Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH BlackFriday 2017 - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH BlackFriday 2017

Comments

• @Shot2 said:

@datanoise said:
    Yeah paid yearly it makes A VPS at a fair price for a year. There will be better deals for sure but that's pretty good.

Minus the fact you have to let expire and grab a new one each year. Hence the need to use movable failover IP as the main IP.

In general a good idea, but this means that you have a pretty tight schedule getting the new machine activated and move things around...
    BF this year is 24.11. Next year is 23.11. and.... oh: 2019 you're in trouble because it's 29.11. - so your 2018 VPS will have expired before you get the new one.

• Shot2Shot2 Member
    edited November 2017

@southy said:

@Shot2 said:

@datanoise said:
    Yeah paid yearly it makes A VPS at a fair price for a year. There will be better deals for sure but that's pretty good.

Minus the fact you have to let expire and grab a new one each year. Hence the need to use movable failover IP as the main IP.

In general a good idea, but this means that you have a pretty tight schedule getting the new machine activated and move things around...
    BF this year is 24.11. Next year is 23.11. and.... oh: 2019 you're in trouble because it's 29.11. - so your 2018 VPS will have expired before you get the new one.

Haha :D Of course not. Just push the expiry date of the VPS a few days ("Align renewal date" in OVH Manager, or sth like that...)

e.g. My OVH VPS SSD from Black Friday 2016 expires Dec. 10, 2017.

Thanked by 1southy
  • @Shot2 said:

@southy said:

Haha :D Of course not. Just push the expiry date of the VPS a few days ("Align renewal date" in OVH Manager, or sth like that...)

e.g. My OVH VPS SSD from Black Friday 2016 expires Dec. 10, 2017.

Neat.
    I'm not so deep in with what you can do with their renewals.

• Shot2 said: Haha :D Of course not. Just push the expiry date of the VPS a few days ("Align renewal date" in OVH Manager, or sth like that...)

Valuable LET information!

Thanked by 1southy
  • look like its broken , timer start again.

https://www.ovh.ie/black-friday/

• LOL
    OVH is broken :-)

Their countdown just restarted :-)

• Muppets. I hung around for this?

• southy said: LOL OVH is broken :-)

That's nothing new :)

• ya that worked well i guess

• @southy said:
    LOL
    OVH is broken :-)

Their countdown just restarted :-)

same here lol

• Perhaps Ole is too busy repairing some peering?

• I have to say, I really did not imagine their offers would be that bad.

Thanked by 1WSS
  • @southy said:
    Perhaps Ole is too busy repairing some peering?

Nope, replacing SBG sea containers with cardboard boxes. Tricky. Hence no time atm, let's call it Black Saturday

• gleertgleert Member, Host Rep

southy said: I have to say, I really did not imagine their offers would be that bad.

+1

• Shocked about current offers !!

• ya so much 30% of all sys as well

and 70p for a DOAMIN name .uk or .com

• ya. well. non-recurring. All of them. Who would have thought.

But 1,20 EUR for a .de and especially for a .com is actually pretty nice!
    That's really a good one!

• mfsmfs Banned, Member
    edited November 2017

The same recurring yet non recurring offers on the usual SSD VPSes

EDIT: with obviously +1€ baseline price

• APAC VPSes have 50% discount on annual payment. This is great.

• Singapore VPS for 2 eur a month ? I am in.

• EDIT : WTF. I NEED TO DO VERIFICATION ? AGAIN ? I Just fucking get verified yesterday.

• My annual BF from last year expires in a few days but I can extend it for a month for $4 or so. That would be enough to smoothly transition the old one to a new one if I cared enough.

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited November 2017

I am interested in their Soyoustart dedi. Anyone knows if their offer is recurring or not?

I am not interested anymore. All of their offer will be "renewal will be charged at the price displayed on the renewal date".

Thanked by 1jh
  • As everyone said its onetime discount.

• @levnode said:
    I am interested in their Soyoustart dedi. Anyone knows if their offer is recurring or not?

I am not interested anymore. All of their offer will be "renewal will be charged at the price displayed on the renewal date".

Sys and Kim does not say for x month like the others it just say a month last year sys waved the setup fee that they no longer have.

• levnodelevnode Member
    edited November 2017

@ebony said:

@levnode said:

Sys and Kim does not say for x month like the others it just say a month last year sys waved the setup fee that they no longer have.

I wish that, but:

SO YOU START DEDICATED SERVERS
    A promotional offer that gives you 30% off server rental for a So you Start dedicated server. Offer valid for any new orders (excluding renewals) placed between 24th November 2017, 00:00 and 24th November 2017, 23:59 (Paris time), depending on the eligibility and availability of the server chosen, with the time that the order is processed by So you Start considered as proof in the event of a dispute. Offer limited to 1 per NIC handle (customer account). Dedicated server renewal will be charged at the price displayed on the renewal date, on the website www.soyoustart.com/en. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other current promotional offers. To subscribe, you must agree to So you Start terms and conditions. Offer valid while stocks last.

• SYS: At what stage does the promo show up? If I am not logged in, and I click on shopping cart to add new system, no discount. Logged in, no discount. Tried after logging in and I didnt see updated offer. Is it after confirming TOS and clicking "confirm to pay"?
    Also, It doesnt seem to show up for renewals .. anyone else have success with either new purchase or renewal?

• No it shows in the pro box blackfir> @aFriend said:

SYS: At what stage does the promo show up? If I am not logged in, and I click on shopping cart to add new system, no discount. Logged in, no discount. Tried after logging in and I didnt see updated offer. Is it after confirming TOS and clicking "confirm to pay"?
    Also, It doesnt seem to show up for renewals .. anyone else have success with either new purchase or renewal?

On the 1st page in prmo box it says "BLACKFRIDAY 30%"

• Any reason I cannot buy domains on OVH? It says contract not active? Do I have to have a dedi or VPS to buy a domain?