Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cloudmin
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Cloudmin

Has anyone tried out Cloudmin so far? It looks pretty good and better than virtualizor kinda. What are your opinions about it? Don't see much providers using it though. That's why I'm a bit confused.

Comments

• For personal or business team VMs good but definitely not for resale. Still somewhat pricy but not competitive to SolusVM or Proxmox.

• There comes a time when an interface is so ugly that just using CLI actually makes more sense for just about anyone.

• @Negan said:
    There comes a time when an interface is so ugly that just using CLI actually makes more sense for just about anyone.

Well, virtualizor is somewhat more beautiful but then it's not working properly and is laggy which makes it similar unusuable.

• @Negan

Looks fine to me:

• @FlamesRunner said:
    @Negan

Looks fine to me:

Forgot about their new style. Haven't used it for a while but it looks quite good with it.

• risharderisharde Patron Provider, Veteran

I love these guys in terms of software features but not for the GUI. Most customers would freak out with virtuamin, webmin, cloudmin etc

• Cloudmin is one of the great control panels and there are fewer providers using it though we do recommend it to our clients to manage their VPSs. :)

• Thanks for your valuable comments. But I was wondering why don't providers use Cloudmin.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited December 2017

We used to, a few years back I was experimenting with Atom storage VPSes, mainly a big storage atom where you can mount the disk remotely with iSCSI, NFS whatever. We have some special supermicro atoms, put 2 big disks on them and used cloudmin with Xen.
    It didnt exactly fly but was more than enough for storage purposes.
    I liked it a lot, works with WHMCS, I even used at home for a while.
    The main issue is the fact not many customers are used to it and we already have some 10 panels for different services, we plan to cut down on them, not add more.
    Proxmox does the job well, does not force you to upgrade to use "all features" (well, much less so), has LXC AND KVM instead of Xen OR KVM, I can use it on top of debian, so, no real incentive for cloudmin.

Thanked by 1aglodek