Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best reputation providers + best value LEB? - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best reputation providers + best value LEB?

2»

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

mfs said: they don't participate that much to "insane deals" on this site

I regret this too, however, we currently have more customers than we can handle safely, any more expansion would lower QoS.
    We are cutting off some locations now in the hope we can expand in the most popular ones. ATM there cant be much more automation, so only consolidation could help.

Thanked by 1mfs
  • vintervinter Member
    edited November 2017

I can vouche for HostHatch @Abdullah and Iniz @kt , great performance and minimal downtime with more than fair pricing.

• DataRecoveryDataRecovery Member
    edited November 2017

depricated said: How much load?

Most of the time it's about 20-25 on a dual(?) 6-cores/12-threads CPU.
    Load spikes happen from time to time and can go quite high.

Current load on one of the BuyShared LU machines is 24.22 / 23.72 / 25.5.

Thanked by 1depricated
  • jbiloh said: Thanks for the mention! :)

Naah..., I heard from someone I trust that you helped quite a bunch of startups along the way :)

• In this forum, a simple search will tell you who are the serious suppliers @Francisco, @AnthonySmith, @Kujoe, @Serverian, @Hassan, @McPhill, @jarland, @ishaq, each with its particularities and according to its purpose , you must choose your best option, more than price I value the sincerity, the honesty of the supplier when answering the questions and saying with sincerity that it can be done and that it can not be done, that for me is the most important, a provider that helps you to grow.

• @DataRecovery said:

If that's 2 X 12 = 24 "cpus" I guess they've managed to get full utilization of the server.

Do you have shell access to see the 3 load averages, or is it also displayed somewhere in cPanel?

• FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

@depricated said:

@DataRecovery said:

If that's 2 X 12 = 24 "cpus" I guess they've managed to get full utilization of the server.

Do you have shell access to see the 3 load averages, or is it also displayed somewhere in cPanel?

The node has 24 cores. I've had to bump up the load that backups are allowed to run at since we end up with a bunch of resellers running their own backup jobs and it pins things. The jobs then sit there since they're not allowed to process and it kinda goes mental.

Sending gear to Lux is a pain in the ass so I've not been able to finalize what is going to be sent there, but the plan right now is sometime in the early new year i'll send some E5's to upgrade shared into the 40 thread range of things.

LV's about to get a box with a test run of what processors I want to use in the next few hours, hopefully it holds strong!

Francisco

Thanked by 1vanhels
  • depricateddepricated Member
    edited November 2017

@Francisco said:

@depricated said:

@DataRecovery said:

The node has 24 cores. I've had to bump up the load that backups are allowed to run at since we end up with a bunch of resellers running their own backup jobs and it pins things. The jobs then sit there since they're not allowed to process and it kinda goes mental.

Sending gear to Lux is a pain in the ass so I've not been able to finalize what is going to be sent there, but the plan right now is sometime in the early new year i'll send some E5's to upgrade shared into the 40 thread range of things.

LV's about to get a box with a test run of what processors I want to use in the next few hours, hopefully it holds strong!

Francisco

So the server can choose not to run jobs when it's overloaded? Maybe that's why I couldn't get an account backup made by cPanel on a severely overloaded (30+ on 8 "cpus", 90%+ disk) server.

@Francisco It's good that you're not taking new signups on a server running at capacity. Even though I was disappointed not to be able to join.

@Awmusic12635 ImpactShared's BF sale tempted me. So far I'm happy with how responsive the server is with load of ~3 on 40 "cpus" :) Hope it stays that way.

How does cPanel count "cpus"?

Thanked by 1Awmusic12635
  • FranciscoFrancisco Top Host, Host Rep, Veteran

depricated said: So the server can choose not to run jobs when it's overloaded? Maybe that's why I couldn't get an account backup made by cPanel on a severely overloaded (30+ on 8 "cpus", 90%+ disk) server.

@Francisco It's good that you're not taking new signups on a server running at capacity. Even though I was disappointed not to be able to join.

By default cPanel calculates a safe load to do things at, but that safe load is usually a good bit less than what your max is (so it doesn't lag you I guess). The issue we've had is that over the past few months we've seen a large increase in what work loads people are trying to run on shared so things can get a bit mental at times.

