Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pay-per-hour alternative to Scaleway
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Pay-per-hour alternative to Scaleway

Hey guys,

I am currently using Scaleway's entry VPS and am quite satisfied with it.
Only problem: From time to time it would be nice to have a little bit more storage than the 50gb provided by Scaleway.

Is there any good alternative to Scaleway in the pay-per-hour business?

Comments

• Vultr?

Thanked by 1Host4Go
  • mmuyskensmmuyskens Member, Host Rep

Vultr, or Digital Ocean?

• Tbh.: On a quick look the price ration didn't seem to be better than at Scaleway.

• In their NJ location you used to be able to setup free block storage. Might be worth it for your use if that's still the case.

• Cheapest hourly I've found is iwStack; you always pay a premium for hourly vs full month. You could also look at Lunanode, great service.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

We do hourly in London. What specs are you looking at? We can try something

Thanked by 1uptime
  • +1 for LunaNode, service has been very good so far, a bit more expensive than Scaleway but better. And cheaper than all other alternatives I have found.

• neik said: little bit more storage than the 50gb provided by Scaleway.

The bigger Scaleways come with more disk space, and you can also add it at $1 per 50GB which is crazy cheap for SSD, even that weird network SSD that they use.

• uptimeuptime Member
    edited November 2017

Another +1 for Lunanode - their resizable block storage volumes at $0.03 per GB per month (with hourly billing) have been good gravy for my storage turkey - nice to have in the mix even if a little rich for a main course

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

LunaNode, CA + FR locations

• Take a look at mnx.io storage instances too:

https://mnx.io/pricing/

Thanked by 2WSS uptime
  • Gandi.net Cloud, not the cheapest on the market but very good. Xen, IPv6-only if you're Mr Cheapo...

• @neik said:
    Only problem: From time to time it would be nice to have a little bit more storage than the 50gb provided by Scaleway.

You do know that scaleway allows you to add more volumes to your server right? At about 1usd per 50gb/month.

Thanked by 2uptime Lee
  • vfusevfuse Member, Host Rep

@teamacc said:

@neik said:

You do know that scaleway allows you to add more volumes to your server right? At about 1usd per 50gb/month.

Not on the small instances anymore.

• @Shot2 said:
    Gandi.net Cloud, not the cheapest on the market but very good. Xen, IPv6-only if you're Mr Cheapo...

It's insanely expensive.

• OVH public cloud. You can add additional disks to all flavors.

• vfuse said: Not on the small instances anymore.

But the 4gb ram instance comes with 100gb of ssd and is still ridiculously cheap at 0.012 euro/hour (6 euro/month). What is the application if I can ask?

OVH public cloud sounds good but is quite expensive. I haven't tried yet. Everything I could see doing on it is much cheaper on a budget dedi.

• Thanks a lot for all this feedback!

Did I understand it correctly, that only the smallest VPS at Scaleway has a fixed storage and all the others I can add more?

To be honest, I would rather stick with Scaleway than change to another provider. The connection to my ISP is awesome and I get way more network speed on my VPS than the promised 200Mbit (I have like 60MB down/upload).

• To my knowledge you can only add additional storage to the BareMetal SSD Cloud Servers. But its better to ask Scaleway!

• Alibabacloud.com or if you are in Germany via Vodafone, with free 24x7 german tech-support and german bill, but same price: vodafone.de/alibaba

One hint: ECS Pay-As-You-Go=VPC on hourly base -> they have cheap starter plans

• rick2610 said: To my knowledge you can only add additional storage to the BareMetal SSD Cloud Servers. But its better to ask Scaleway!

What? Me worry?

• LeeLee Veteran

rick2610 said: To my knowledge you can only add additional storage to the BareMetal SSD Cloud Servers. But its better to ask Scaleway!

You can add storage to any product in Scaleway.