Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Interest in HK and LT NAT based VPS? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Interest in HK and LT NAT based VPS?

2»

Comments

• mkshmksh Member
    edited December 2017

@randvegeta said:

mksh said: looking to spend a tiny amount of $ per year on a toy like 64MB OpenVZ though.

Like $5 /year?

Yep, something in LES range. 5$ would be a bit more expensive (LES is 4-5$ 128MB, ~3$ 64MB as far as those are still available) but so is asia hosting in general.

64MB OpenVZ / LXC VPS would mean upto 250 (assuming the CPU could handle it). Just not sure what you could do with 64MB RAM :D

VPN, teamspeak, reverse proxy/tiny webserver, idling,... Not that much but enough for me :P

But with only 30-40VMs, it's certainly not even remotely profitable only 16GB. Maybe with 32GB + it could be.

Yeah. 40 $10/year VPS would be like 33$/month for the whole server.

• @randvegeta said:

@WSS said:
    Needs more dicks.

How much dick do you need? I'll see what I can throw in! Any preference for race brand, color, size? In HK, there isn't a whole lot of options, and if we go with a foreign supplier, it could be pricey.

Get all kinds of cocks. You can overload the dicks with OVZ. Personally, I still want a custom KVM setup with 16MB and NE2K (ISA), so I can setup a DOS box running pointless services (TW2K, anyone?)

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

mksh said: Yep, something in LES range. 5$ would be a bit more expensive (LES is 4-5$ 128MB, ~3$ 64MB as far as those are still available) but so is asia hosting in general.

Managed to setup a few test VMs on the small node with just 128MB RAM. Not sure it will run on KVM with any less. OS reports 72MB of memory in use. About 40MB of that is 'cache' but that's with the server doing nothing with next to nothing installed on it. Realistically I don't think anything under 128MB is workable on KVM.

So far I've got 21 ports forwarded to each internal IPv4 address (1 for SSH and 20 for whatever else) and a /64 IPv6 subnet for each VM.

In theory we could do over 100 VPS on this small node, so we will start with a limited run t gauge feedback. Will launch this week I think.

Thanked by 3Aluminat mksh NanoG6
  • @randvegeta said:
    we will start with a limited run t gauge feedback. Will launch this week I think.

Looking forward to giving you my 7 dollars or whatever it will be.

• I’m excited!

Can I please get allocated one that can access TVB myTV? :)

Pretty please? :D