Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Other options than Teamviewer and Logmein for business? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Other options than Teamviewer and Logmein for business?

2»

Comments

• lonealonea Member, Host Rep

simplehelp is the one you want.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • luper769luper769 Member
    edited November 2017

AnyDesk, made by some ex-developers from TeamViewer. It works exactly the same and is way cheaper.
    And they still offer a one-time fee instead of a subscription based model

Thanked by 1myhken
  • qpsqps Member, Host Rep

Kerberos said: I was looking into this a few weeks ago. Haven't tried Remote Utilities but it looked promising. https://www.remoteutilities.com/

This was the one that I found that looked the most interesting from a cost perspective. Does anyone have any experience with it?

• @qps said:

Kerberos said: I was looking into this a few weeks ago. Haven't tried Remote Utilities but it looked promising. https://www.remoteutilities.com/

This was the one that I found that looked the most interesting from a cost perspective. Does anyone have any experience with it?

For the time I worked with a local shop, we were actively moving away from this and to ScreenConnect because there were issues with file transfer, perpetual UAC issues when connecting and other issues. That was a few years ago, however- perhaps it's resolved by now.

Thanked by 1myhken

WSS said: For the time I worked with a local shop, we were actively moving away from this and to ScreenConnect because there were issues with file transfer, perpetual UAC issues when connecting and other issues. That was a few years ago, however- perhaps it's resolved by now.

How well does ScreeenConnect work? It isn't a bad price either (25 agents for $300).

For one of our clients, we have LogMeIn Central, and the price is getting pretty high. When we switched the client to LogMeIn Central back in 2011, it was $250 for 25 computers. This year they want $599 for the same thing (I talked them down to $539, but they won't budge off of that).

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @qps said:
    How well does ScreeenConnect work? It isn't a bad price either (25 agents for $300).

For one of our clients, we have LogMeIn Central, and the price is getting pretty high. When we switched the client to LogMeIn Central back in 2011, it was $250 for 25 computers. This year they want $599 for the same thing (I talked them down to $539, but they won't budge off of that).

It actually worked surprisingly well. Remote file access, et al. We used it to support about 300 different locations, and very rarely was there enough of a problem that it wasn't capable of the job. It does not work great with very latent connections, and will sometimes drop connections with less than 128kb/s, but again, not very common.

I really liked how simple it was to manage the remove machines, get stats (disk, cpu, agent version) without being obtrusive or directly going into the system. It was also trivial to turn off the icon so it runs as a service without self-proclaimed techies trying to disable/remove it.

WSS said: It actually worked surprisingly well. Remote file access, et al. We used it to support about 300 different locations, and very rarely was there enough of a problem that it wasn't capable of the job. It does not work great with very latent connections, and will sometimes drop connections with less than 128kb/s, but again, not very common.

I really liked how simple it was to manage the remove machines, get stats (disk, cpu, agent version) without being obtrusive or directly going into the system. It was also trivial to turn off the icon so it runs as a service without self-proclaimed techies trying to disable/remove it.

I just signed up for the trial. I like the web interface. I downloaded and installed it on one of my client's machines and compared to LogMeIn it is slow as hell, even with the quality settings cranked down. I'll play around with it a bit more to see what other settings I can tweak.

• @qps said:
    I just signed up for the trial. I like the web interface. I downloaded and installed it on one of my client's machines and compared to LogMeIn it is slow as hell, even with the quality settings cranked down. I'll play around with it a bit more to see what other settings I can tweak.

Hope it works for you.

WSS said: Hope it works for you.

Thanks for the recommendation.

• Yes, I like too LiteManager free software for remote control, great alternative!