Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best domain company to be with?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best domain company to be with?

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Hello. i have some domains with Godaddy and Namecheap. I consider Namecheap to be a good one, but can you recommend one that you can trust, and recommend? Maybe I'm missing something.

FYI, Godaddy ones are for the first year, then I transfer them to Namecheap; my question is: Do I continue with Namecheap?

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

I have all my domains with eNom, simply the best.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@AlexanderM eNom seems obscure with its pricing... I can't find what's the price for transfer :(

• I don't seem to use anybody but NameCheap anymore, there my go to guys for domains and SSL.

• I really love namecheap. Their pricing isn't rock bottom but always competitive and fair. You know what you're getting with them. And I use their free DNS for everything.

• Name.com is my general pick, I used namecheap before and found name.com to be less complex when managing the domains.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@netomx said:
    AlexanderM eNom seems obscure with its pricing... I can't find what's the price for transfer :(

Maby try a eNom reseller, we use eNom and just topped our account up there, use them for domains and SSL Certs.

• I just use INWX and Internet.bs. Both have a slim and easy to use website that has all feature set I even need. And they provide an API and have good prices.

Thank you, this is what I needed :)

• Namecheap is horribly overrated. I like Internet.bs more.

• ReeceReece Member
    edited September 2013

Never had any issues with Namecheap.

Internet.bs is quite cheap too ;)

• I consider this, for my clients :)

And Having 600+ registered domain with Godaddy now :) 20+ with Namecheap. No other registrars...

• Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

Internetbs

• I've used NameCheap for all of my domains and I've never had an issue.

• WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

never had the issue with Namecheap, the Godaddy DNS is so slow.

• Name.com and LogicBoxes/NetEarthOne have been great for me. I used eNom in the past but realized their customer service isn't very good and they don't have the free goodies that most offer (Free dns, free email accounts/forwarders, etc etc)

• Namecheap, internetbs and gandi.net which is the EFF one.

I will keep Namecheap :)

• namesilo

• Namecheap's name is misleading, as they are not cheap. Especially on renewal.

I originally used godaddy a decade or so ago. Godaddy's SOPA bullshit was the final straw that made me start moving over to Namecheap. Now I have all of my domains with Internet.bs.

• i am using internet.bs for now. Registered the domain with register.com guys but they asked 30 USd for a .net domain renewal so had to go

• Using NameSilo for my domains

• I use inwx.de and gandi.net.

• I use Name.com most of the time, pretty cheap, and a lot nicer interface than when I used NameCheap last.

• For myself personally, it's got to be name.com

• My personal choice is name.com
    they have good control panel to manage dns.

• Also name.com
    - Clean interface.
    - Fast registraton/renewal process without need to confirm plenty steps (with various offers) to complete payment.
    - Good control panel with dns management.
    - "privacyplease" free whois privacy code which work with every domain registration/renewal.

• They're all pretty much the same - I mainly use Namecheap and have a few as Astutium as well.

One major player is bringing out a new domain service with enhanced privacy and security. I think it could be a game changer, but it's not priced or LEB.

• resellbiz & namesilo :)

• I use namecheap since 2011, no problems so far.

• I use DomainMonster.