Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated Server Required - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated Server Required

Comments

• rock paper scissor

• @vmhaus thanks for that but also i am asking for opinion about the recommended budget as i said before. pay to test strategy is really wired point of view . but since you are sure of that can you tell me which providers will have my requirements and provide the paid test area?

• @WSS said:
    rock paper scissor

for your age i am sure you have something more mature .. come on let us know your strategy .
    judging without strategy is N00B concept which i doubt you are

• Double blind test. You deposit cash with a provider, you test their network, and then you choose to use them or not! Then you stab both of your eyes out with a writing implement.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@DaTa said:
    @vmhaus thanks for that but also i am asking for opinion about the recommended budget as i said before. pay to test strategy is really wired point of view . but since you are sure of that can you tell me which providers will have my requirements and provide the paid test area?

The only guy on this forum willing to be this flexible I'd say is Clouvider. As a customer of his, I'm sure Anthony & his other customers will vouch for that.

Thanked by 1DaTa
  • @WSS this is called moneywasteridot strategy .. you should at least look at vmhaus strategy of trial .

• @vmhaus thanks .. let's see @clouvider is willing to offer someting or not :) thanks a lot for your help

• @Clouvider isn't in the business of giving away free machines, last I checked. Good luck finding a reputable host who will give you a week for free.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@DaTa said:
    @vmhaus thanks .. let's see @clouvider is willing to offer someting or not :) thanks a lot for your help

From our last conversation earlier today, he's at the DC provisioning orders from Black Friday. Should be about soon

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

I can arrange the private network and probably the 2x 500GB SSDs, but would be no where near the OP's budget. And definitely no trial.

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

No one can offer you E3, 32GB and 2x500GB SSD for $40/mo.

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

Hi, nothing cheaper than those I'm afraid.

https://console.clouvider.co.uk/cart/black-friday-2017-sale/&step=0

Private network, including across sites is not a problem.

Thank you all for the recommendation.

• randvegetarandvegeta Member, Host Rep

Why do you need SSDs?

Private network is not a problem for any provider who has their own HW but your budget is really too low. The SSDs make it even more tricky.

If you don't mind a couple gens old (E3v2 or E5v1) and using HDDs, and your actual public data transfer is actually relatively low, then it may be possible.

But 100Mbit cost more than $40 with a few exceptions so if you really hammer that 100Mbit, it's pretty much an impossibility.

However, you said this is for a lab for students essentially, which means they should not actually be using that much REAL traffic. It should be mostly local traffic, which is fine. But if you need even a modest amount of bandwidth, running in the cheapest locales, then with HDDs, I do not see this going for less than $60 /month.

Now for the 'free trial' part. What exactly do yo want to test? Since you are asking about dedicated servers, it should not be a test of the hardware since you should know whether or not the hardware meets your requirements prior to testing. So it should be just about testing the network. In which case, what are your network requirements? You have not listed this.

Try and be more specific about what it is you are looking for and what are your must haves. Then you might get some offers.

• @GTHost said:
    No one can offer you E3, 32GB and 2x500GB SSD for $40/mo.

what standar price for that spec?

• GTHostGTHost Member, Patron Provider

with cheap SSD's - $70-80/mo.

with enterprise SSD's - $90-110/mo.

GTHost said: with enterprise SSD's - $90-110/mo.

Assuming 'entry level Enterprise'. High end enterprise SSDs cost a small fortune!

• ZareZare Member, Host Rep

You're going to need a RAID card in that configuration too if you want to use RAID-1 with ESXI - it doesn't support fake RAID.

Zare said: You're going to need a RAID card in that configuration too if you want to use RAID-1 with ESXI - it doesn't support fake RAID.

Forgot about that. Too true.

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

Flash sale:

25% extra discount for the first 5 clients using Promo code: CM25

Cyber Monday deal on Mailchannels SMTP relay and Outbound spam filtering: 10k emails/month 50% discount on annual payment (recurring) 39€ / year + VAT (VAT is only applied to EU clients without EU VAT number).

ORDER HERE

• @gleert said:
    Flash sale:

25% extra discount for the first 5 clients using Promo code: CM25

Cyber Monday deal on Mailchannels SMTP relay and Outbound spam filtering: 10k emails/month 50% discount on annual payment (recurring) 39€ / year + VAT (VAT is only applied to EU clients without EU VAT number).

ORDER HERE

I'm unsure how this offer is linked to this thread exactly but okay.

• @Clouvider said:
    Hi, nothing cheaper than those I'm afraid.

https://console.clouvider.co.uk/cart/black-friday-2017-sale/&step=0

Private network, including across sites is not a problem.

Thank you all for the recommendation.

Link not working

• @GTHost said:
    with cheap SSD's - $70-80/mo.

with enterprise SSD's - $90-110/mo.

And if not SSD?

• ClouviderClouvider Member, Patron Provider

This offer is over I’m afraid. Black Friday offers were stretch until Sunday. What was left was sold on the early hours of Cyber Monday thanks to @Nekki.

We won’t be able to match the Black Friday prices I’m afraid, sorry :-(

• @Clouvider said:
    This offer is over I’m afraid. Black Friday offers were stretch until Sunday. What was left was sold on the early hours of Cyber Monday thanks to @Nekki.

We won’t be able to match the Black Friday prices I’m afraid, sorry :-(

Who said I need Black Friday offer ?

• @DaTa said:
    Who said I need Black Friday offer ?

Your budget did. @Clouvider doesn’t usually do servers at $40.

Thanked by 1Clouvider
  • @nekki I asked multiple times about the proper budget

• AuroraZAuroraZ Barred
    edited November 2017

If U.S. is not a problem check out http://dacentec.com

• @DaTa said:
    @nekki I asked multiple times about the proper budget

Nope.

• @Nekki said:

@DaTa said:

Nope

Check the thread page1
    Any how here is it again what is the proper budget :)

• @DaTa said:

@Nekki said:

@DaTa said:

Nope

Check the thread page1
    Any how here is it again what is the proper budget :)

Check my reply where I said ‘Nope’.

I hope this concludes matters.