Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

vpn help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

vpn help

i don't know exactly how my requirements is called. basically if i have a small office (5-10 people), and then i want to allow connection to their network from home , how do i set that up? which software should i be looking at? Do I need a vps for that? I don't have static public ip from office or at home, just dynamic from internet provider. thanks in advance

Comments

• You may wish to have a router running dd-wrt. Then you can set up PPTP server, and bridge connections into internal network. Yes you can set up dynamic dns on it.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Ah, also you need to have a strong uplink from your office network, at least 4Mbit/s, otherwise it's a pain to connect and work. If you have a modem in front of the router, set the router to be dmz host or forward all ports to that router.

• Maybe just 3mbs down and 1.5mbps uplink. Will probably be just accessing internal webserver, no remote desktop.

• The above dd-wrt level mentioned method was suggested as it's the most simplistic for entire networks, Id also suggest that since your asking :)

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • If you're in the UK, I have a DD-WRT router that I can flog you. D-Link model DIR615.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • Thank you @asterisk14 but I'm very far from you.