Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LXC on Proxmox (actually in general)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

LXC on Proxmox (actually in general)

I actually planned to migrate some of my VMs to LXC (KVM now), but after just a few hours I know why I have always been a KVM fanboy.

I created a privileged LXC Container and wanted to install nextcloud in general on it. The data storage was supposed to be mount via cifs. Actually when rebooting or shutting down the Container it causes Kernel panics "unregister_netdevice: waiting for lo to become free. Usage count = 1".. which is... pissing me off.

Tried to use a workaround by adding a systemd script unmounting cifs before going down, but when doing this via proxmox it will still occure.

This seems to be a problem for quite some time now. Been using latest Proxmox Kernel 4.13.8.

Going back to good KVM.

Just my 2 cents.

Comments

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

What kernel?

• @mmuyskens said:
    What kernel?

4.13.8 as mentioned.

edited December 2017

@nobizzle said:

@mmuyskens said:
    What kernel?

4.13.8 as mentioned.

Whoops, I missed it. Could be this;

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/show_bug.cgi?id=880394

Seems to be coming and going with various kernels.

• Yes, but to be honest. Mounting cifs is not magic happening.. it's just basic usage of linux. If such things already happen with such stupid, simple things, trying to reboot a system while cifs is mounted, I better stick to KVM, as I never had any issue with that.

Just moved away from Proxmox/LXC myself... I get it.

• just wanted to get rid of my frustration.. pulverizing hours with this issue :D

i guess lxc is just fine for usage of applications which completely work on their own.

• proxmox or lxc in general can be frustrating, but if you have a small budget and dont worry about putting a lot effort in it, it's okay..

i never used cifs in lxc, only nfs which works good.