Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aruba Changes: DC4(FR) and DC5(DE) now at 1€ - Page 4
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Aruba Changes: DC4(FR) and DC5(DE) now at 1€

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

uptime said: Aruba is the Bermuda Triangle of LET.

At least for me, I got lost there more than once.

• @Maounique said:

uptime said: Aruba is the Bermuda Triangle of LET.

At least for me, I got lost there more than once.

.. and that's just their shitty control panel.

• A three hour tour ... a three hour tour!

yeah okay maybe a bit more like Gilligan's Island all things considered.

That vm tho - busilly idling so very nicely. Wondering if I should rename it "Ginger" or "MaryAnne" ...

• hahanashahanas Member
    edited December 2017

Guys I have try everything to take a international account for the offer of 1.00 Euro and I fail. Can someone tell me HOW MAKE AN international account ?? She need a country from America or non-europe union ??? I have make 3 account. I try with vpn with usa ip but nothing.... please if someone can do for me pm.

Thank you

• @hahanas said:
    Guys I have try everything to take a international account for the offer of 1.00 Euro and I fail. Can someone tell me HOW MAKE AN international account ?? She need a country from America or non-europe union ??? I have make 3 account. I try with vpn with usa ip but nothing.... please if someone can do for me pm.

Thank you

just sign up starting at https://www.arubacloud.com/vps/virtual-private-server-range.aspx and give your proper address and stuff. also put in that f*cking 1€ via paypal or credit card to have a validated payment method and be ready to go :-)

Thanked by 1hahanas
  • @Falzo said:

@hahanas said:

Thank you

just sign up starting at https://www.arubacloud.com/vps/virtual-private-server-range.aspx and give your proper address and stuff. also put in that f*cking 1€ via paypal or credit card to have a validated payment method and be ready to go :-)

Hahahaha is f*cking easy. Thank you. I try it ...

• hahanas said: Guys I have try everything to take a international account for the offer of 1.00 Euro and I fail. Can someone tell me HOW MAKE AN international account ?? She need a country from America or non-europe union ??? I have make 3 account. I try with vpn with usa ip but nothing.... please if someone can do for me pm.

Why trying to commit fraud?

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @hzr said:

hahanas said: Guys I have try everything to take a international account for the offer of 1.00 Euro and I fail. Can someone tell me HOW MAKE AN international account ?? She need a country from America or non-europe union ??? I have make 3 account. I try with vpn with usa ip but nothing.... please if someone can do for me pm.

> Why trying to commit fraud?

Isn't commit fraud. In website Arubacloud.com say clearly 1.00 euro and nothing say only for international customers. Is fair I think....

• mfsmfs Banned, Member

@hahanas There's no "ip check" nor "address check" nor "nationality check", no need to try to hide your identity or to appear as a foreigner to them (or, worse, commit technical fraud filling in fake details during the signup process); It's just that that some people "land" in the Italian/regional portal and signup from there. You technically could have an International account, an Italian account, a French account, a Czech account and sub-accounts for each account as well, with VAT ID# for reverse VAT if applicable or not; every account will be showing different invoices, different services and different funds (and access to different promotions). The UI are identical so you can't tell them apart easily if you don't remember how did you land there; not even the login names come into help

All considered, it should be enough to make that the URL during the "topping up" process is cart.arubacloud.com and not cart.cloud.it

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @mfs said:
    commit technical fraud filling in fake details during the signup process

Gotta watch out with the big accusations friend. In some countries it is totally fine to give a fake address during sign up. While this might be a violation of terms of services and lead to suspension it is not fraud which is punishable by law.

Tion said: Gotta watch out with the big accusations friend. In some countries it is totally fine to give a fake address during sign up. While this might be a violation of terms of services and lead to suspension termination it is not fraud which is punishable by law.

Fixed. After termination most people chargeback as they claim the service not received which is indeed fraud.

• hahanashahanas Member
    edited December 2017

Finely yeaaa. I get a few vps for the time ;)

Thanked by 1uptime
  • Filled their form for a voucher. No response since last Sunday.

I feel treated like an Italian.

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited December 2017

Update: I requested a €2 coupon on Sunday, I received the code by text on Monday, and today I finally ordered a €1/month server at DC FR1. The control panel was definitely unfamiliar at first, but after I experimented with it a bit, it began to make sense. The server itself seems very responsive. The selection of templates is okay (though still no Debian 9) -- I opted for CentOS 7.

