Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Shared hosting on virmach.com versus vpshared.com - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Shared hosting on virmach.com versus vpshared.com

2»

Comments

• ntaylor said: I'm about a month into vpshared.com now, and I am extremely happy with the value.

It started of well for me but now its so slow! It makes Buyshared look like a cheetah

• @ntaylor said:
    I'm about a month into vpshared.com now, and I am extremely happy with the value.

So you signed up in 2016 and 2/4 of your posts are VPShared related...?

• Keep in mind there is no such thing as unlimited, but more of fair use with ability to burst in rare occasions. I recommend deciding which one meetings your minimum needs.. then see which one meets your needs within the next 5 years. No need to overshoot it... be pragmatic. Either way, a move may be needed in a few years depending on the traffic and other needs.

• @corbpie said:

ntaylor said: I'm about a month into vpshared.com now, and I am extremely happy with the value.

It started of well for me but now its so slow! It makes Buyshared look like a cheetah

I'm coming from BlueHost, so that (awful) speed is my benchmark. Then again all my shared hosting needs could be solved by going static and using S3, as I barely use anything like PHP, Email, etc ... So my expectations are pretty low.

• I was concidering getting a plan from VPShared for a small wordpress site the other day. Any experience using them running a small site? No plugins, basic setup, about 1K visits a day.

• @Saragoldfarb said:
    I was concidering getting a plan from VPShared for a small wordpress site the other day. Any experience using them running a small site? No plugins, basic setup, about 1K visits a day.

Hell, even ServerHand cound handle that.

• @WSS said:

@Saragoldfarb said:
    I was concidering getting a plan from VPShared for a small wordpress site the other day. Any experience using them running a small site? No plugins, basic setup, about 1K visits a day.

Lol, it's not resource heavy I know but I never really tested virmach. Usually I just get a buyshared and be done with it but thought this would be a nice occasion to try them. Don't mind if it turns out to be some bucks wasted in the end but I do mind the hassle of moving things over. It's a family members blog and promised to get him sorted. Definitely don't wanna deal with any whining ;)

• @WSS said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

That's like 15 visitors every hour. Even HVH servers will handle it without any problems.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • There are plenty of just-fine providers if you want shared hosting. @Cam, @mikho, @VirMach, et al. I haven't used VPShared directly, but I've had no complaints from indirect-reference-related-to-prices.

• @WSS said:
    There are plenty of just-fine providers if you want shared hosting. @Cam, @mikho, @VirMach, et al. I haven't used VPShared directly, but I've had no complaints from indirect-reference-related-to-prices.

Cheers. I'll have a look. As long as the host can keep the node up it should be fine.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Saragoldfarb said:

@WSS said:
    There are plenty of just-fine providers if you want shared hosting. @Cam, @mikho, @VirMach, et al. I haven't used VPShared directly, but I've had no complaints from indirect-reference-related-to-prices.

Cheers. I'll have a look. As long as the host can keep the node up it should be fine.

Phoenix hasn’t had any unplanned downtime in a long time.

• @mikho said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@WSS said:

Thanks. Having a lot of locations is a big pro. Are all ckages on cpanel? Just asking as some specifically mention it in the name and some don't.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Saragoldfarb said:

@mikho said:

@Saragoldfarb said:

@WSS said:

Thanks. Having a lot of locations is a big pro. Are all ckages on cpanel? Just asking as some specifically mention it in the name and some don't.

All packages are cpanel.
    If you need a global setting changed and I agree on the advantages I’ve changed settings before.

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb
  • @Saragoldfarb said:

I use VPShared for small Wordpress sites. Although their shared hostings are slow, it's ok for my purpose.

For important sites, I suggest you use their VPS which are very good ;)

Thanked by 1Saragoldfarb