Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is your opinion about ASmallOrange for Cloud VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is your opinion about ASmallOrange for Cloud VPS

What is your opinion about ASmallOrange for Cloud VPS. They are offering cloud VPS along with cPanel. Let me know if you have any better providers for their price.

Comments

• HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

Hot trash. Like, don't even bother. Slightest CPU usage (under-optimized WP site with a few dozen visits a day) and they cap your CPU for hours - making it unusable.

A friend had one for his business, after 10 months of capping processes + downtime I just ended up moving him to a Ramnode shared hosting plan and the site performs at least 10x better.

• nithins said: Let me know if you have any better providers for their price.

Y'know those prices are for the first month right? At the recurring price of $22 per month for a 2 GB VM with 30 GB of disk, literally anyone here is a better provider for their price.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • HarambeHarambe Member, Host Rep

@Damian said:
    Y'know those prices are for the first month right?

It's one-time but applies to longer terms. Either way, it's shit.

• It's EIG, so just no

Thanked by 1raindog308
  • Well I mean for the price... is kind of equivalent to any shitty LET here, in that case better go with ASO. The cpanel license alone make that VPS worth. At 85% off first year, toss for the next year.

Thanked by 1VirtualByte
  • Wouldn't it be possible (in theory) to buy their cheapest Cloud VPS (3.30$ /month) and use the cPanel license on another VPS, from a decent provider?

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@luissousa said:
    Wouldn't it be possible (in theory) to buy their cheapest Cloud VPS (3.30$ /month) and use the cPanel license on another VPS, from a decent provider?

No. These are internal licenses set to the VPS IP.

• LeeLee Veteran

Used to be good in the early days, but not so much now and EIG only made it worse.

Thanked by 2jetchirag iKeyZ
  • C'mon dont be naive. @WSS throw some light into this human being.

@MikePT said:

@luissousa said:
    Wouldn't it be possible (in theory) to buy their cheapest Cloud VPS (3.30$ /month) and use the cPanel license on another VPS, from a decent provider?

No. These are internal licenses set to the VPS IP.

• @Hxxx said:
    C'mon dont be naive. @WSS throw some light into this human being.

It's El Cheapo.

Thanked by 1MikePT
  • Oh boy

• ASmallOrangeEigClownNose

Thanked by 1WSS
  • An alternate solution with the same Priceline..?

• Vultr, 1 GB ram. Five dollars a month, add cPanel if you need that, fifteen dollars. That's two dollars cheaper.

Thanked by 1nithins
  • @emgh said:
    Vultr, 1 GB ram. Five dollars a month, add cPanel if you need that, fifteen dollars. That's two dollars cheaper.

$2 cheaper but at least you keep your mind sane and healthy.

• EIG = Elephant Intestinal Gateway

• @WSS said:

EIG = Elephant Intestinal Gateway

Embedded Intercourse Graphics.

• @Damian said:
    Y'know those prices are for the first month right? At the recurring price of $22 per month for a 2 GB VM with 30 GB of disk, literally anyone here is a better provider for their price.

Ramnode charges $10/m for the 2Gb KVM VPS. What is there to think about?

• I have a plan on asmallorange and always need to ask to renew WHM license.
    https://i.gyazo.com/928c1baeb383393dab1ff119984c5290.png

• I had a contact who was tied with small orange and he was shit too...

No way for this company... Not for LET users.

• Thanked by 1mailinabox
  • I highly NOT recommend them. I registered for a 3-year package with cPanel, and in more than 1 years, the cPanel license have been expired for at least 6 times. Idk what happens as their supporters keep promising the issue will be resolved. I end up put that as an idle VPS and not care about it any more. It is waste of time contacting them over and over again.

• @saibal said:

You are an OP graphics designer and cartoon maker!!!