Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for 20 Dual X5650
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for 20 Dual X5650

budget 20-25$/mo per serv max.
mining purpose.
will I be at loss ? yes for sure , but I need them still for personal reasons.

Comments

• Didn't you learn anything from your last shitty thread?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Hmm, I suspect they will actually cost the host more in power than $20 p/month running at 100% 24x7 so don't hold your breath.

• According to https://ark.intel.com/products/47922/Intel-Xeon-Processor-X5650-12M-Cache-2_66-GHz-6_40-GTs-Intel-QPI they have a tdp of 95w. Call it 100w each for ease of calculation (and to account for chipset usage etc)

This means that you'd burn through 5kwh per day, or 150kwh per month. To sell only that power to you at 20 usd/month, you'd have to be able to buy it at (at the most) 13c per kwh.

The only person I know that can get power that cheap is @cociu, but I'm pretty sure he could just mine himself instead of going through the trouble of renting a server to you.

Also, this budget does not include ANY hardware costs, support costs, cooling costs (significant), space costs, bandwidth costs, ip costs and probably some other costs that I forgot about.

As the community told you in ALL your 4 other threads that you posted IN THE PAST MONTH your requests are just not feasible. Stop spamming your request threads that time and time again have proven unsuccesfull, until someone invents a free energy device.

• @teamacc said:
    until someone invents a free energy device.

Subscribed.

• MasonRMasonR Community Contributor

@WSS said:

@teamacc said:

Subscribed.

THE FUTURE IS HERE!

• @MasonR said:

@WSS said:

@teamacc said:

Subscribed.

THE FUTURE IS HERE!

It's no Bonsai Kitten.

• Are we just going to keep let this happening? No one here has anything to offer this person, and then we usually get accosted for being "angry" by this person.

Do the mods no longer care about the quality here?

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • @Damian said:
    Are we just going to keep let this happening? No one here has anything to offer this person, and then we usually get accosted for being "angry" by this person.

Do the mods no longer care about the quality here?

Hi. 2017 here. Pleased to meet you.

Thanked by 1Damian
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

teamacc said: Call it 100w each

OP requested Dual Xeon, so will need to count on that being double.

However, the X5650 chug power and use far more than its TDP when at 100% CPU. Other components in the systems will also use power, including fans, which probably will run at 100% too. I would guess at least 3 amps of 120V power per server at 100% usage depending on what else is in the server (RAM, drives, etc).

If you figure 3 amps, utility cost plus cooling cost won't break even at $20-25 per month. That doesn't include any of the other costs of the data center, or the hardware itself.

OP: your pricing request is not possible. Increase your budget, probably by at least 2x.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

qps said: probably by at least 2x.

Problem is it won't be profitable to mine anythin then :D

And if it is, the host would just mine themselves wouldn't they? The OP may as well just ask people for money because this is essentially what he's doing.

• @qps said:

teamacc said: Call it 100w each

OP requested Dual Xeon, so will need to count on that being double.

Already accounting for that, note the 5kwh per day (24 hours times 200w = 4800wh). As you can see I talk about "100w each" there.

Still they do indeed burn more than that when fully loaded, probably closer to 300w total combined.

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

teamacc said: Already accounting for that, note the 5kwh per day (24 hours times 200w = 4800wh). As you can see I talk about "100w each" there.

Still they do indeed burn more than that when fully loaded, probably closer to 300w total combined.

Understood. I read that as 100w per server, but it doesn't really matter. OP is not being realistic.

• Wait... you didn't find anything in your last 4 threads?! I'm so surprised!

Thanked by 1randvegeta
  • vovlervovler Member
    edited December 2017

"I'd like to buy $20+, for $20 please"

• OP is an idiot and thinks that servers grow in trees.. and no WSS.. please no

• stefeman said: OP is an idiot and thinks that servers grow in trees..

i'd provide fertilizers if they did though. real talk.

• @jezznar said:

stefeman said: OP is an idiot and thinks that servers grow in trees..

Are you literally offering bull shit?

• @stefeman said:
    OP is an idiot and thinks that servers grow in trees.. and no WSS.. please no

Hmm

@jezznar said:

Clearly, somebody has been feeding you both lies.

Thanked by 1willie
  • jezznarjezznar Member
    edited December 2017

@teamacc said:

@jezznar said:

Are you literally offering bull shit?

Oh no. not really.

@IThinkUFailed said:

@stefeman said:
    OP is an idiot and thinks that servers grow in trees.. and no WSS.. please no

Hmm

@jezznar said:

Clearly, somebody has been feeding you both lies.

I guess it's time for me to take out my secret formula that I've been hiding for decades

Thanked by 2IThinkUFailed Damian
  • raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

@merry75 you've had your answer.

Thanked by 1KuJoe
This discussion has been closed.