Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

INCEPTION HOSTING - BLACK FRIDAY !NVMe SSD! MADNESS - WIN AMAZON VOUCHERS! - Page 5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

INCEPTION HOSTING - BLACK FRIDAY !NVMe SSD! MADNESS - WIN AMAZON VOUCHERS!

1235»

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

ofit said: why so low number of OVZ 2xCPU 2GB/2GB 50GB SSD 1TB BW 1 Gbps Port 1xIPV4 1xIPV6 €10/yr NL, Rotterdam? We want more

Its Tuesday now, which means it is neither Black Friday, Cyber Monday or the weekend in between, I sold 137 NL OVZ packages, I think that is enough, I intended to sell 128.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @AnthonySmith said:

ofit said: why so low number of OVZ 2xCPU 2GB/2GB 50GB SSD 1TB BW 1 Gbps Port 1xIPV4 1xIPV6 €10/yr NL, Rotterdam? We want more

Its Tuesday now, which means it is neither Black Friday, Cyber Monday or the weekend in between, I sold 137 NL OVZ packages, I think that is enough, I intended to sell 128.

I mean VPS in NL was out of order on monday evening, but not UK or USA. We need more Europe host VPS, not USA and UK.
    I wanted to buy VPS in DE, but don't saw interesting offers for DE. Then i found your offer but don't know anything about your company?
    Do you have backups on this plan? discont was recurring? Do you plan to sell it on chismas again?

• @AnthonySmith said:

angstrom said: @AnthonySmith: Just wanted to ask whether NL KVM LES products still come with a dedicated IP if ordered today.

yep up to midnight. (about 6 hours from now)

Unfortunately, luck wasn't on my side yesterday evening, as far as purchasing a service at IH was concerned:

• Initially, I was going to order a NL KVM LES product, these were all in stock during the evening, but then a hour or so before midnight GMT, they all suddenly went out of stock. :-(

• I then tried to order an USA KVM VPS, which was in stock, but MaxMind marked my order as fraud, which had virtually never happened before, and not clear why. :-(

Oh, well, not complaining, c'est la vie, perhaps I'll have more luck next time. :-)

ofit said: I mean VPS in NL was out of order on monday evening, but not UK or USA. We need more Europe host VPS, not USA and UK. I wanted to buy VPS in DE, but don't saw interesting offers for DE. Then i found your offer but don't know anything about your company? Do you have backups on this plan? discont was recurring? Do you plan to sell it on chismas again?

most of the UK and USA is out of stock too, that's just the way it goes, sorry I cannot predict what will sell fast and what will not.

I am unsure of when the next stock will be added.

• Hey @AnthonySmith, I snagged a MiniKVM in NL during nekki's BF madness thread, just had time to login today and mess around. Is the dedicated IP manually provisioned? Tried following the email about NAT ports and no luck, and the VNC shows it trying to boot from a floppy. Anyways, no rush, I'm beat from work/school and just wanted to play around with this. Thanks for the deal! :)

edited November 2017

They came with an external IP automatically I just cant change the email template based on IP so just ignore the NAT part of the email, if you are having issues head over to https://forum.lowendspirit.com chances are someone has already faced the same issue or you can get the help you need there.

Thanked by 1im_jmz

Because it was so popular and because I am getting daily requests, BF Friday pricing continues for KVM NVMe SSD http://inceptionhosting.com/limited-offers.html (pre orders)

• Would the price change after the preorder? I’m currently broke thanks to Black Friday and Cyber Monday @anthonysmith

muffin said: Would the price change after the preorder? I’m currently broke thanks to Black Friday and Cyber Monday @anthonysmith

yes it will be back to regular pricing after the pre order, the point of the pre order is to get early commitment to reduce risk.

• I guess I need to go extra broke :P definitely ordering one.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • Never mind... Sad but forgot my fees are coming in two days... Next year I guess.

