Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for GPU - Server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for GPU - Server

TchngTchng Member
edited November 2017 in Requests

Hi,

I'm looking for a cheap but yet powerful server with a dedicated GPU.

CPU >=E3
RAM >= 8GB
GPU >= 1060
Storage >= 250GB (SSD prefered)

Come on, guys. Its BF-Weekend and CM! ;)
Can talk about set-up fees or stuff like that if required.

Comments

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

What kind of GPU?

Budget? Purpose is for mining?

• Doubt you'd ever make any profit with a rented server... GPU at least a GTX 1060.

ML / AI / CAD is the main purpose. Might abuse it as an 'always-on desktop' as well.

Budget is as required.
    Currently best offer is the Hetzner Box with a lot of features I do not need.

Traffic will be low.

• can offer you a transfer of hetzner gpu box for lower setup

• williewillie Member
    edited November 2017

Other than Hetzner I only know of this:

http://dedispec.com/gpu.php

Hmm Ikoula has an E3-1230v5 GTX 1070 for 120 eur/mo with no setup, kind of interesting.

Dedispec in the past (don't know about now) was willing to let you ship them your own GPU card and they'd set up in your server so you didn't have to rent it.

OVH Public Cloud and Paperspace.com have some hourly gpu instances. Expensive when scaled to monthly, but gives an easy way to do something quick.

Thanked by 1Ikoula
  • Dedispec will probably be one of cheaper ones since they are in middle of nowhere with almost no land/power cost prolly

• ikoula is offering a dedicated server with a GTX 1070 for 119€. I was to lazy to register and find out if the 50% BF deal can be applied on that one.

Can't say anything about the provider though, never been with them.

https://express.ikoula.com/en/dedicated-server

• DedispecDedispec Member, Patron Provider

@willie - We aren't offering the "send your own GPU" program at the moment, but it will come back eventually again :)

• @Dedispec

How about some CyberMonday discount on the GPU series then? ;)
    Or a one-time payment CM special to lower the monthly cost?