Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WeLoveServers (VPS Hosting in 6 locations) - adds Orlando, FL & London, UK locations
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WeLoveServers (VPS Hosting in 6 locations) - adds Orlando, FL & London, UK locations

OxideOxide Member
edited September 2013 in Offers

WeLoveServers is proud to announce that we have further expanded our global presence, with the addition of Orlando, FL and London, UK.

We understand the need to have diversity and location variety as a global web hosting provider serving thousands of customers worldwide, and have been working behind the scenes for the past couple months to be able to bring forth these new location offerings.

WeLoveServers is partnering with the DimeNOC datacenter in Orlando, Florida, just ~5ms to Miami! Our friends in South America and the east coast can enjoy premium connectivity on the tier 1 network.

Our Maidstone, Kent UK location is all part of the greater London area, located in the CustodianDC with a 10G network composing of Level3 and London exchange peers.

At this time, WeLoveServers offers VPS hosting in 6 markets:

• Los Angeles, California
  • Dallas, Texas
  • Buffalo, New York
  • Orlando, Florida
  • Frankfurt, Germany
  • London, United Kingdom

Orlando, FL:

Test IP Address: 72.29.70.131

Test File 128MB http://72.29.70.131/128mbfile.tgz

Kent (London) UK:

Test IP Address: 109.73.162.6

Test File 128MB http://109.73.162.6/128mbfile.tgz

View our current expansion specials which are now available in Orlando and London. You will find the option to select what hosting location site you would like your VPS to be set up in during the order process.

We are extremely grateful to our customers for making such expansions possible. Your support is appreciated!

Comments

• +1 for your support Oxide , network is awesome :) recommended.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited September 2013

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/316947/#Comment_316947

Goddamn! It's NOT LONDON, or GREATER LONDON. :-)

Thanked by 2DomainBop seriesn
  • asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited September 2013

@Infinity said:
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/316947/#Comment_316947

Goddamn! It's NOT LONDON, or GREATER LONDON. :-)

Close enough, but location should be corrected. In terms of ping, it will make no difference whether in Kent or London!

Anyway nice to see a LEB host have the same price across all locations and more providers coming back into the UK following the previous DoS attacks against some hosts.

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@asterisk14 said:
    Close enough, but location should be corrected. In terms of ping, it will make no difference whether in Kent or London!

Not really, ping no difference maybe, false advertising, yes. The argument with Greater London doesn't work either. Go look at a map and see where Maidstone is compared with the M25's borders. Dartford is probably one of the only parts of Kent where you can maybe use that argument.

• Seems a bit like blatant false advertising to me. There are virtually no London-based LEB offers, so claiming that Maidstone is London (or Greater London) is pretty disingenuous and seems like an attempt to pull the wool over customers' eyes.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • spekkspekk Member
    edited September 2013
     8  ae-2-52.edge6.London1.Level3.net (4.69.139.108) [AS  3356]  7.346 ms  7.452 ms  7.427 ms
     9  ten-2-1.edge1.level3.kent01.hostdime.com (212.113.9.14) [AS  3356]  9.236 ms  9.432 ms  9.183 ms
    10  xen-uk1.hostdime.co.uk (109.73.162.6) [AS  33182]  9.451 ms  9.373 ms  9.262 ms

Don't blame it all on them, the distance is pretty close, but Hostdime(their provider) is advertising their DC this way:

DC Location: Kent, London, UK

These guys just copied that info, they didn't lie.

@Nekki said:
    Seems a bit like blatant false advertising to me. There are virtually no London-based LEB offers, so claiming that Maidstone is London (or Greater London) is pretty disingenuous and seems like an attempt to pull the wool over customers' eyes.

Thanked by 1Spirit
  • @Nekki there is atleast one (Castlegem hosted at LDeX).

Thanked by 1ozfingwe
  • @spekk said:

Don't blame it all on them, the distance is pretty close, but Hostdime(their provider) is advertising their DC this way:

> DC Location: Kent, London, UK
    > 

In this case we shouldn't blame WeLoveServers so much. Thank you for letting us know.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @spekk said:

> DC Location: Kent, London, UK
    > 

Admittedly HostDime's website is pretty flaky, some pages refer to the DC as being in London, others in Maidstone. Despite having had this mentioned multiple times, they've still done nothing about it though. When Backupsy got called on the Miami/Orando thing they sorted it pretty swiftly.

@Spirit said:
    Nekki there is atleast one (Castlegem hosted at LDeX).

I stand by 'virtually no London-based offers' as an accurate description.

• Can you give me a test ip in Los Angeles, California

• FrankZFrankZ Veteran
    edited September 2013

I've had VPS with them in LA and Dallas for two months.
    The only time I talked to them was on setup. I think that says a lot.

Networks and servers are fast and stable.

Recent serverbear.com benchmark links:

Dallas - http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/08/14/q9wT63GDzbC9soYh

LA - http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2013/08/14/oxRj2sQgjcBp7xaK

Also picked up another one.... today

• DomainBopDomainBop Member
    edited September 2013

@Spirit said:
    Nekki there is atleast one (Castlegem hosted at LDeX).

at least 2 more low enders...Edis in Docklands Telehouse West, and Tortoise Labs in Docklands with Redstation (Redstation uses both Telehouse East and Global Switch North).

Seems a bit like blatant false advertising to me.

Locations within London, and even Greater London are in high demand and command premium prices. Advertising Maidstone as London is similar to a car dealer advertising a Yugo as a Mercedes. :)

edited to add: I think the blame lies primarily with HostDime's marketing department , but providers should also be aware of where the cities they're using are located on a map.

• @DomainBop said:
    at least 2 more low enders...Edis in Docklands Telehouse West, and Tortoise Labs in Docklands with Redstation

Tortoise Labs are a new one to me, must have missed their previous LEB offers, although I see their regular price isn't far off $7/month.

I think the blame lies primarily with HostDime's marketing department , but providers should also be aware of where the cities they're using are located on a map.

Like I said above, I can see that, but this has been mentioned in multiple threads multiple times and they've not corrected anything (the only time they did respond to someone, they just said 'it's in the Greater London area', so it does seem like it's a slightly disingenuous marketing ploy.

• The service from the company is top. There is always a reply from the support team after a few minutes. The management is also very helpful.

Great job for a one-year old company.