One thing that I haven't figured out yet is how to assign my server a particular IPv6 address: I see that there's a /64 reserved for my server, but how do I set a particular IPv6 address? I don't see how to do this in the control panel. Am I missing something? Do I need to open a ticket for this?

Thanked by 1hahanas
  • @angstrom said:
    Update: I ordered a €2 coupon on Sunday, I received the code by text on Monday

Fine then. i will go to arubacloud through adwords ads from now on then. Meh.

Thanked by 1hahanas
  • Has anyone got IPv6 working on Debian/Ubuntu? Static config in /etc/network/interfaces does not seem to work?

• @Yura said:

@angstrom said:

Sorry, man, I don't know what happened, but this seems too long. Which portal did you order the coupon from?

Thanked by 2Yura hahanas
  • @sundaymouse said:
    Has anyone got IPv6 working on Debian/Ubuntu? Static config in /etc/network/interfaces does not seem to work?

This relates to my question above: have you already figured out how to assign your server a particular IPv6 address?

• @angstrom said:

@Yura said:

@angstrom said:

Sorry, man, I don't know what happened, but this seems too long. Which portal did you order the coupon from?

From the liink in the OP, international portal. Don't mind it, @angstrom, they don't owe me anything anyways.

BUT THEY WILL PAY FOR IT >:(

/jk

• @Yura said: @angstrom said:

@Yura said:

@angstrom said: Update: I ordered a €2 coupon on Sunday, I received the code by text on Monday

From the liink in the OP, international portal. Don't mind it, @angstrom, they don't owe me anything anyways.

I asked for a coupon from one of the country portals, but this shouldn't really make a difference. I also waited for the coupon to arrive before opening an account -- I wonder whether this makes a difference (but it shouldn't as long as one hasn't yet ordered a service from them).

Thanked by 1Yura
  • @vimalware said: picked up a 1Eur Paris one : listed on TWO(2) spam lists including SORBS.

My server is also at FR1, and the IPv4 is on three lists: BARRACUDA, ivmSIP24, SORBS SPAM.

But I'm not so concerned about this, because I don't plan to run a mail server on a €1/month Aruba plan.

• angstrom said: But I'm not so concerned about this, because I don't plan to run a mail server on a €1/month Aruba plan.

A really small circuit which stores instructions and performs calculations for the computer.

• DebouncerDebouncer Member, Host Rep

You'll be surprised how stable is €1/month Aruba server. We even moved to Aruba our Frankfurt monitoring probe. Very stable network. But yes, all IPs blacklisted.

@angstrom said:

@vimalware said: picked up a 1Eur Paris one : listed on TWO(2) spam lists including SORBS.

My server is also at FR1, and the IPv4 is on three lists: BARRACUDA, ivmSIP24, SORBS SPAM.

But I'm not so concerned about this, because I don't plan to run a mail server on a €1/month Aruba plan.

Thanked by 2angstrom hahanas
  • Sorry to necro this post, but DC4(FR) is no longer in the 1eur offer. Starting today it's DC1(IT) and DC5(DE).

default said: Sorry to necro this post

I don't think it's a problem, the information is not too old and is relevant today.
    I dont have time to follow all changes, in fact lately i didnt have time even for LET, and i read here latest news, thanks!

• Where's the 1€ offer now???

Thanked by 1ehab
  • defaultdefault Veteran
    edited December 2017

They now removed DC5(DE) too, from that 1€ offer. Now it's back to DC1(IT) and DC3(CZ) on 1€ offer of Aruba.

• The price of €1 per month (exc. VAT) for the "Cloud VPS - Server Smart, size Small" is valid only for deployments (and renewals) made on data center DC1/IT1 and DC3/CZ1, while resources last. New deployments made for the "Cloud VPS - Server Smart, size Small" on other data centers within the Aruba Cloud infrastructure will be priced at €2,79 per month (exc. VAT).
    Thanked by 4Shot2 angstrom Yura Aidan
  • "Everyday I'm shufflin"

Thanks @default

• ariq01ariq01 Member
    edited March 2018

@uptime said:
    Aruba is the Bermuda Triangle of LET.

then and alpharacks reappears 90 years after going missing

• WSSWSS Member
    edited March 2018

@ariq01 said:

@uptime said: