Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3x256MB or 3x512MB KVM Bundle - $30-36/Year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

3x256MB or 3x512MB KVM Bundle - $30-36/Year

MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
edited November 2017 in Offers

After a successful Black Friday week selling higher memory machines, we have some stock for some smaller specifications. The following offers are for manual provision only and come in a bundle. Upon ordering you will receive three machines with the below specifications.

Datacenter Location: North Carolina, United States

Pick up a 3 X 256MB Bundle - $30.00/Year OR 3 X 512MB Bundle - $36.00/YR

Here's what you get:

• Three KVM Machines
  • Dedicated IPv4
  • IPv6 Available
  • 256-512MB RAM
  • 10GB HDD Storage
  • 1 vCore E5 CPU
  • 100GB Bandwidth

Order Your Bundle @ Ho-ost

Follow us on Twitter at ho_ostcom - Ho-ost Internet Solutions Limited - Company # 09970768

Comments

• 3 boxes in the same location. Well, $1/mo isn't bad for nameservers.

Thanked by 1sureiam
  • @WSS said:
    3 boxes in the same location. Well, $1/mo isn't bad for nameservers.

Your neutral-ness is an achievement perhaps?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@Ho-ost said:

@WSS said:

I was just trying to figure a reason for 3 tiny KVMs in the same place. Will they at least be staggered across different hardware?

By IPv6 available, what's the cost to add a /112 or whatever?

• If you can offer in multiple locations, I would love to pick up a 3x512 bundle. Want to start running my own nameservers (just for kicks) for the bunch of useless domains I purchased for <$10 for 10 years

Thanked by 1dedicados
  • MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited November 2017

@WSS said:

@Ho-ost said:

@WSS said:

I was just trying to figure a reason for 3 tiny KVMs in the same place. Will they at least be staggered across different hardware?

It's an alternative to purchasing similar spec machine(s) at our default pricing with what I believe is a reasonable discount. Up to you how it's used. As long as it conforms with our Terms of Service

• @Ho-ost said:

@WSS said:

@Ho-ost said:

@WSS said:

It's an alternative to purchasing similar spec machine(s) at our default pricing with what I believe is a reasonable discount. Up to you how it's used. As long as it conforms with our Terms of Service

..nothing illegal. Kind of implied, but OK. Now about IPv6?

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee Barred
    edited November 2017

@WSS said:

@Ho-ost said:

..nothing illegal. Kind of implied, but OK. Now about IPv6?

The dedicated server has a /64 assigned so just request what you need.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • web scrapers and shoe bots might like this offer.

• Any EU-based machines?

• @mksh said:
    web scrapers and shoe bots might like this offer.

At 10GB/100GB? Kind of doubt they'd be all that useful.

• @dzungbb said:
    Any EU-based machines?

Just the above North Carolina location at the moment.

• @WSS said:

@mksh said:

Ouch. Yeah, missed that. Not much to scrape with 100GB even if just used as a proxy. Still the offer is pretty much a bundle of cheap IPs.

• @mksh said:

@WSS said:

@mksh said:

Ouch. Yeah, missed that. Not much to scrape with 100GB even if just used as a proxy. Still the offer is pretty much a bundle of cheap IPs.

Perfectly fine for DNS and MX.

I really want to buy these to replace my now-faltering Tragic OVZs, but Jesus I still have stuff from BF that I haven't even installed yet.

• WSS said: Perfectly fine for DNS and MX.

In your opinion, is it okay to host all NS on the same node?

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@ramesh_vish said:

WSS said: Perfectly fine for DNS and MX.

In your opinion, is it okay to host all NS on the same node?

CPanel users would(n't know). These would be backup nameservers, and that's it. I don't put all of my stuff in the same location, little alone same network.. but for $1/mo/machine, they'll handle the random UDP packet just fine, I'm sure. You have to start somewhere, and 3 of these together is perfect to learn clustering and DNSSEC.

Thanked by 1flatland_spider
  • You got rid of the bra logo. :)

What operating systems/distros are available?

Thanked by 2MichaelCee WSS
  • @flatland_spider said:
    You got rid of the bra logo. :)

What operating systems/distros are available?

CentOS / Ubuntu / Debian or Custom ISO, as long as it's legal and can run on the given specs

Thanked by 1flatland_spider
  • WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

@flatland_spider said:
    You got rid of the bra logo. :)

lol

Any chance at doubling these? Like ordering two and having them all 1G/20G?

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • YOINK!

Thanked by 1MichaelCee
  • WSS said: CPanel users would(n't know). These would be backup nameservers, and that's it. I don't put all of my stuff in the same location, little alone same network.. but for $1/mo/machine, they'll handle the random UDP packet just fine, I'm sure. You have to start somewhere, and 3 of these together is perfect to learn clustering and DNSSEC.

Thanks, I really miss not getting @davidgestiondbi's awesome deal. The 256MB VPS in three locations would have been perfect.

• @ramesh_vish said:

WSS said: CPanel users would(n't know). These would be backup nameservers, and that's it. I don't put all of my stuff in the same location, little alone same network.. but for $1/mo/machine, they'll handle the random UDP packet just fine, I'm sure. You have to start somewhere, and 3 of these together is perfect to learn clustering and DNSSEC.

Thanks, I really miss not getting @davidgestiondbi's awesome deal. The 256MB VPS in three locations would have been perfect.

I'm not trying to discourage you from using them- they're backups for me, as I'm not horribly familiar with the network. I have two of them partially setup and no complaints so far.

• @ramesh_vish said:

WSS said: CPanel users would(n't know). These would be backup nameservers, and that's it. I don't put all of my stuff in the same location, little alone same network.. but for $1/mo/machine, they'll handle the random UDP packet just fine, I'm sure. You have to start somewhere, and 3 of these together is perfect to learn clustering and DNSSEC.

Locations seems to be the biggest request/recommendation for this set of products. I'm sure you'll eventually see a revised offering with multiple locations from me, when they're available. Thanks all for your comments though.

Thanked by 1abytecurious
  • Just an update, the 512MB bundle is now out of stock.

• Re-stock the 256mb bundle, please

@Ho-ost said:
    Just an update, the 512MB bundle is now out of stock.