Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for US Dedi, got shafted by poor Incero service for BF deal.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for US Dedi, got shafted by poor Incero service for BF deal.

Want a US based dedi for development and light plex duties. 1-2TB storage, 3000+ passmark (basically anything better than an atom, or maybe the c2750). Location in America, closer to the Bay Area the better. Gigabit port. Don't care about RAM, don't need a lot of bandwidth. I'm working with an intern's salary and $35/month is stretching my budget. I just want something geographically close and responsive.

I've already cancelled my other servers in Paris for an Incero BF deal. (passmark 8k, 4x1TB, gigabit port, I put in an order, got a message that said "we need to speak with you to verify your identity", opened a ticket with my contact info, came back tonight to check on it and found everything cancelled. Fairly quick responses were in the ticketing system, but no emails, no phone calls, nothing I would notice. Just cancelled. So now I need something.

Thanked by 1HaendlerIT

Comments

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

you can find on i3 or i5 desktop solution

https://www.wholesaleinternet.net/dedicated/

• gisadikgisadik Banned, Member
    edited November 2017

got shafted by poor Incero service for BF deal.

No, you shafted yourself by not paying for your order on Friday. Your card was declined and you were auto ticketed, and then updated by staff within 10 minutes saying you needed to call your bank and find out why the card was declined and that you needed to send us a scan of your card the first 12 numbers blocked out.

Auto Bot 11/24/2017 09:51

Log:

Type: charge.failed
    Card Country: US
    Card Type: ****
    Card Last 4: ****
    Transaction ID: ch_1BRjSC2ME74Ko3WXI9*******

Ticket auto opened as such detailing what you needed to do, but you didn't check it until Sunday.

--

Posted on Friday 24th November at 10:02
    You will also need to call your bank and find out why they declined the transaction. Their decline triggered your account lock.

Payment declined by customer's bank
    The bank returned the decline code do_not_honor. Learn more about declines.

TLDR; you not paying for your order and then wanting the promo 2 days later on Sunday is not poor service.

• DamianDamian Member
    edited November 2017

Man, I've never understood that. Why do people do something with a provider (order service, send in a support ticket, whatever) then immediately smack the power button on their computer and disappear for days?

• @gisadik I didn't order anything but I want free shit. C'mon now!

Thanked by 1gisadik
  • hostdarehostdare Member, Patron Provider

@Damian said:

where is the car pic now ? :D

• deankdeank Member, Troll
    edited November 2017

lol, OP only wanted to sound cool. I guess he will check this thread back in 2 days or so.

• hostdare said: where is the car pic now ? :D

>

I have an unlimited supply, only the most relevant ones are chosen to succeed.

Thanked by 1hostdare
  • MasonRMasonR Community Contributor
    edited November 2017

@gisadik - you work for Incero too?

Ahh... nvm. Didn't realize SpeedyKVM was a brand of Incero

Thanked by 1SpeedyKVM
  • painfreepcpainfreepc Member
    edited November 2017

@gisadik said:

No, you shafted yourself by not paying for your order on Friday. Your card was declined and you were auto ticketed, and then updated by staff within 10 minutes saying you needed to call your bank and find out why the card was declined and that you needed to send us a scan of your card the first 12 numbers blocked out.

Log:

Ticket auto opened as such detailing what you needed to do, but you didn't check it until Sunday.

--

You will also need to call your bank and find out why they declined the transaction. Their decline triggered your account lock.

TLDR; you not paying for your order and then wanting the promo 2 days later on Sunday is not poor service.

I ordered a Incero server, sent the photo of my CC, did not even call my bank,
    I was did in 10 minutes, No Problems..

Thanked by 2SpeedyKVM gisadik
  • @Damian said:
    Man, I've never understood that. Why do people do something with a provider (order service, send in a support ticket, whatever) then immediately smack the power button on their computer and disappear for days?

I was meeting my girlfriends family and staying with them for a few days. Not polite to spend all day on the computer. Gotta leave a good impression. Also I opened a ticket with all my contact info, so I was waiting for that push notification that said I had an email from Incero.

@gisadik said:

Log:

--

>
    >

Sorry about the misunderstanding and I'm sorry it didn't work out. I think there's opportunity for both of us to perceive how these systems appear to the people on the other side of them.

Your payment processor uses Stripe and Stripe had an old card saved for my account. The first transaction was declined as I mashed 'pay' buttons to get through quickly. I updated my card info after that first failed attempt and everything seemed to go through. Maybe my bank did decline a second transaction as well, but I didn't get notifications from my card provider about a strange/fraudulent transaction like I normally would for a declined charge.

The thing that got me was that the landing page after I thought I had paid said that my order had been queued but you need to "speak" with me to verify my identity. That's a misleading message if the transaction failed. Also I opened a ticket with all my contact info, including phone number. I thought "Hopefully those salespeople are home with their families for the holiday. Since they need to speak with me I'm sure they'll call me when they return to work. If the ticket updates I'm sure I will receive an email notification." Lots of incorrect assumptions on my part based on my past experiences. That's all.

I'm still looking for a good provider, so maybe we'll meet again.

• edited December 2017

@deank said:
    lol, OP only wanted to sound cool. I guess he will check this thread back in 2 days or so.

(1 week later) Shit man, I don't have that kind of time!

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

Maybe you could contact them and try to solve it?

• tarasistarasis Member
    edited December 2017

Ignore

• @tarasis said:
    Man I'm kinda curious what the Dedi deal was for "Paris for an Incero BF deal. (passmark 8k, 4x1TB, gigabit port"

(sorry, i shouldn't be nosey just considering upgrading from my Online.net dedibox 8GB/1TB, and weighing options)

He's saying "cancelled servers in Paris; for an Incero BF deal". Not sure if you misunderstood him, or I misunderstood you.

• @msg7086 said:
    He's saying "cancelled servers in Paris; for an Incero BF deal". Not sure if you misunderstood him, or I misunderstood you.

Yup I misunderstood. I assumed when he wrote that he cancelled other services in paris for the Incero deal, that the new deal was also for Paris.

• op got roasted hard.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

@Hxxx said:
    op got roasted hard.

Tough. Why would anyone cancel any services until the new one is provisioned and migration completed ? Things happen. Plan for the worst, hope for the best.

• #dicks