Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Outsourced Support
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Outsourced Support

Hello,

I was wondering your thoughts on outsourced support for web hosting and VPS market.
I'm talking about hiring companies such as We3Cares, BobCares, etc. to take care of all Helpdesk, and potentially live chat.

Often, they companies are based in India so what do you use to get over the language barrier?

Comments

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

The language barrier isn't your problem. It's the quality barrier.

You get what you pay for.

• @eric1212 if you are looking at language support in say spanish or danish or french etc.. that definitely would be a barrier.

Quality is the key aspect, you should look at. Not the price alone. You have sharks ready to offer even the cheapest of price. if you fall for that, then forget quality and consistency.

All said there are some good companies too, which has some real nice processes in place and follow those religious..many time these feel like overheads, but in real life, you would realise the need.

(spoiler) I am from India...But I dont provide support or an affiliate of any support provider.

• leapswitchleapswitch Patron Provider, Veteran

@eric1212 said:
    Hello,

I was wondering your thoughts on outsourced support for web hosting and VPS market.
    I'm talking about hiring companies such as We3Cares, BobCares, etc. to take care of all Helpdesk, and potentially live chat.

Often, they companies are based in India so what do you use to get over the language barrier?

From what I have read, SolusVM support is also outsourced to We3Cares. If you are using SolusVM you could try them out as they will probably have highest experience with VPS Nodes + SolusVM.

• I have researched these companies on the list of outsourced support providers on WHT and have found out that every single one of them sucks. You get what you pay for. Besides, I would never trust some unknown folks in a third world country with a root access to my server, even with a signed contract. No chance in hell.

Remember that most web hosting services are similar or quite the same, a link is a link and a drive is a drive, but it's the support that differs one company from another. If you're looking to make a name for yourself, do this shit right.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited September 2013

Heh.
    My company provides services to prometeus which is exactly outsourced support :P
    Uncle trusts me with root access and we have a contract. Considering how good are italians thinking of romanians, this was unlikely to happen, yet it did and seems to work for now. We didnt even meet.

Preconceptions only make everyone miss opportunities. You should be extra careful, granted, but there is this self-fulfilling prophecy:
    "All ppl in country x are thieves and criminals, we should not do business with them, nor allow them in our country".

What will happen is that only too good to be true deals will be done which will obviously not work as well as the illegal immigration will indeed get only criminals, thieves and hookers in the country because those do not care about the laws. Honest people will not even try because they are not too keen to be humiliated being declared thieves and criminals upfront.

As a result, only the thieves criminals and hookers will make it in your country and only crooks will try and succeed in getting your citizens sign up into scams. And, of course, the right-wing/religious parties will "prove" they were right all the time.

Thanked by 1jesin
  • @eric1212 said:

Most Indians working in such an environment understand English well. Some of their intonation may sound weird, but you can usually make out what they're talking about. :)

• Most of the companies that outsource their customer support send it to India.

You get everything in India, even executives speaking in more American sounding English than an average American manages to do.

You need to search better, that's it.

• @jennie23 said:
    Hi,

Live2Support, a popular live chat software company also offers customer chat support outsourcing service from India. Live2Support is well know live chat software for customer chat support. Company also offer customer chat support outsourcing service. They provide support service in standard English language. They have a group of well trained chat operators/agents. http://www.live2support.com

Spam? No thanks

• @jennie23 said:
    Hi,

Live2Support, a popular live chat software company also offers customer chat support outsourcing service from India. Live2Support is well know live chat software for customer chat support. Company also offer customer chat support outsourcing service. They provide support service in standard English language. They have a group of well trained chat operators/agents. http://www.live2support.com

Your sig:

Live Chat Software for Webaite: http://www.live2support.com

Shameless...

• @eric1212 said:
    Spam? No thanks

Outsourced spam.

Thanked by 1kontam
  • @jennie23 said:
    Hi,

Do you do phone support too? I assume so. I looked at your website, and jennie I got your number.

I need to make you mine, so jennie don't change your number - is it 867-5309?

• @texteditor said:
    Do you do phone support too? I assume so.

I don't need any support. I was simply curious the opinion of LET -- for possible future ventures, and to see what exactly LowEndSupport is. :)

• Please stop sending me Private Messages. Aside from the fact that most of you have terrible English... I don't need any support techs.

• In other words, you all got trolled! He doesn't really need anything, he just wanted to waste your time.

• eric1212eric1212 Member
    edited September 2013

@TheLinuxBug said:
    he just wanted to waste your time.

Completely untrue. Not once did I state I wanted/needed support techs in this post. I was simply looking at the market for outsourced support, and what the LowEndOpinion was of companies like that.

• TheLinuxBugTheLinuxBug Member
    edited September 2013

The subject has already been "discussed" before here:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/251673/

Also you did not word your OP that way.

Cheers!