Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So.. is SiteGround any good?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

So.. is SiteGround any good?

Heard that among the big shots they are fairly solid&performant. Just want to host something reliable offsite and unfortunately not with a LET provider :P

Comments

• It is for the faint-hearted developers who don't want to deal with server management and just want to code and let the managed cPanel and Web interface handle the rest + a support channel they can yell at when their (sometimes poorly) coded websites are stuck up.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited November 2017

Aight :P Seems good for what I need. It's just one of those "I want one of the big known providers" requests I need to handle

• imokimok Member
    edited November 2017

I've heard they are good. A big company in my country uses them for a website.

There is Crocweb too. I have a WordPress based website with 800k visits per month, sometimes 900 concurrent users and it works very good in Crocweb.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Just a heads-up, some odd reason, one of my clients' site keeps showing up as being cloaked via http://www.seotools.com/seo-cloaking-checker/ when it's hosted by SiteGround. Support was great but they had no idea why that's the case. When we moved the site to another host, mirrored content, the cloaking test passed. I never did fully investigate into it but just sharing my experience.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @ThracianDog said:
    Just a heads-up, some odd reason, one of my clients' site keeps showing up as being cloaked via http://www.seotools.com/seo-cloaking-checker/ when it's hosted by SiteGround. Support was great but they had no idea why that's the case. When we moved the site to another host, mirrored content, the cloaking test passed. I never did fully investigate into it but just sharing my experience.

Thanks for the mention anyway :P

• @imok said:
    I've heard they are good. A big company in my country uses them for a website.

There is Crocweb too. I have a WordPress based website with 800k visits per month, sometimes 900 concurrent users and it works very good in Crocweb.

Wow 800K visits, what is it about if you can comment here

• Support sucks. I would not use them.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • I might just put the client on KnownHost WP hosting. Cant go wrong with that eh? If I wanna more or less setup/forget the client.

• They're one of the best hosts I've ever used, top notch support and quick servers. They're expensive from LET point of view but their service is top quality.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @TheKiller said:
    They're one of the best hosts I've ever used, top notch support and quick servers. They're expensive from LET point of view but their service is top quality.

SiteGround or KnownHost?

• @Ympker said:
    SiteGround or KnownHost?

SiteGround. Used them a year ago.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • squibssquibs Member
    edited November 2017

I have had great experiences with Siteground. Their Go Geek plan is excellent. I've got an eStore running 20K products on one account and it's really fast. The staging facility is nice as is the 30 day retention of daily backups. The support team goes above and beyond, doing stuff that they would not really be on the hook for. All my accounts exceed 99.99% uptime.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • 100k visitors per month at $12? That's kinda expensive. My $10 Linode VPS touches 600,000 visitors per month (900,000 PVs) without complaining. Siteground would have grounded my site for that kind of traffic.

• @TheKiller said:

@Ympker said:
    SiteGround or KnownHost?

SiteGround. Used them a year ago.

Bullshit

• TheKillerTheKiller Member
    edited November 2017

@cheapwebdev said:
    Bullshit

Wut?

• @TheKiller said:

@cheapwebdev said:
    Bullshit

Wut?

U herd meh

• Ympker said: I might just put the client on KnownHost WP hosting. Cant go wrong with that eh? If I wanna more or less setup/forget the client.

Thanks for recommending our WP Hosting Packages. :)

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Support sucks on all the big name shared hosts. They're among the best, a regular here could do fine without support. Them and dreamhost I recommend, neither for their support, just servers that work.

Sometimes you just need to save time. I've been using Hostinger for fun, never expected them to be good with their obvious lies in advertising. Actually quite a great customer experience.

Thanked by 2Ympker mehargags
  • Siteground was epic. Now is trash.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • @jarland if you wanna grab a special offer they just happen to have one:
    https://www.hostinger.de/online-gehen

Thanked by 1jar
  • 90% RABATT

• @Ympker said:
    @jarland if you wanna grab a special offer they just happen to have one:
    https://www.hostinger.de/online-gehen

• Unlimited websites
    • Unlimited SSD storage space
    • Unlimited bandwidth
    • Unlimited MySQL databases
    • Unlimited FTP users
    • Unlimited e-mail accounts

Wow, everything what @Jarland loves <3

Thanked by 2jar Ympker

Yura said: everything what @Jarland loves <3

Yup :D

• @jarland said:

Yura said: everything what @Jarland loves <3

Yup :D

So MXShared is making a comeback!?

• @jarland is it worth it for the special price? :P

Ympker said: is it worth it for the special price? :P

I haven't had any issues yet. Using it for a chevereto installation setup with sharex. Really enjoyed their onboarding workflow for new customers too, someone really spent some time on it.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker Member
    edited December 2017

@jarland said:

Ympker said: is it worth it for the special price? :P

I haven't had any issues yet. Using it for a chevereto installation setup with sharex. Really enjoyed their onboarding workflow for new customers too, someone really spent some time on it.

Let's hope the special price is recurring :)

Edit: Not recurring. Nvm :P

• try for a month and know yourself.

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • jackpison said: try for a month and know yourself please let us know how it goes.

fixed that for ya ;-)