Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best hosting control panel - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best hosting control panel

2»

Comments

• After some experimentation, I currently have zPanel and Installatron Remote for one VPS, Webuzo (which is pretty much a standalone Softaculous) for another. Both are noob-friendly and require pretty much zero effort to install.

I give zPanel the win for ease of use as it doesn't come with a lot of options but is amazing with core stuff: one-click generation of DNS zone records, pre-setup E-mail, etc. It also feels more familiar when coming from cPanel. Support is done on the forums unless you pay for premium support.

Webuzo gets the win for flexibility, allowing you to choose from LAMP/LEMP/no stack during install, 1-click install/uninstall/management of a crap ton of various software (it even lets you have both Apache and nginx or different PHP versions that you can turn on and off at will). Can get a bit confusing if you don't know what each piece of software does, as installation of nginx and the like is one-click but there's not much in the way of helping you configure them for good usage. Support can be handled through tickets or the forum, and looks superb, actually, as they're willing to get into your server and fix things, but I just don't like giving out my root details.

One thing to note is that neither comes with CSF, other security-related tools, or advanced (aka confusing to me) stuff that you might find on Webmin.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Any cree panel that you can add gmail apps's DNS sertings ajtomatically?

• love directadmin, but need some tweak..

• 365Networks365Networks Member
    edited September 2013

ISPConfig without a doubt for the free side of things. Webmin is a great choice as well but it is more designed for light server administration rather then hosting websites. Virtualmin is just too ugly for the average user.

Do not use zPanel.

• zpanel is fun to use (:

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@budulay said:
    VestaCP to collection

Bumping an old thread to say that since I saw you say this, I've been using this. I just paid $60 for a year of support because, like cPanel, they have their own way of doing things and I'd like to see how they address a minor SSL issue I had. I'm stepping this up to "recommended" status on my personal list when asked.

• +1 Webmin/Virtualmin for free purposes, the paid non gpl virtmin/cloudmin is ok too.

• cPanel is best.If you need web hosting,I would suggest you to get it from http://www.9cubehosting.com/ at low price.It is Linux based web hosting.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Bart said:
    cPanel is best.If you need web hosting,I would suggest you to get it from http://www.9cubehosting.com/ at low price.It is Linux based web hosting.

Party foul.