Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FraudRecord.com Revamp? AMAZING!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

FraudRecord.com Revamp? AMAZING!

MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

It looks like FR guys are working on it...
https://fraudrecord.com/

I'm excited to see what's coming ;-)

Any suggestions for the FR guys?

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

That's been on FR for an age now, and I still hate a sponsor-based business model, just charge me!

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

This has been for long time @harzem

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@AnthonySmith said:
    That's been on FR for an age now, and I still hate a sponsor-based business model, just charge me!

I honestly had not seen it before, but it has been a while since I last visited FR TBH... I thought they were working on it :-(.

@hostdare said:
    This has been for long time @harzem

@Harzem, any news?

• hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

AnthonySmith said: I still hate a sponsor-based business model, just charge me!

Yeah definitely that would be more profits for him if starts free and premium service instead of sponsor model

Well, it is a service, i do use it for business, I cant account for a regular 'donation' to a none registered charity, it is literally making it near impossible for everyone to properly support financially.

Thanked by 3hostdare klikli MikePT
  • Everyone's here is correct.

1. The "update" notice has been there for a while, for a few reasons that I won't waste your time with explaining. It's still in the works, going a little slower than I anticipated. The existing system is very limited, with SMF forum integration and not much else. Even the API is a single file called api/index.php written in procedural code.

2. The new system, which is taking forever to complete, has a completely new code base. There won't be a single line of code from the old system to be ported to the new system. It has everything from company accounts with multiple logins to two-factor authentication with backup codes. The API is also getting a ton of new features, I may write another post explaining new features later.

3. It's switching to a paid model, with a free tier. The good news is the "free tier" is exactly what it is right now, unlimited queries and reports. The "company verification" is getting more serious, with domain verification and such. The paid tiers will have all the extra features. Something like $9/mo will get you some extras with limits, up to $50/mo which will mean you get everything.

4. Report quality will be increased (in time), with report voting, customer responses, and finally a proper "reliability" score per-report. One-liner reports will lose credibility and better reports will let you increase your reliability.

5. The new features will be as helpful as the current report points, so the total helpfulness of the system will at least double. It will be like you have access to a whole new anti-fraud information alongside current FR. In addition to how "unreliable" a potential customer is, you will be able to see how "reliable" they are as well. You will also be able to monitor your existing customers continuously, if they are reported for chargeback by another company, you may take precautions before they hit you as well.

6. I'm also developing ways for customers to watch for reports on them or respond to reports. I'm also adding a new automated removal feature, but's it's a little complicated and I'm still working on details.

7. I'm even changing the hashing algorithm, with a clever way to make it backwards-compatible. The old API will still be working, and the new API will have better features.

8. On top of it, I'm launching a new anti-fraud system after FR is revamped. It will most likely starts as free or almost free, like FR, and once it gains traction it may become paid. It's different from FR, maxmind or fraudlabs. It doesn't give you fraud points. It's something related to verification of customer. It may help you accept some chinese/vietnamese customers with ~100% trust. Traditional pricing structure (like $9/mo) won't work on this, it's not a service you can simply buy access to. I may end up making it free and look for other monetizing options, because I may not be able to figure out a pricing model.

The new FR codebase is extendable, it will be a basis for the new system too. I'm developing something generic that I can use on both FR and the new one. It's causing delays to the release of the new FR but it will make it easier to release the other one.

All in all, it's taking more time than I initially anticipiated. I appreciate any donation at this time, which will help me do less work in unrelated projects and focus more on FR.

Thanked by 3trewq MikePT WSCallum

@Harzem,

If you can issue invoices, somehow, that may work, as at least EU companies can't just donate. We need a proper invoice for accountability purposes. That being said, we'd be willing to donate something even though it's not the best time for us to right now, as we'd love to do a much bigger location.

I'd suggest you to rush doing it, think of it as... Something that may get you a permanent income. Until it's ready, you depend on donations and those are really hard to do if you represent a company.

