for 36 months.

Adv17 VPS 500 is priced at €3,99/month with a contract of 12 months, but the first six months are free. This means: €23,94 for 12 months; €71,82 for 24 months; €119,70 for 36 months.

In sum, Adv17 VPS 500 is a great deal for 12 months, but if you would keep it for 24 or 36 months, then better to go with VPS 500 G7 SE.

Thanked by 2uptime Falzo
  • BBTNBBTN Member
    edited December 2017

My RS 1000 Plus G7 will be available for transfer in January if someone is interested.
    (Netcup demands a 25€ one-time fee for a transfer from the new client.)

• @BBTN said:
    My [RS 1000 Plus G7]

what is the main reason you are letting it go? cpu feature i guess yes!

• RS is a rootserver, @ehab.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • @WSS said:
    RS is a rootserver, @ehab.

i feel stupid now.

• @WSS, i had the same server some time ago. It didn't have the vmx and they asked for a fee.

• BBTNBBTN Member
    edited December 2017

@ehab said:

@BBTN said:
    My [RS 1000 Plus G7]

what is the main reason you are letting it go? cpu feature i guess yes!

I'm migrating to a "Adv17 RS 1000 Plus". I'm pretty satisfied but don't need both of them. :)

• @ehab said:
    @WSS, i had the same server some time ago. It didn't have the vmx and they asked for a fee.

Are you positive it wasn't a special or a VPS? Exposed CPU don't usually disable vme/vmx anymore.

• @BBTN said:

one last tiny request from you :)

cat /proc/cpuinfo

thanks in advance.

• hzrhzr Member
    edited December 2017
    # cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep vmx
    #
    # cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep vme
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon rep_good nopl xtopology eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 hle avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid rtm rdseed adx smap xsaveopt arat
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon rep_good nopl xtopology eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm 3dnowprefetch fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 hle avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid rtm rdseed adx smap xsaveopt arat

• @ehab said:

@BBTN said:

one last tiny request from you :)

cat /proc/cpuinfo

thanks in advance.

processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 63 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2670 v3 @ 2.30GHz stepping : 2 microcode : 0x1 cpu MHz : 2297.338 cache size : 4096 KB physical id : 0 siblings : 1 core id : 0 cpu cores : 1 apicid : 0 initial apicid : 0 fpu : yes fpu_exception : yes cpuid level : 13 wp : yes flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon rep_good nopl eagerfpu pni pclmulqdq ssse3 fma cx16 pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand hypervisor lahf_lm abm arat xsaveopt fsgsbase tsc_adjust bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid bogomips : 4594.67 clflush size : 64 cache_alignment : 64 address sizes : 46 bits physical, 48 bits virtual

BTW... how do I quote as code without messing it up using single lines? I seem to fail
    at that every time.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • Use < pre >

and < / p r e >

My VPS is in model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-2680 v4 @ 2.40GHz

Thanked by 1BBTN
  • afaiw netcup disables VMX on purpose even though they pass through the rest of the cpu flags hostnode (for the rootservers that is)

Thanked by 1ehab
  • ehabehab Member
    edited December 2017

@hzr said: cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep vme

isn't vme: Virtual 8086 mode enhancements ?