Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Composer install Killed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Composer install Killed

inklightinklight Member
edited November 2017 in Help

Hi all I'm trying to install this tool https://github.com/jimthunderbird/php-to-c-extension
with Composer but it didnt finish install I got message Killed

root@server:~/php-to-c-extension# composer    install  --profile
Do not run Composer as root/super user! See https://getcomposer.org/root for details
[6.0MB/0.00s] Loading composer repositories with package information
[6.3MB/0.19s] Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
Killed

I'm rungging 128/MB+128MB Swap OpenVZ VPS server , I read this are relatted to memory limits , since Composer demands more momery , here is my VPS memory status

root@server:~/php-to-c-extension# free -m
             total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
Mem:           128         35         92         10          0          4
-/+ buffers/cache:         31         96
Swap:            0          0          0 

Comments

• Thats probably it, out of memory.

Also you don’t appear to have any swap enabled

• You can't have a 128mb vps and expect to do much without swap. Google it lots of tutorials on how to set it up. Make sure to set swappiness to about 10 or 20 though otherwise you'll be left with using swap all the time

• inklightinklight Member
    edited November 2017

@ikkizenho said:
    Also you don’t appear to have any swap enabled

swap cann't be enabled in OpenVZ , I didnt know if it consume all meory since I add --prfile flag and didnt show much memory being used , Plus I disable garab collector from php.ini to solve memory issue .

• You're out of RAM. It's that simple. You're also not going to be doing a lot of compiling on a 128MB machine which has no vSwap. It's probably against your TOS to use too much CPU, anyhow. Get a nice KVM tomorrow and you can setup as much swap as you like from your HD.

edited November 2017

WSS said: It's probably against your TOS to use too much CPU, anyhow. Get a nice KVM tomorrow and you can setup as much swap as you like from your HD.

I miss it by ~18MB , I run Composer on my windows machine and it consume only 114MB :(

any way that tool only works on Linux so I'm installing http://www.andlinux.org to compile it on my machine and transfer .so file tom my server .
    I guess issue solved now thank you all .

• If your host claims you get 128MB vSwap, I'd contact them. Your 'free' shows you have NO swap.

edited November 2017

WSS said: If your host claims you get 128MB vSwap

I realy didn't know whats happened to vSwap I was playing with its today (using some tutorail I read) , but I geuess I mass it up , This are commands I run

[root@server] nano  fakeswap.sh

#!/bin/bash
    SWAP="${1:-512}"

NEW="$[SWAP*1024]"; TEMP="${NEW//?/ }"; OLD="${TEMP:1}0"

umount /proc/meminfo 2> /dev/null
    sed "/^Swap\(Total\|Free\):/s,$OLD,$NEW," /proc/meminfo > /etc/fake_meminfo
    mount --bind /etc/fake_meminfo /proc/meminfo

[root@server]  bash  fakeswap.sh

and this one

/bin/dd if=/dev/zero of=/var/swap.1 bs=1M count=1024
     /sbin/mkswap /var/swap.1
     chmod 600 /var/swap.1
     /sbin/swapon    /var/swap.1

I didnt pay attention to vSwap before but this is what control panel shows tom me

• WSSWSS Member
    edited November 2017

Fakeswap does nothing. It just reports to shitty tools that you have swap when you don't.

See that "VSwap 0"? You've got 128MB RAM. Period.

@inklight said:
    /bin/dd if=/dev/zero of=/var/swap.1 bs=1M count=1024
    /sbin/mkswap /var/swap.1
    chmod 600 /var/swap.1
    /sbin/swapon /var/swap.1

That generally won't work on OVZ. rm /var/swap.1 to get back that 1GB you wasted.

• @inklight said: I didnt pay attention to vSwap before but this is what control panel shows tom me

Like @WSS said, complain to your provider if your plan is supposed to have 128MB swap.

• @WSS I alread figure it out after testing it , I know OVZ didn't allow creat Swamp ,
    @angstrom it was $7.50 deal from hudsonvalleyhost as refund for destrying my entire node on BlueVM , i will open ticket their ans ask them .

• lololololol HVH

So you've got no swap and 1/16th CPU.