• MikePT said: I'd suggest you to rush doing it, think of it as... Something that may get you a permanent income. Until it's ready, you depend on donations and those are really hard to do if you represent a company.

That's why I'm pulling all nighters :(

I can issue invoices with the new registered company if anyone requests. Once the new version is out, everyone will get invoices.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • MikeAMikeA Member, Patron Provider

Either way, appreciate the work, FraudRecord has been very helpful in the current state.

• BlaZeBlaZe Member, Host Rep
    edited November 2017

I'll send you a cookie @Harzem, when the new FraudRecord is up :D

(Good work btw, you save us from bigger mess & headaches :))

• cubedatacubedata Member, Patron Provider

@BlaZe said:
    I'll send you a cookie @Harzem, when the new FraudRecord is up :D

(Good work btw, you save us from bigger mess & headaches :))

I agree FraudRecord has saved me and many other providers headaches and prevented them from happening to start with.

• If somewhere down the line you set up a gofundme and there are some sweet deals on the paid service for backing it... let me know :P

• @caniac22 said:
    If somewhere down the line you set up a gofundme and there are some sweet deals on the paid service for backing it... let me know :P

$1000 tier - one free "whitelist".

(I kid, I kid. This isn't even funny, but does seem to be the way that certain mail DB systems work.)

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited November 2017

Quote from site

We are aware of difficulties you are facing while dealing with our existing infrastructure and customer care. We are improving everything. Until we launch the new system, you can still contact us for any issues.

I sent them a request for removal and didn't receive a response. Most of us understand 'real world' issues of creating a system, covering all angles etc but essentially the service is still lop-sided and potentially defames customers and prevents them from doing business due to frivolous reports.

e.g. me, I'm a paying customer of over 500 providers and I've had a couple of instances where a 2014 report prevents me from buying a service, or delays the provisioning of it. FWIW I've spent $xxxxx with many LET providers, no issues at all.

If they build a system that helps customers as well as providers, great. Until then, it's a platform for providers to blackball customers on a whim.

Still, it's not really an easy problem to solve because it tends to be two people with a version of events, probably why such a service never existed until now.

@Harzem I cant wait to start paying you :)

• I'd love to see my FR. "I think this is WSS."

Thanked by 1sin
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    @Harzem I cant wait to start paying you :)

How much per month? :P I recommend the $50 package for maximum utilization of the new features and maximum profit for me. It's a win-win!

Harzem said: How much per month? :P I recommend the $50 package for maximum utilization of the new features and maximum profit for me. It's a win-win!

bargain!

@Harzem,

Maybe you need help to handle reports / something else?

Will gladly help you, and many other people would surely help as well.
    @AnthonySmith has been a very supportive FR host, not referring to money, but actually showing its value and would of course contribute (he said this many times, right @AnthonySmith? :P).

That being said, we all hope FR gets a revamp, I mean, it has a lot of potential, but you need to focus on it for a few days. I'm sure you're pretty fast developing, so just do it :p.

To all others, just leave instructions on how to donate, and how you can issue the invoice, @Harzem.

• HxxxHxxx Member
    edited November 2017

@Harzem ,

1- Poor design. Looks nice for a 1999 website. Bootstrap that shit, make it responsive.

2- This is getting serious, an organization, cool, make sure you have good lawyers because having the kind of sensitive information you guys have, is unethical, maybe debatable. Even if we are talking about scores and hashes. You get it, we get it. With power comes great responsibility. Make sure you filter the shitty host that fill your system with false information from the legit ones. Also make sure users are able to see their information. For example... the usual credit report, everyone can see their credit report, the scores and the likes.

Bootstrap that shit. Don't like bootstrap? Plenty of alternatives. You can always percent the widths all day long.

• Thanked by 1Hxxx
  • I'd rather die rather than use bootstrap.

Luckily I'm a designer already, and have a few other ways to make the new website mobile-friendly.

Thanked by 3mikho uptime WSS
  • Harzem said: Luckily I'm a designer already

Seems you are heavily focused on hosting providers with your designs. A ton of minecraft hosts. Very impressive portfolio!