Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Krypt.com - CAUTION - Overselling BlackFriday and NOT refunding
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Krypt.com - CAUTION - Overselling BlackFriday and NOT refunding

Guys,
First black friday casualty.

I went to buy a dedicated server from Krypt.com. Checked out via PayPal and was given email it will be ready in a few hours. All good.

About 30min later got an email saying, "Sorry all sold out. Please cancel and pick a different item. "

Sigh, contacted support and all the other offerings were rubbish. (half the ram, slower CPU).

Said, please cancel and refund. 2 hours later got an email saying, your has been cancelled and your account has been credited for another purchase.

Again, write to support saying, No, I don't want another purchase, please return the funds.
...silence....

Paypal case has been opened.

Comments

• who?

Thanked by 1inthecloudblog
  • Do not open PayPal case, open a case with your bank.

• @corbpie said:
    who?

This deal -->> https://www.krypt.com/en/order/config/526

Which is still showing as available !!! Shocking business tactics

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran
    edited November 2017

@phez said:

@corbpie said:
    who?

This deal -->> https://www.krypt.com/en/order/config/526

Which is still showing as available !!! Shocking business tactics

What is the location? Not cheap for a BF sale. They surely need to refund you since they are unable to deliver the service you ordered. They might just be doing it for everyone else filling up their PP account and issue account credits, very shady.

• That's actually quite worth a call to your processor about Bait-n-Switch fraud.

• @MikePT said:

What is the location? Not cheap for a BF sale. They surely need to refund you since they are unable to deliver the service you ordered. They might just be doing it for everyone else filling up their PP account and issue account credits, very shady.

Location was Los Angeles. It was good latency for me and was happy with the price (but if you know of a better value dedi in Los Angeles feel free to submit).

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

@phez said:

@MikePT said:

Location was Los Angeles. It was good latency for me and was happy with the price (but if you know of a better value dedi in Los Angeles feel free to submit).

Unfortunately I do not, I'd open a PayPal dispute if they are not willing to deliver the service.

• OK, these guys are now fraudsters.

2nd email I have sent them and asked them for a refund, not a credit. Get this back.

Dear customer,

Your Order #69757 has been cancelled per your request. Credit has been added

back to your account. Please see credit ID 99657. You can be used towards your

future orders/invoices.

Thank you,

--

Oh Radchalee

a Division of VPLS.net

Rate us at https://my.krypt.com/app/rate

• phez said: OK, these guys are now fraudsters.

I would tell them one more time (nicely) that you do not want a credit since they did not provide the product to begin with and that you want a refund and that you would like to resolve the matter without having to file a dispute.

If they don't respond or refund you afterwards then open a Paypal dispute and give Paypal all the evidence (make sure to explain that they basically pulled a bait & switch by keeping the product listed as in-stock when it's not and only giving you an account credit). If possible, try calling Paypal as well after opening the dispute because their support over the phone is usually very good.

It's bullshit that they won't provide you a direct refund especially when I visited their site awhile after you opened this thread and that server was still listed as available.

• What @sin said. Although we're big fans of "Try to work it out", this is a plain case of false advertising. Tell them on no uncertain terms that the product was not provided, and you want your money back.

• JanevskiJanevski Member
    edited November 2017

phez said: Oh Radchalee

Oooooh Fortuna, velut luna, statu variabilis, semper crescis, et decrescis, vita detestabilis...

That name is so fake, i'm just wondering, are the scammers from India, or Vietnam?

I would guess India.

• @maldovia said:
    Do not open PayPal case, open a case with your bank.

Paypal rules prevent you from doing that. You have to open the case with Paypal or risk Paypal freezing the account.

• @shinji257 said:

@maldovia said:
    Do not open PayPal case, open a case with your bank.

Paypal rules prevent you from doing that. You have to open the case with Paypal or risk Paypal freezing the account.

Hmm, i've done it before (once) and I was fine.

YMMV I guess.

• Just charge back the shit out of them. I would have done the same with Vultr. Good thing they refunded me

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

That is a bit shit, sounds like a bait and switch to me.

I mean, I understand hosts giving no refund policy on yearly special available 1 day of the year in limited quantity but if they cant deliver it, thats on them.

Seems like a legitimate case for a chargeback to me, fairly sure paypal with side with you on this anyway, no need to go to your card issuer and damage your own paypal account.

Thanked by 1vanhels
  • @AnthonySmith said:
    That is a bit shit, sounds like a bait and switch to me.

I mean, I understand hosts giving no refund policy on yearly special available 1 day of the year in limited quantity but if they cant deliver it, thats on them.

Seems like a legitimate case for a chargeback to me, fairly sure paypal with side with you on this anyway, no need to go to your card issuer and damage your own paypal account.

When I had an issue with a purchase and I called PayPal they said to me that a dispute at your card issuer or bank does not affect your PayPal standing. It's your legal right to dispute things with PayPal and with your bank/card issuer.

I assume it's only if you select unauthorized it may affect you but if you put in a legitimate complaint to raise a dispute then it should be perfectly fine.

(This may be different in other countries but applies to the UK)

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

IThinkUFailed said: I assume it's only if you select unauthorized it may affect you but if you put in a legitimate complaint to raise a dispute then it should be perfectly fine.

You are probably 100% correct, I only fight disputes I dont make them :)

• @AnthonySmith said:

IThinkUFailed said: I assume it's only if you select unauthorized it may affect you but if you put in a legitimate complaint to raise a dispute then it should be perfectly fine.

You are probably 100% correct, I only fight disputes I dont make them :)

I've only made about 3 disputes in my time. I've had a PayPal since 2011 if I'm not mistaken. I only dispute if it's the absolute last option available.

• Chageback time.

• LeeLee Veteran

If you paid it through PayPal then that should be your first call to get a refund rather than your bank. In the UK that should also be the advice from your bank if you tell them that is how you paid.

Just like banks PayPal is authorised and regulated by the FCA so have the same responsibilities to resolve the issue.

• UPDATE: Still nothing.