Thanked by 1doghouch
  • angstromangstrom Moderator
    edited November 2017

@inklight said: @angstrom it was $7.50 deal from hudsonvalleyhost as refund for destrying my entire node on BlueVM , i will open ticket their ans ask them .

HVH doesn't have the best reputation around here.

I hope that the price is not $7.50/month!

Anyway, a 128MB OpenVZ VPS without swap is not the best machine for compiling.

edited November 2017

angstrom said: I hope that the price is not $7.50/month!

Actuly it was for two years(as refund) , I knwo 128mb cant compile alot of thing thats way I was get to compile it on my machine and move binary to my VPS again , anyway it's testing server I didn't have any site/project running on it I alread moved my site from them year ago ,

• @inklight said: angstrom said: I hope that the price is not $7.50/month!

Actuly it was for two years(as refund) ,

Okay, $7.50 for two years is a good price for your VPS even if it lacks swap.

• @angstrom said:

@inklight said: angstrom said: I hope that the price is not $7.50/month!

Actuly it was for two years(as refund) ,

Okay, $7.50 for two years is a good price for your VPS even if it lacks swap.

@inklight cat /proc/cpuinfo and post it here please.

What do you want to bet it's like 400Mhz?

• RickBakkrRickBakkr Member, Patron Provider, LIR

Composer (or rather PHP which is executing the Composer script) runs out of memory. I recommend you run composer on your desktop / remote server and transfer the vendor folder over to your 128MB vps. I doubt 128MB is enough to house a application that involves (heavy) dependancies..

• WSS said: What do you want to bet it's like 400Mhz?

how about bet in entire 8 cores Xeon E5-2670 v1 :)

processor       : 0
    vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
    cpu family      : 6
    model           : 60
    model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1240 v3 @ 3.40GHz
    stepping        : 3
    microcode       : 30
    cpu MHz         : 800.000
    cache size      : 8192 KB
    physical id     : 0
    siblings        : 8
    core id         : 0
    cpu cores       : 4
    apicid          : 0
    initial apicid  : 0
    fpu             : yes
    fpu_exception   : yes
    cpuid level     : 13
    wp              : yes
    flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe syscall nx pdpe1gb rdtscp lm constant_tsc arch_perfmon pebs bts rep_good xtopology nonstop_tsc aperfmperf cpuid_faulting pni pclmulqdq dtes64 monitor ds_cpl vmx smx est tm2 ssse3 fma cx16 xtpr pdcm pcid sse4_1 sse4_2 x2apic movbe popcnt tsc_deadline_timer aes xsave avx f16c rdrand lahf_lm abm arat epb pln pts dtherm tpr_shadow vnmi flexpriority ept vpid fsgsbase bmi1 avx2 smep bmi2 erms invpcid xsaveopt
    bogomips        : 6784.83
    clflush size    : 64
    cache_alignment : 64
    address sizes   : 39 bits physical, 48 bits virtual
    power management:

btw cat /proc/cpuinfo shows me 4 processors info I didn't know what that means , To be honest I install site on it and it was run fast , comparing to another server 128MB I have ,
    BTE composer and other compiling tools need 1GB at least to run , which is not the perpose on LowEnds VPS servers .

• It means they fucked you, too. See that it's locked at 800Mhz? 800Mhz*4 ~1 actual processor. Precisely why I kicked them to the curb and would never use them again.

• I have no choice I got that VPS are refund fron Bluevm , their servers went down only month after I renew mine .
    https://www.lowendtalk.com/discussion/111051/bluevm-support-ticket
    I'm using it for testing . out of subject e.g 16GB RAM Server how much 128MB VPS providers useuley put on it ,

• Some oversell more than others. HVH, I have no direct metrics on, but go ahead and assume there's at least 60, if not closer to 100 on there.

• WSS said: at least 60, if not closer to 100 on there.

So how they profit from it , 100 ~100$/month while cheapes E-1240 I can find ~66$ http://www.digicube.fr/configuration-serveur-dedie-intel-xeon-mono
    Do they use used servers( overselled for years ) on that blocks , so hardware cost wont count !

• They've already depreciated and written off the machines. Any profit above their expense is still profit. I am not at liberty to say how they do provisioning, as I have not, and would not work for them. I am, however, against their sales tactics.

You might consider opening a thread to ask this if you are actually interested.