Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Installing Windows on Kimsufi.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Installing Windows on Kimsufi.

I know that it is illegal to install Standard Windows on Server Computer. But how about installing Standard Windows on Standard Computer like Kimsufi Core i3/i4/i5. Do I have to install Windows Server too ? Or just standard windows is ok.

Comments

• How is a KS not a server?

• @saibal said:
    How is a KS not a server?

Does i3 count as server processor ?

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Not against the license terms, you can get "workstations" with Windows non-server os installed.. and some of them are even rack mountable.

Kimsufi is consume hardware anyway, so you aren't wrong there. .

Here is the site: http://myhken.com

• @yokowasis said: Does i3 count as server processor ?

No, it doesn't. But the use case for the KS renders it as a server. Are you just planning to use the KS just as a remote desktop without any server functionalities?

If you use the machine as a server you need a Windows server license. The processor does not matter.

The Dell R210 II servers also come with i3-2100 processors in some models. And even the Avoton runs servers.

However, AFAIK retail versions of Windows cannot run legally in machines located in DCs. You must use a server version. So in your case you are either stuck using a Windows server license or go non Windows.