Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BLACK FRIDAY: LET'S ALL GO BROKE EDITION - Page 17
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

BLACK FRIDAY: LET'S ALL GO BROKE EDITION

Comments

• @MikePT said:

@mina said:

@MikePT said:

@Falzo said:

MikePT said: which make us look right now like fools. Definitely.

you quite looked like a fool before that. definitely.

Now I look even more.

But you need to remember that you add value to the product by reselling it, or how did it go?

Man. Seriously, GTFO. You don't know me, how would you know the value we add on a service or not?

Sorry, now I feel bad for teasing you. Did not notice that there were more messages. However good attempt, but reselling is hardly ever good business. Appreciate that you tried it however, hopefully you wont screw over your current customers.

• @Monsta_AU said:
    WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE PROPER STORAGE OFFERS?

there are some nice openvz storage offers, but i haven't seen any decent kvm storage deals either

• Got 4 VPS so far, and it's 11am only

• @WSS said:

@Tom said:

@WSS said:

@yokowasis said:

Got 1. But I can't pay. They need to verify order. Damn.

You damn well better get this one, or I'm done helping. It's 01:10.

Got one on .EU too. Do they literally write me a letter? Oh lord

For my first NetCup purchase, they called me on the phone for verification.

What did you need to do to verify?

• @Harambe said:
    You guys are missing out on the wacky Virmach deals - tons of ram/cpu, no storage. KVM - 5GB ram, 5 cores, 5GB SSD, $17.50/$12.50 a year.

So the 5GB RAM is not a typo?! (I thought that it was.) If not, crazy stuff!

• @lemon said:

@Monsta_AU said:
    WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE PROPER STORAGE OFFERS?

there are some nice openvz storage offers, but i haven't seen any decent kvm storage deals either

hosthatch @Abdullah already offered KVM, and I think I forgot to tag @SpeedyKVM_Ryan lately for a 30% off coupon...

also get a decent box with ultravps... https://www.ultravps.eu/en/?pdid=OB595E46555DO6331C64 (aff)
    750GB at ~$40 yearly (without VAT) or 2TB at ~$60 6month (without VAT) - KVM all the way...

• @MikePT said:
    TBF I'm pretty upset and disappointed, played like a fool. BF is over for me. El Cheapo won't advertise any further dedicated servers.

We were just funnin' you because you posted them everywhere. Sure, they undercut you. That's just what Microsoft did a decade and change ago, killing every other software VAR in existence. Then Symantec, etc followed suit. I'm sure your customers will be happy with your service that you provide- because they won't need to go upstream (unlike many other resellers).

This is a 3-times-a-year-maybe occurrence. Just chalk it up to bad timing and move on after a couple days of drinking heavily.

• @rumi4 said:
    Best is 5GB NVMe

I SAID STORAGE

@lemon said:

NOT NEARLY GOOD ENOUGH FOR OVZ

• MikePTMikePT Moderator, Patron Provider, Veteran

mina said: Sorry, now I feel bad for teasing you. Did not notice that there were more messages. However good attempt, but reselling is hardly ever good business. Appreciate that you tried it however, hopefully you wont screw over your current customers.

All good, really. Don't worry.

We wouldn't screw over our customers, plus, FiberFy is still online, and as long as we have clients, it will be. We'll just re-think our business model :-). When a client trusts us, we have the mission to provide the best service possible.

• @Nekki said:

@angstrom said:
    Does anyone have experience with Veesp?

GOOD GRAVY

Is that British English? ;-)

Okay, so Veesp are good guys, right? I like those promotions.

• @lurch said:

@WSS said:

@Tom said:

@WSS said:

@yokowasis said:

Got 1. But I can't pay. They need to verify order. Damn.

You damn well better get this one, or I'm done helping. It's 01:10.

Got one on .EU too. Do they literally write me a letter? Oh lord

For my first NetCup purchase, they called me on the phone for verification.

What did you need to do to verify?

"Yes, I placed the order."

@WSS said:

@MikePT said:
    TBF I'm pretty upset and disappointed, played like a fool. BF is over for me. El Cheapo won't advertise any further dedicated servers.

We were just funnin' you because you posted them everywhere. Sure, they undercut you. That's just what Microsoft did a decade and change ago, killing every other software VAR in existence. Then Symantec, etc followed suit. I'm sure your customers will be happy with your service that you provide- because they won't need to go upstream (unlike many other resellers).

