Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Install Windows 8.1 on Noxic
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Install Windows 8.1 on Noxic

Hello

I would like to ask if it is possible to install windows 8.1 on a Noxic server
Dual Intel Xeon 5520 Custom why I do not want to buy and then lose my time and money

Comments

• It's not technically legal to do so. You can install Windows Server 2008.

• Not allowed.

• @revan20 request an IPMI access (for free) so you can install Windows.

• Does Nocix (I'm assuming that's what the OP meant not Noxic :D) allow BYOL for Windows?

• mtsbatalha said: @revan20 request an IPMI access (for free) so you can install Windows.

Still no.

• @hzr said:

mtsbatalha said: @revan20 request an IPMI access (for free) so you can install Windows.

Still no.

Well, last time I got it working via IPMI.

• It's still not legal.

• mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

@WSS said:
    It's still not legal.

Unless you're in Alabama.

• @mtsbatalha said: Well, last time I got it working via IPMI.

There shouldn't be a problem installing Windows via IPMI. The problem is with the licensing. Are you still running that server?

• hzrhzr Member
    edited November 2017

Also: what I'm always interested in is people trying to run an OS that costs more than the server they buy legally.

For some reason I really doubt they will have proof of purchase and COA for a valid retail licence (and no, education, resold stolen keys from hacked accounts, VLK MSDN, etc is absolutely not valid for this), not that home OSes are allowed in the first place

Especially when their post history only consists of asking for torrents.

Thanked by 1S3phy
  • request KVM and mount iso to install but you need liscense because no one datacenter allow window copy

• Thanks for the answers