Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

As Amazon Shares Fall, Jeff Bezos Is No Longer A Centi-Billionaire
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

As Amazon Shares Fall, Jeff Bezos Is No Longer A Centi-Billionaire

Thanh03041993Thanh03041993 Member
edited November 2017 in General

[img] https://specials-images.forbesimg.com/dam/imageserve/73619eddf2334a69a0762dfce08e9985/960x0.jpg?fit=scale[/img]
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos is the world's richest person. (Photo by Amy Harris/Invision/AP)

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos' two day streak as the world's only centi-billionaire is over -- for now.
Bezos' net worth topped $100 billion for the first time on Cyber Monday as Amazon shares soared. On Wednesday, his net worth fell $2.2 billion to $98 billion, as Amazon stock dropped more than 2% from Tuesday's close as of 1:45 p.m. Eastern Time. Because Bezos owns more than 16% of Amazon, small fluctuations in Amazon's stock have billion-dollar consequences for his net worth.
While he no longer has a twelve-digit fortune, Bezos is still the richest person in the world by an $8.6 billion margin. The second richest person is Microsoft cofounder Bill Gates, who has an $89.4 billion fortune and has been at the top of the Forbes' annual Billionaires List for 18 of the last 23 years. On October 27, Bezos surpassed Gates on Forbes' Real-Time Rankings and has held onto the top spot ever since. Three months earlier, Bezos briefly passed up Gates, but dropped into second place after only four hours.
The nearly 60% rise in Amazon stock this year to date has added $33.1 billion to Bezos’ fortune. His net worth has more than doubled since Forbes published the 2016 Billionaires List in March 2016. At that time, he had a net worth of $45.2 billion and had just joined the ranks of the 10 richest people in the world for the first time.
After graduating from Princeton, Bezos worked at hedge fund D.E. Shaw before leaving to start an online bookstore from a garage in Seattle in 1994. He took Amazon public in 1997 and one year later joined Forbes' ranking of the 400 richest Americans with a $1.6 billion fortune. In the two decades since, Amazon has grown into an e-commerce giant and one of the most valuable companies in the world, propelling Bezos to the top of Forbes' Real-Time Billionaires List.

Link: https://www.forbes.com/sites/katevinton/2017/11/29/as-amazon-shares-fall-jeff-bezos-is-no-longer-a-centi-billionaire/#35c454db2279

Comments

• Jesus.

Fucking.

Christ.

Thanked by 2yomero FlamesRunner
  • AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited November 2017

Next thing at will hear is that Amazon is one huge assed pyramid scheme. All the world will get screwed over and since he has so much money no one can touch him.

• @AuroraZ said:
    Next thing at will hear is that Amazon is one huge assed pyramid scheme. All the world will get screwed over and since he has so much money no one can touch him.

That's probably why they're allowing cheap counterfeit goods which fall below eBay standards these days. I've bought some cheap diagnostic tools and they all came with CDs full of cracked software.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • And we are saving some money :D

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Imagine being worth $100,000,000,000.

Here I am debating between McDonalds and KFC for dinner.

• @WSS said:

@AuroraZ said:

That's probably why they're allowing cheap counterfeit goods which fall below eBay standards these days. I've bought some cheap diagnostic tools and they all came with CDs full of cracked software.

Doesn't surprise me any. Only Amazon thing in my house is Firesticks and they don't run Amazon's pukey shit.

• @MikeA said:

Spend less time on LET, more on WHT. Get a CORPORATE tag. Shit will work itself out.

I'll give you extra vittles at the homeless shelter.

• @MikeA said:

F KFC IN THE ASS AND THEIR SISTERS AS WELL!

• Fuck.. now I'm hungry. Imma throw some spuds in the toaster oven and go chillax with the bitch.

• @WSS said:
    Fuck.. now I'm hungry. Imma throw some spuds in the toaster oven and go chillax with the bitch.

Later man! Probably pass out soon myself.

• This thread is about as interesting as... hmm... ZZZzzzZZzzzzz.

• MikeA said: Here I am debating between McDonalds and KFC for dinner.

Bezos probably does the same.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep

@Ole_Juul said:

MikeA said: Here I am debating between McDonalds and KFC for dinner.

Bezos probably does the same.

He has like a fucking team to decide what he'll have for dinner. He even uses his AI to decide what to have for dinner.

Rich folks for yall.

• MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

@WSS said:
    more on WHT. Get a CORPORATE tag. Shit will work itself out.

ahahahhaha..

ha..

• Reasons not to buy from Amazon:

https://stallman.org/amazon.html

Thanked by 1bugrakoc
  • @willie said:
    Reasons not to buy from Amazon:

https://stallman.org/amazon.html

Richard would rather chew on his toenails than buy from Bezos.

• Thanh03041993 said: centi-billionaire

That would be 1/100th of a billion or 10 million. A lot of cash but there are quite a few people with it. 100 billion would be hecto-billionaire.

Thanked by 1Ole_Juul
  • doghouchdoghouch Member
    edited November 2017

@WSS said:

@AuroraZ said:

I don’t buy from Amazon for quality—rather because the shipping is significantly than having a package come from ex. Hong Kong.