Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[MXroute - Email Hosting] Black Friday! Starting at $5/year. - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[MXroute - Email Hosting] Black Friday! Starting at $5/year.

13»

Comments

• Just wanna check w/ you guys whether I can enable MXroute to strip original server's ip (i.e. Relay to hide original server's ip)
    Thank you!

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited November 2017

@smallbibi said:
    Are there any limitations on the $10/year plan?

Not specifically. Just be considerate of the fact that outbound email costs me up to $0.00037 per email. Several customers are going to send to a degree that costs far more than they pay, and that is okay as it's the risk I take, but know that if you intend to send several hundred thousands emails per month we have to talk. No one even does that, my top sender is 55k/month, I'm doing well with this risk.

elixir said: And will it be on the unbranded servers?

Correct.

@im8a said:
    Just wanna check w/ you guys whether I can enable MXroute to strip original server's ip (i.e. Relay to hide original server's ip)
    Thank you!

Should do it fine, let me know if it doesn't.

Thanked by 1im8a
  • NoCommentNoComment Member
    edited November 2017

@jarland said:
    Just be considerate of the fact that outbound email costs me up to $0.00037 per email.

I probably won't be sending that many emails, but just curious, how did you come up with this number?

smallbibi said: I probably won't be sending that many emails, but just curious, how did you come up with this number?

1,000,000 emails per month with MailChannels at $250/m, with overage rate at $0.37 per 1,000 emails. So I state the "up to" part to assume that I'm in overage, though realistically I'll be increasing to 2,000,000 email allocation with them soon.

Technically not a complete calculation as there's obviously a more finely detailed approach to load on servers, etc. I'm just not that into math ;)

• Bought the Cyber Monday deal! Thanks @jarland

Thanked by 1jar
  • @Jarland - one question (feature request?): have you considered an "MXPool"? Essentially we buy a package (like now) but we get to choose (at setup time for each domain) where (location/server) we'd like it hosted. This way, we can buy a package of say 10GB storage and split it across multiple geographies without really buying a package from every location.

It's a nice to have but I'm not sure how painful it is with cpanel et al running the show.

Thoughts?

Thanked by 1jar

@nullnothere said:
    @Jarland - one question (feature request?): have you considered an "MXPool"? Essentially we buy a package (like now) but we get to choose (at setup time for each domain) where (location/server) we'd like it hosted. This way, we can buy a package of say 10GB storage and split it across multiple geographies without really buying a package from every location.

It's a nice to have but I'm not sure how painful it is with cpanel et al running the show.

Thoughts?

Could be cool to do once I've removed cpanel from public facing. Once everyone is using a custom panel that uses the cpanel API (I plan to still delegate panel security by having cpanel manage the bulk of it) then limitations really start to diminish. No ETA but it'll be a huge turning point, won't require migrations, and will slingshot the service into a new era.

Hope everyone enjoys getting in on what's still the ground floor because that'll probably be the day that I increase costs more significantly than I have in the past, but NEVER for existing customers :)

Thanked by 1nullnothere
  • @jarland said: Could be cool to do once I've removed cpanel from public facing...

Hopefully in the not too distant future then... it'll be a really nice to have.

Plus if you could just customize Exim to advertise a per-domain (customer configured, not too hard to do) hostname - it's all about advertising and vanity :-) - at SMTP relay time, we can all have a kick out of it. I do understand that incoming EHLO will be plain IP (no hostname).

Thanked by 1jar
  • pincpinc Member
    edited December 2017

All of a sudden, eagle.*.com started to reply with self-signed certificate issued for ndav.ca on 15.11.2017. At the same time, * replies with valid LE certificate. Time to turn on the inner paranoid?

edited December 2017

@pinc said:
    All of a sudden, eagle.*.com started to reply with self-signed certificate issued for ndav.ca on 15.11.2017. At the same time, *replies with valid LE certificate. Time to turn on the inner paranoid?

If you don't mind, please don't post the hostname as being ours. That is the point of the white label server :)

This is because there is no entry in Apache configuration for the server hostname on port 443, Apache displays the first SSL certificate it has listed for that IP address, which is going to usually be the first customer who deploys an SSL certificate successfully. This is standard behavior on cPanel servers. Note that none of the URLs you use involve visiting the server hostname on port 443, because that's not where any of the services are.

Regardless, I'll look into overriding that behavior. Makes it too easy to identify a customer (not that there aren't other easy ways, just better that I'm not providing them).

• ottmiottmi Member
    edited January 2018

While they are still abailable, I'm thinking about grabbing another Cyber Monday deal. Is there any chance to have it provisioned in London? Or how do you order service in London in general? I couldn't find it anywhere on the website, only Australia..