Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rating of UrPad
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Rating of UrPad

I have buyed a urpad VPS since 6 months ago. It was working perfectly, but in this week they have changed my IP address and all my files are lost. They do not want to pay a compensation for the full data loss.

Comments

• @kovacsak said:
    They do not want to pay a compensation for the full data loss.

Your fault for not having backups, did you read their TOS?

Thanked by 1Lee
  • Did they notify you that the IP was going to change?

• And did they inform you the root cause of this?

Offtopic: how to tag @Chris Miller? His username has 2 words, making it impossible to tag him.

• ATHKATHK Member

Actually I asked for them to move my VPS to another location as the one I was in took 4-5 minutes to login (oversold?) they never notified me that the ip would change and moved it.. They never asked if I had a SSL cert attached or anything..

• I had one of my VPS there wiped by accident (support person thought I was talking about a different VPS). Luckily I made by backups a week earlier. Can't complain really, pay just over a $1 a month, what can you expect?

• LeeLee Veteran

You could try @RLT_RandalB but he seems a bit camera shy.

• @black said:
    Did they notify you that the IP was going to change?

No, they only changed my IP.

• @DalComp said:

Offtopic: how to tag Chris Miller? His username has 2 words, making it impossible to tag him.

Leave note about thread at his profile.

• Do you have a ticket ID for I can look into this for you?

• Actually I don't need your ticket ID since I found you by your username.

You were given SEVERAL warnings along with warnings about opening 10+ tickets an hour for the same issue. Your VPS was subject to large incoming and OUTGOING ddos attacks. We gave you the opportunity to back your files but your vm continued to distribute OUTGOING denial of service attacks shortly after it was reactivated and we terminated your service and refunded.

• LeeLee Veteran

@kovacsak said:
    I have buyed a urpad VPS since 6 months ago. It was working perfectly, but in this week they have changed my IP address and all my files are lost. They do not want to pay a compensation for the full data loss.

So if what Chris said is true you should be perma banned for being a dick and just stirring trouble.

Thanked by 1mark
  • i using urpad till now no problem more then 7 monts

• @mdzareef said:
    i using urpad till now no problem more then 7 monts

Good to hear! If you have any questions or Concerns please don't hesitate to contact us as soon as possible! :)

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

Keep it up urpad!

• Wow you actually refunded him even though he was DDoSing people? lol.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

And where's he now?

• Can't believe some people have the nerve!

• That's actually really stupid.. Fancy posting here complaining when you are the one at fault... I am really surprised they gave a refund.

• @Chris Miller said:
    Actually I don't need your ticket ID since I found you by your username.

You were given SEVERAL warnings along with warnings about opening 10+ tickets an hour for the same issue. Your VPS was subject to large incoming and OUTGOING ddos attacks. We gave you the opportunity to back your files but your vm continued to distribute OUTGOING denial of service attacks shortly after it was reactivated and we terminated your service and refunded.

What?? I have used a zPanel with some hosting accounts...

• @black said:
    Wow you actually refunded him even though he was DDoSing people? lol.

There were only some CMS systems and some html files on the server!

• @Chris Miller said:
    Actually I don't need your ticket ID since I found you by your username.

Where is the evidence? Send me please some logs! If it is true my account was hacked! Why do not you tell me?

• @kovacsak did you purchase a managed server?

If not security is all up to you...

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited September 2013

@kovacsak said:
    Where is the evidence? Send me please some logs! If it is true my account was hacked! Why do not you tell me?

Review your previous ticket replies from us.

• grayfuzgrayfuz Member
    edited September 2013

i have 2 vps with urpad, its been up for almost 3 months.. no problems encountered so far.

• I give Urpad 6.5/10 for their $12 yearly plan.
    I believe their monthly plan will score better.
    This is just my 2 cents, no offense.

• @Chris Miller said:
    Review your previous ticket replies from us.

I could not found any log files. Please send me some as an evidence by e-mail!

• @ATHK said:
    kovacsak did you purchase a managed server?

If not security is all up to you...

• @ATHK said:

And what is the task of the provider? Defamation?

• @Chris Miller said:
    Do you have a ticket ID for I can look into this for you?

Your built in ticket system is not working!

I have sent e-mails and I have got answers from e-mail addresses of Serversavior.com! Why? What is this?

• Urpad is owned by RootLevelTech

http://rootleveltech.com/products.html