More cores will help with that. We're not changing the load outs customer wise on the nodes, just nearly doubling the total available cores and more cache.

Francisco

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited November 2017

Giving my shout out to @mikho. Great service from a great guy!

Thanked by 2WSS mikho
  • I remember noticing the high loads on the buyshared box but still found it to be responsive, both at the shell prompt and in serving pages (at least my lightweight, static ones). I guess 24 cores explains it. If the load average is smaller than the number of cores most of the time, you are doing ok.

• vimalwarevimalware Member
    edited November 2017

I'm only listing providers I have complete faith in :

Year round value providers:

• @ultravps [.eu] (ZFS-ssd disk, uptime and price per GB-ram)
    • if you need dedi-cpu-thread KVM : BuyVM Slices, Prometeus LPAR (italy only though) and Hosthatch (nvme SSD)
    • ssd large Ram OpenVZ for typical LAMP site : VpsDime (@serverian) , Overzold (a Prometeus brand )
    • Hetzner Auction servers : you can often get a decent E3+32GB ecc for under 33 euros/m .

Bookmark for next BF/CM/sale :

• HIGH performance ssd KVM : @liteserver , Hosthatch(
    • Gen-purpose ssd/cached KVM: @AnthonySmith @ultravps @dediserve
    • reliable OpenVz Storage vps: small: @liteserver 100GB, 200GB
    • reliable KVM storage: I'd probably go with @ultravps again, if I didn't already have unfilled dedi hard disks.
    • Ovz pool : ImpactVPS during next 50% sale or double deposit promo.

NAT vps: @mikho , and LowendSpirit (when stock releases next.)

• OseriOseri Member
    edited November 2017

In my personal experience crowncloud.net (@SpeedBus) and wishosting.com (@exception0x876) are reliable and have friendly and helpful support)

Thanked by 1SpeedBus
  • @corbpie said:
    Buy shared. Stable and dedicated ip. But one hell of an overloaded server

Convert dynamic websites to static and they'll fly no matter the server load. WP super cache plugin for example is top notch for WordPress setups on buyshared.

• tarasistarasis Member
    edited December 2017

Thus far I've used

• VPSDime (LET 7$/y Birthday special from 2014, idles mostly, also used as a US VPN),
    • Online.net (Dedicated server with 1TB HDD for email, http, owncloud, storage)
    • Aruba (Small Cloud server for 1€ a month in the UK, used for occasional UK VPN),
    • Time4VPS (cheap 3y deal for 1TB Storage Server for backups)
    • XVMLabs (3$/y stupidly cheap server with 4 IP4 addresses, idles)
    • VirMach (8$/y Elite+ just got it as part of the Cyber Monday deals).

I've found Online.net to be very good, although the HDD is painfully slow. Its nice having cores that are all mine and I can hammer if/when I want to.

That said I am probably going to move away from using it in the next couple of years and use a combination of a cheap VPS and maybe @jarland's MXRoute. As much as I enjoy running my own setup, and it allows me to keep my hand in the tech world, after 15 years of self hosting i would rather not have to think about why some server has decided not to accept my email.

VPSDime has been reliable, and they gave a free spec upgrade at one point. Aruba's disk has been snappy although the network seemed slow (been a while since I benched it). Time4VPS is sluggish but the price was worth it.

Thanked by 2uptime quick
  • Despite what some people have said, I've had VirMach for over a year, and have nothing to complain about, now that their OVZ monitoring is a bit less Hitler. Their KVMs just work and it's rare to even notice they're there, because I just don't have problems with them. No IPv6.

I've also had MNX.io KVMs, and never a single issue- other than the clientele don't tend to read their forum, and neither do they. Still no IPv6. :(

• @WSS said:
    Despite what some people have said, I've had VirMach for over a year, and have nothing to complain about, now that their OVZ monitoring is a bit less Hitler. Their KVMs just work and it's rare to even notice they're there, because I just don't have problems with them. No IPv6.

I've also had MNX.io KVMs, and never a single issue- other than the clientele don't tend to read their forum, and neither do they. Still no IPv6. :(

#bigdicks