This is a 3-times-a-year-maybe occurrence. Just chalk it up to bad timing and move on after a couple days of drinking heavily.

Haven't got any drinks since March, unfortunately I cannot drink :p.

I know what you guys did, and I still like you all. This was something beyond our control and we really don't see an advantage.

Granted that if you sign up, you'll be impressed with the service, as they're pretty good on what they do. So, just do, signup with Incero folks.
    You won. Or more like.. They won.

• @MikePT said:
    You won. Or more like.. They won.

Don't be so damn defeatist and get off the cross. LET was never your target audience. Your other clientele are.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Falzo said:
    hosthatch @Abdullah already offered KVM, and I think I forgot to tag @SpeedyKVM_Ryan lately for a 30% off coupon...

also get a decent box with ultravps... https://www.ultravps.eu/en/?pdid=OB595E46555DO6331C64 (aff)
    750GB at ~$40 yearly (without VAT) or 2TB at ~$60 6month (without VAT) - KVM all the way...

HOSTHATCH GOOD, PREVIOUSLY HAD SERVICES THERE, LEFT FOR NO V6

ULTRAVPS CLOSEST I HAVE BEEN TO TEMPTED

• angstrom said: so Veesp are good guys, right?

They got an award for best deal BF 2016. Could they be bad guys?

Glad to see you in the game, @veesp!

Thanked by 1Veesp
  • netcup must be raking it in! But, so far, I've been too slow to get any of their offers. :-(

Thanked by 1Ympker
  • Waiting on your next move @vmhaus :)

• @angstrom said:
    netcup must be raking it in! But, so far, I've been too slow to get any of their offers. :-(

GET WITH IT!

http://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/

• @angstrom said:

@Harambe said:
    You guys are missing out on the wacky Virmach deals - tons of ram/cpu, no storage. KVM - 5GB ram, 5 cores, 5GB SSD, $17.50/$12.50 a year.

So the 5GB RAM is not a typo?! (I thought that it was.) If not, crazy stuff!

They may be the first to offer a VPS with more RAM than storage. I'm pretty much convinced that they've left a random number generator in charge of the BF deals.

• @datanoise said:

angstrom said: so Veesp are good guys, right?

They got an award for best deal BF 2016. Could they be bad guys?

Glad to see you in the game, @veesp!

Somehow, they fell outside of my radar! Anyway, I now see that they're related to the old vStoike.

WSS said: Don't be so damn defeatist and get off the cross. LET was never your target audience. Your other clientele are.

Yes, that's true, but it just doesn't make sense. We did actually play like fools here.
    30% VIP discount, vs their 50% BF discount. Wow.

• vmhausvmhaus Member, Top Host, Host Rep

@adamluk said:
    Waiting on your next move @vmhaus :)

Work in progress.

Thanked by 1adamluk
  • Anyone has experience with VirMach's shared hosting? Their shared hosting deals for -30% look pretty good. (Sure, no IPv6.)

• @uhu said:
    They may be the first to offer a VPS with more RAM than storage. I'm pretty much convinced that they've left a random number generator in charge of the BF deals.

Very close. At least running everything from RAM will ensure you don't use too many IOPS!

Thanked by 1FrankZ
  • angstrom said: they're related to the old vStoike.

Yeah, they rebranded vStoike to veesp (I prefered vStoike but well, that's out of my control!)

• @WSS said:

@uhu said:

Very close. At least running everything from RAM will ensure you don't use too many IOPS!

Not if you need more RAM and SWAP.

• @WSS said:

@angstrom said:
    netcup must be raking it in! But, so far, I've been too slow to get any of their offers. :-(

GET WITH IT!

http://www.netcup-sonderangebote.de/

Yeah, I know, but everything becomes "verpasst!" so quickly! :-D

• @default said:

@WSS said:

@uhu said:

Not if you need more RAM and SWAP.

If 5GB RAM isn't enough for your 2GB OS footprint, you've got memory leaks somewhere.

• hosthatchhosthatch Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@Monsta_AU said:
    HOSTHATCH GOOD, PREVIOUSLY HAD SERVICES THERE, LEFT FOR NO V6

We don't have v6 in Hong Kong. It's available in all other 4 locations.

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @datanoise said:

angstrom said: they're related to the old vStoike.

Yeah, they rebranded vStoike to veesp (I prefered vStoike but well, that's out of my control!)

Same here. I liked vStoike more than Veesp, but sometimes companies want .com domain with all costs, even if it means business renaming.

This discussion has been closed.