• I ordered some too :D

@AnthonySmith said:
    Because it was so popular and because I am getting daily requests, BF Friday pricing continues for KVM NVMe SSD http://inceptionhosting.com/limited-offers.html (pre orders)

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith
  • AnthonySmith said: As an added bonus if the new NVMe nodes sell out completely I will be selecting 5 people at random to receive a £30 Amazon gift voucher.

Did anyone win this yet? Should I stop anticipating an email for this? :D

caracal said: Did anyone win this yet? Should I stop anticipating an email for this? :D

The OpenVZ NVMe stuff did not sell out, still space for around 25 - 50 containers depending on the disk use.

I will do what I usually do when offering prizes, I will roll it over to the next offer.

Thanked by 1caracal
  • @AnthonySmith I have already a KVM NVMe SSD vps on KVM 3 node. If I do pre-order, Is it provisioned on another node?

Arirang said: @AnthonySmith I have already a KVM NVMe SSD vps on KVM 3 node. If I do pre-order, Is it provisioned on another node?

Yep, that's the whole point of the pre order :)

Thanked by 2Arirang vimalware
  • My!
    Geekbench is off the chart on these v6 E3 + nvme. (1c/2c=4781/7572)

(yes, Host CPU passthrough enabled )

Geekbench is off the chart on these v6 E3 + nvme. (1c/2c=4781/7572)

(yes, Host CPU passthrough enabled )

Great news!

That's the difference with the Samsung pro enterprize NVMe's and some cheap imitation, literally double the IOPS and throughput.

I could have gone for the adata's, WD Blue's or even the cheaper Samsung or horribly performing intels just so I could say 'NVMe' but hopefully the difference in real server grade NVMe's shows.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • AnthonySmith said: Japan is sold out, I actually have it under provisioned though, i will see if i can add some more for monday.

Hey, just wondering if there's any plans to restock LES Japan this month/year?

klikli said: Hey, just wondering if there's any plans to restock LES Japan this month/year?

It will be early 2018 best guess

Thanked by 1klikli
  • cpsdcpsd Member
    edited December 2017

I've got the new server details. It is working great.

root@xxxx:~# wget -4 http://wget.racing/nench.sh --no-check-certificate -O - -o /dev/null|bash
    -------------------------------------------------
     nench.sh v2017.06.01 -- https://git.io/nench.sh
     benchmark timestamp:    2017-12-09 05:55:16 UTC

Processor:    Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz
    CPU cores:    2
    Frequency:    3791.994 MHz
    RAM:          3.9G
    Swap:
    Kernel:       Linux 4.4.0-31-generic x86_64

Disks:
    vda     25G  HDD

CPU: SHA256-hashing 500 MB
        2.272 seconds
    CPU: bzip2-compressing 500 MB
        3.809 seconds
    CPU: AES-encrypting 500 MB
        0.767 seconds

ioping: seek rate
        min/avg/max/mdev = 11.9 us / 18.3 us / 1.12 ms / 6.21 us
    ioping: sequential read speed
        generated 89.6 k requests in 5.00 s, 21.9 GiB, 17.9 k iops, 4.38 GiB/s

dd: sequential write speed
        1st run:    866.89 MiB/s
        2nd run:    1049.04 MiB/s
        3rd run:    809.67 MiB/s
        average:    908.53 MiB/s

IPv4 speedtests
        your IPv4:    185.121.24.xxxx

Cachefly CDN:         104.11 MiB/s
        Leaseweb (NL):        83.04 MiB/s
        Softlayer DAL (US):   1.94 MiB/s
        Online.net (FR):      85.51 MiB/s
        OVH BHS (CA):         13.40 MiB/s

No IPv6 connectivity detected

Nice one, try it again in a week when 50 other people are not doing the same and the lib guests bug is fixed so you have kvm acceleration not tcg emulation.

• All Pre-Order sold out now. Too bad. I forgot to order one.

smile93 said: All Pre-Order sold out now. Too bad. I forgot to order one.

They are still available at the regular price which is still excellent value.

• Thanks for the offer. I think I will get one from netcup this time after considering the price.