Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

URPad is selling 512MB VPS for 12 per year
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

URPad is selling 512MB VPS for 12 per year

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1298689

Looks like RBurns is really trying to get his acquisition money back. But for those ones who wants a cheap VPS and don't mind take the risk...good luck :)

Comments

• BlueVM currently has a 512MB for $15/year offer, so, I'm not that shocked.

• Prophecy: 8GB RAM for $10/year in 2015

Thanked by 1jake
  • LESLES Member

Nice offer, had a similar box at 123system for $10 a year.

• @serverian said:
    Prophecy: 8GB RAM for $10/year in 2015

If RAM keeps getting cheaper and bigger at the same time, it will definitely be possible in a couple of years.

• jakejake Member

To me, it looks like they are trying to bring as much upfront money as possible ASAP, and most likely to gain their investment back like you said @zhuanyi. I can't see this being profitable in the long run, but then again I could be wrong, I'm not a web host.

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

*** PRICE WAR ALERT ***

Houston only! Shame they didn't offer it across all their locations. So if you want 512MB for $10, then in the EU it's BandwagonHost (if they restock) or $12 UrPad in the US. I think UrPad were also one of the first to do the 256 @ $12/yr.

@LES said:
    Nice offer, had a similar box at 123system for $10 a year.

Was it any good? I'm guessing it's not available anymore?

@serverian said:
    Prophecy: 8GB RAM for $10/year in 2015

Who would need 8GB? I don't understand what these 2GB plans are for, especially on a shared core, so you can't even use it to its full potential!

• @LES said:
    Nice offer,

Thanks for your input, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to open a ticket. :)

• asterisk14asterisk14 Member
    edited August 2013

@jake said:
    To me, it looks like they are trying to bring as much upfront money as possible ASAP, and most likely to gain their investment back like you said zhuanyi. I can't see this being profitable in the long run, but then again I could be wrong, I'm not a web host.

Might not be much, but maybe a few $/customer. If they can get a couple of thousand customers, with their centralised operation (so ONE lot of tech/support/sales staff are dealing with all their customers semo/urpad/vmport etc) to keep costs low, they could still turn over some decent cash. If Bandwagon (in the EU too) can do it for $10 and 123systems can do for $10, and Amazon does it for $0, I'm sure there is money in it at $12!

@Chris Miller said:
    Thanks for your input, if you have any questions please don't hesitate to open a ticket. :)

What's the profit margin on these, we are all curious now :-)

• i try to order and get:

The following errors occurred:

• @dedicados said:
    i try to order and get:

What link are you seeing that at? I just went ahead and checked all of them it and appeared to be working correctly.

• MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited August 2013

Yes, the link works without any problem, a great service. @ChrisMiller

• LESLES Member

@asterisk14 said:

Was it any good? I'm guessing it's not available anymore?

Not really and no, it was a chicago clearance sale (location dropped).

• @asterisk14 said:
    What's the profit margin on these, we are all curious now :-)

>

Its not about profit margins, with the large amount of money we are putting into new servers and upgrades there really isn't any at this time. This deal is to show that URPad spares no expense in making sure that each customer gets a quality product for a decent price.

• Will this offer be transferable to other locations?

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited August 2013

@peppr said:
    Will this offer be transferable to other locations?

The 72 hour double ram offer is only available in Houston at this time.

• dedicadosdedicados Member
    edited August 2013

@Chris Miller said:
    What link are you seeing that at? I just went ahead and checked all of them it and appeared to be working correctly.

i cant even register, let me try again, and again.

• @dedicados said:

That's interesting, let me get back with you on that.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@dedicados tu no vives en "jiuston" jajaja

• @asterisk14 said:
    Houston only! Shame they didn't offer it across all their locations.

I think this was because some colo providers posted some cheap colo deals a while ago that was based in Houston.

But overall, the power price in Taxes is cheaper than the rest of the US I think.

• @netomx said:
    dedicados tu no vives en "jiuston" jajaja

jaja, ya seeee weeeeee

es porque soy mexicano! por eso me discriminan!?

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited August 2013

@dedicados said:

The registration form on the order page should now be working. Just close it out and restart.

Over the last few days we have been in the process of integrating our support systems across all brands with Kayako for we have one centralized system for support for we can better serve our customers. It now appears there are a few kinks with new accounts because when a user registers on WHMCS it automatically registrars on Kayako. Randal currently has a ticket open about it with them and we should hear back anytime.

If you have any more issues let me know.

• great, let me try =)

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@dedicados said:

te voy a reportar D: ajajaja ntc

• Anyone have a benchmark yet?

• have try them several times,but I cancelled at the end of first month or give away to some one else everytime.

• cloromorphocloromorpho Member
    edited August 2013

@Chris can i host my personal irc bouncer here? i like the Luxembourg location.

I did read the AUP, but it does not hurt to ask. xD

• Still no benchmark on this?

• DylanDylan Member
    edited August 2013

@Chris Miller

How many CPU cores do the 512MB, 1GB, and 2GB plans get?

• i already have a budget vps for $21 per year
    so nothing really special from urpad :)

• @cloromorpho said:
    Chris can i host my personal irc bouncer here? i like the Luxembourg location.

I did read the AUP, but it does not hurt to ask. xD

No we do not unfortunately. We have never allowed it and have no plans to.

@Dylan said:
    Chris Miller

How many CPU cores do the 512MB, 1GB, and 2GB plans get?

4 cores.